Kia 16 PTS in Exhibition Win over Great Britain | The Boneyard

Kia 16 PTS in Exhibition Win over Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
16 points on 1 field goal attempt has to be some kind of record.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see the Hack-a-shaq strategy has filtered down to women's international basketball

Reaction Score
It dosen't seem as if GB was much competition but she lead the team in both points and minutes. She's an important part of her national team. I don't see how she could be doing more this summer to improve as a BB player. I've been a fan since the day she announced that she was going to become a Huskie. She's a solid all around player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just love this kid. Her attitude has already made her one of my favorite Huskies. She's like Mel Thomas in that she is so intense on offense and especially defense, but she has almost as good a 3 point shot, is much more athletic, bigger, stronger, and has better guard skills. She's all heart and effort, but backs it up with just terrific BBIQ and skillful play.

Keep in mind that these numbers she's putting up are against pros/Olympians/etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Eric, you took my opening line... since I learned Geno was recruiting her I have been a fan of this grounded, goofy, assassin from the North Country.

Reaction Score
http://baloncestoenvivo.feb.es/Game/8992511#boxscore

Amazing Stat Made one Field Goal and 14 of 15 Free Throws. Committed 0 Fouls and Drew 9. Only 2 turn overs in today's game.

Jim Fuller Blog: http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/05/uconns-nurse-steals-show-for-canada.html
Seems like Kia loves the foul line--keep that thought Kia, keep that thought!! I wish her exceptional success in all that she does, except against USA. What's not to like about this young woman????

Reaction Score
Eric, you took my opening line... since I learned Geno was recruiting her I have been a fan of this grounded, goofy, assassin from the North Country.
No insult intended! Goofy isn't a word I'd use towards Kia Nurse Grounded, yea, Assassin sometimes, dedicated surely, tough minded always, fun to watch every time. I've said this before--the way she moves on the floor, the confidence, the way she carries herself reminds me of Svetlana. What else should we expect from a woman with her pedigree??

Reaction Score
What is the stat FP with sub category C and F? I guess I'm stupid, because I can't figure out what it means.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
C are fouls called on the player
F are fouls the player drew from another player.

You want more then C's :)

What is the stat FP with sub category C and F? I guess I'm stupid, because I can't figure out what it means.

Reaction Score
Thanks, that makes sense, I don't remember seeing that on other box scores. I'm surprised they don't have a sub-categories under AS with B and F, where they're Assists leading to a Basket or a Foul.

Reaction Score
Seems like Kia loves the foul line--keep that thought Kia, keep that thought!! I wish her exceptional success in all that she does, except against USA. What's not to like about this young woman????
She drives to the basket, gets fouled a lot, but many times last year got called for charging. I bet she's learning how to avoid the charge calls now.

Reaction Score
"BroadwayVa, post: 1336227, member: 6118"]No insult intended! Goofy isn't a word I'd use towards Kia Nurse Grounded, yea, Assassin sometimes, dedicated surely, tough minded always, fun to watch every time. I've said this before--the way she moves on the floor, the confidence, the way she carries herself reminds me of Svetlana. What else should we expect from a woman with her pedigree??
KML.jpg

It seems like somebody else agrees with your assessment of Kia.:rolleyes::p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No insult intended! Goofy isn't a word I'd use towards Kia Nurse Grounded, yea, Assassin sometimes, dedicated surely, tough minded always, fun to watch every time. I've said this before--the way she moves on the floor, the confidence, the way she carries herself reminds me of Svetlana. What else should we expect from a woman with her pedigree??

I don't know whether it was a SNY production or an ESPN one, but it pointed out her spontaneous goofiness ... and that's a good thing in the pressured, fish bowl of UC WCBB. But you are right, when it matters she is all business.

Reaction Score
C are fouls called on the player
F are fouls the player drew from another player.

You want more then C's :)

It's a really interesting stat line inclusion. The international designation "FP"- personal fouls- we're used to seeing, as is Cometidas - ( fouls) committed. But we never get to see that subcategory "F" for forzadas, meaning fouls forced/drawn. Very interesting stat, tells a lot. Explains Kia's frequent visits to the foul line.

Reaction Score
I don't know whether it was a SNY production or an ESPN one, but it pointed out her spontaneous goofiness ... and that's a good thing in the pressured, fish bowl of UC WCBB. But you are right, when it matters she is all business.
Thanks --never heard or read that before this. You are right, the Uconn team as a whole needs a pressure relief valve, I think Stef filled that need when she was here. My views out her in the back lands/hinterlands/good lands don't get to see them any longer --in person. I only get to see what's going on in the TV games. and I rarely, if ever, listen to the blabby heads on either ESPN or SNY--now if Sue or Swin was doing the color--I'd be all ears, yes they'd be even larger. So the "goofie" side was missed. Thanks for the information..

Reaction Score
Thanks --never heard or read that before this. You are right, the Uconn team as a whole needs a pressure relief valve, I think Stef filled that need when she was here. My views out her in the back lands/hinterlands/good lands don't get to see them any longer --in person. I only get to see what's going on in the TV games. and I rarely, if ever, listen to the blabby heads on either ESPN or SNY--now if Sue or Swin was doing the color--I'd be all ears, yes they'd be even larger. So the "goofie" side was missed. Thanks for the information..

Definitely a goofy side. When asked in one SNY segment to say something in Canadian, she responded matter of factly, "maple syrup". Her teammates genuinely seem to like her and she seems to be in the middle of all the fun in every segment. Talent and charisma. Also a very intelligent and well-spoken young lady. It seems to me that she was always very clear about UCONN's value to her as a rising player and the need to work hard to achieve. She knows why she came to UCONN and expects to take away from the experience as much as she can. Unfortunately, it will be Team Canada that will benefit and not Team USA. I don't know if Kia will put up enough stats to ever become an All-American and make the Wall of Honor but she most certainly will be a vital part of this team for the next three years in a number of different ways. 'Role model" will be one of them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

And we are told that Gabby is her partner in crime quite often.

Reaction Score
And we are told that Gabby is her partner in crime quite often.
Thank you for this. Gabby and Kia--goofies, AS THE CAPITAL guy from FLA says---who'da thunk it?? I loved all of last years in Coming Freshmen, even Edwards, had great hopes for them. But Gabby and Kia bubble to the top. Thanks...

Reaction Score
Definitely a goofy side. When asked in one SNY segment to say something in Canadian, she responded matter of factly, "maple syrup". Her teammates genuinely seem to like her and she seems to be in the middle of all the fun in every segment. Talent and charisma. Also a very intelligent and well-spoken young lady. It seems to me that she was alway
s very clear about UCONN's value to her as a rising player and the need to work hard to achieve. She knows why she came to UCONN and expects to take away from the experience as much as she can. Unfortunately, it will be Team Canada that will benefit and not Team USA. I don't know if Kia will put up enough stats to ever become an All-American and make the Wall of Honor but she most certainly will be a vital part of this team for the next three years in a number of different ways. 'Role model" will be one of them.

You'll never know how much I appreciated this comment--my Father, an American- Canadian, reply to the same question was---Chevrolet Coupe' (koo pay). It takes a special amount of self confidence to move from one country to another--Svet had it, Kia has it.
Talent and Charisma for sure--have you seen her birth certificate?? Are you sure she's not 35?? For me it's a benefit that Team Canada will have the pleasure of her game--while I get to see her play for UConn with gusto!!!! Thank you .

Reaction Score
Definitely a goofy side. When asked in one SNY segment to say something in Canadian, she responded matter of factly, "maple syrup". Her teammates genuinely seem to like her and she seems to be in the middle of all the fun in every segment. Talent and charisma. Also a very intelligent and well-spoken young lady. It seems to me that she was alway
s very clear about UCONN's value to her as a rising player and the need to work hard to achieve. She knows why she came to UCONN and expects to take away from the experience as much as she can. Unfortunately, it will be Team Canada that will benefit and not Team USA. I don't know if Kia will put up enough stats to ever become an All-American and make the Wall of Honor but she most certainly will be a vital part of this team for the next three years in a number of different ways. 'Role model" will be one of them.

You'll never know how much I appreciated this comment--my Father, an American- Canadian, reply to the same question was---Chevrolet Coupe' (koo pay). It takes a special amount of self confidence to move from one country to another--Svet had it, Kia has it.
Talent and Charisma for sure--have you seen her birth certificate?? Are you sure she's not 35?? For me it's a benefit that Team Canada will have the pleasure of her game--while I get to see her play for UConn with gusto!!!! Thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom