Khaliel Rodgers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Khaliel Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's one of the dumber terms I've heard in recent memory.

So recruits know exactly what the term means yet we hear all the time about recruits who try to commit only to find out they never had an offer? Um, ok.

You either have an offer or you don't.

Read bigeastconf's post. He explains it perfectly.

You completely misinterpreted what I said. My point is that you almost never hear of kids who try to commit to a school and are turned down due to not knowing if they have an offer or not.

Boyle said he got offered by Florida, yet in interviews he made it completely clear that he knew he wasn't going to be able to commit to Florida. The kids know.

Reaction Score
It's one of the dumber terms I've heard in recent memory.

So recruits know exactly what the term means yet we hear all the time about recruits who try to commit only to find out they never had an offer? Um, ok.

You either have an offer or you don't.

Jimmy, just to be clear, my comment on rightous indignation was meant for BL and not you, I should have replied to his post.

Reaction Score
When is the exact date that seniors to be are extended WRITTEN OFFERS? I would imagine that more of those go out than can be accepted, so a wr that is initially extended a written offer, may find himself unable to commit when a school fills up at a position. I doubt a school goes back and tells a kid he no longer has an offer. Its really nothing more than a play on words. There was lb out of Florida a few years back that tried to commit after Brandon Stegve haddone so only to find out his offer was no longer "committable ".

Reaction Score
If you don't think that that term is used in recruiting, I don't know what to tell you. Media members, players, fans and coaches all use that term.

It's often used in reference to when a school only has room for a certain number of players, but many offers out, so they can't all commit.

I agree with BL ... the whole use of the term is manipulative at best, fraudulent at worst.

Sometimes you can use logic and honesty, as in this example given to me by the father of an OL recruit: "I have 8 offers out for 4 spots ... the first 4 that accept are in, the remainder will be contacted and their offers rescinded." In this example the recruits were clearly told what to expect ... unless they had the unfortunate experience of being the fifth to accept ... :(

Reaction Score
BizLaw

In order to have any kind of offer, committable or not, there needs to be at least some interest from the offering party.

So Jessica Alba has some interest in you? Remember you are still under oath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom