Khaliel Rodgers | The Boneyard

Khaliel Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell here’s the latest status on Khaliel Rodgers:

http://ohiostaterecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/05/recruiting-notes-khaliel-rodgers-update.html

• Top 6 (no order) of Auburn, Ole Miss, Ohio State, UCLA, West Virginia, and UConn.
  • USC would join that group if they offer.
  • Visiting Ohio State "most likely" next Friday.
  • On what he wants to see: "Just the basics."
  • Now announcing his college decision June 30th, was previously annoucning at US Army Bowl.
  • On why he's moving his decision up: "I just wanted to end my recruiting and get some focus on my other teammates."
  • Factors: Family environment, academics, coaching, and overall environment.
  • Also visiting Auburn before he decides.

247Sports has a neat feature, Twitter mentions of players. http://247sports.com/Player/Khaliel-Rodgers-12398/Tweets

He’ll visit Auburn weekend of June 8 and Ohio State weekend of June 15.

Three days ago Khaliel called Auburn his “a dream school for me”.

Question: Dhameer Bradley is coming to UConn for a 7-on-7 camp. Does that mean 6 of his Elkton teammates are coming too? Would be great if Khaliel were to come up with him. Does anyone know? If so, and if he's announcing June 30th, we might have the last look.

Reaction Score
Ohio St does not have a committable offer to Roogers, they will land 3 top OL's in this class. Auburn is in the lead for Rogers.

Reaction Score
Getting the Bradley commit can't hurt our chances with Rodgers. Idk if it helps them, but it can't hurt them.

Reaction Score
At times 7 on 7 teams will bring a center who will snap the ball to the quarterback to start the play. It's a way to practice snapping the ball.

But that's not always done, so Rodgers may not be at UConn for the 7 on 7.

However, Bradley, Irvin-Sills, Sills, Shorts, and Smallwood should all be there, along with others.

Usually teams bring around 10 guys.

Reaction Score
Hey, you know what guys. SSSSHHHH!!!

Let the coaches do their work, be confident that they're doing it the right way, and let the rest of the world play catch up and stay in the dark.

pj

Reaction Score
Interesting that Khaliel's top schools are places his teammates are going. Kenny Bigelow to USC, Jahmere Irvin-Sills to Auburn, Bradley to UConn. Too bad we missed on Irvin-Sills.

And ECA's sophomore quarterback, David Sills, was offered by USC and committed at age 13. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4888515. Amazing!

Reaction Score
I think we are making his decision tough... won baby battle we won IMO... gotta win the war though

Reaction Score
could definitely use a "dislike" option for pj's last comment ...If he visist those schools we'd be an afterthought...

pj

Reaction Score
I don't know, ktuck. These ECA kids are very close, and very family oriented, with football counting as family. I wouldn't exclude several more of them going as a group. Rodgers wanted to go to USC with Kenny Bigelow who's probably his closest friend, but USC hasn't offered. Auburn seems to be his leader perhaps in part because Jahmere Irvin-Sills committed. We have Bradley. The destinations of Shorts, Creamer, and Smallwood might matter - Smallwood likes West Virginia and that might figure in Rodgers' plans to visit there. I'm not sure brand names are that important in this case. I think it's more personal - connection to the coaches, to the team, to the other ECA kids.

Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
Again, Ohio St does not have a commitable offer for Rogers, W Virginia just received a verbal from C Tyler Tezeno and Michigan also has not offered Rogers.

This will come down to Auburn, UCLA, Oke Miss and Uconn with Auburn as the heavy favorite.

We'll see. 247sports says Ohio State has an offer to him, and they only have one OL in their class so far. I bet if he visited they'd make it committable, if it isn't already. USC or Michigan could come in late.

I'm going to hope that he liked UConn enough that he's having second thoughts about Auburn. Maybe our virtues will grow on him, especially if he sees us doing well during the season, or if another teammate decides to come here.

Reaction Score
I have an offer to sleep with Jessica Alba tonight. Of course, she won't actually eep with me if I show up at her house so I guess it's a non-commitable offer.

There is no such thing as a non-commitable offer. Could we stop using such a silly phrase. If you don't have a commitable offer, you don't have an offer. Period. Using the terms "non-commitable" offer is not just horrific English, but it's helping powerful adults perpetuate frauds on young men. I beg those of you using this term to stop.

Rant over. Back to work.

Reaction Score
We'll see. 247sports says Ohio State has an offer to him, and they only have one OL in their class so far. I bet if he visited they'd make it committable, if it isn't already. USC or Michigan could come in late.

I'm going to hope that he liked UConn enough that he's having second thoughts about Auburn. Maybe our virtues will grow on him, especially if he sees us doing well during the season, or if another teammate decides to come here.

I don't know the whole story about O St, it's posssible they did offer and then pulled back, they are no longer recruiting Rogers, trust me. USC amd Michigan will not offer Rogers.

He really liked Auburn and UCLA. I read that he almost committed to Ole Miss on his visit. Uconn is on the outside looking in, if the kid wants playing time early, then Uconn is the way to go.

Reaction Score
I have an offer to sleep with Jessica Alba tonight. Of course, she won't actually eep with me if I show up at her house so I guess it's a non-commitable offer.

There is no such thing as a non-commitable offer. Could we stop using such a silly phrase. If you don't have a commitable offer, you don't have an offer. Period. Using the terms "non-commitable" offer is not just horrific English, but it's helping powerful adults perpetuate frauds on young men. I beg those of you using this term to stop.

Rant over. Back to work.

If you don't think that that term is used in recruiting, I don't know what to tell you. Media members, players, fans and coaches all use that term.

It's often used in reference to when a school only has room for a certain number of players, but many offers out, so they can't all commit.

Reaction Score
If you don't think that that term is used in recruiting, I don't know what to tell you. Media members, players, fans and coaches all use that term.

It's often used in reference to when a school only has room for a certain number of players, but many offers out, so they can't all commit.

Of course it's used in recruiting. Did you read what I wrote?

It's used by growns ups with the power of a state government behind them to try to deceive young men into thinking the school is willing to make a commitment to them when they're not. It's used to lie to young men who don't know better.

If you're interested in a young man, but not able or willing to make him an offer at the present time, you should say so. And we shouldn't encourage the lying by picking up on the term as if it's meaningful.

Reaction Score
I don't know, ktuck. These ECA kids are very close, and very family oriented, with football counting as family. I wouldn't exclude several more of them going as a group. Rodgers wanted to go to USC with Kenny Bigelow who's probably his closest friend, but USC hasn't offered. Auburn seems to be his leader perhaps in part because Jahmere Irvin-Sills committed. We have Bradley. The destinations of Shorts, Creamer, and Smallwood might matter - Smallwood likes West Virginia and that might figure in Rodgers' plans to visit there. I'm not sure brand names are that important in this case. I think it's more personal - connection to the coaches, to the team, to the other ECA kids.

Well here's hoping he and Bradley find out they were long lost half brothers or something making them closer than the rest... then I'd really like our chances...

Reaction Score
Of course it's used in recruiting. Did you read what I wrote?

It's used by growns ups with the power of a state government behind them to try to deceive young men into thinking the school is willing to make a commitment to them when they're not. It's used to lie to young men who don't know better.

If you're interested in a young man, but not able or willing to make him an offer at the present time, you should say so. And we shouldn't encourage the lying by picking up on the term as if it's meaningful.

Please. Recruits know damn well what it means. Maybe they didn't 15 years ago, but they know now. Recruits attend camp and start communicating with coaches so early nowadays that they know the vernacular very well.

How many times has a kid earnestly tried to commit but got turned down, thinking he had an offer?

Recruits know that if they don't have a written offer then there is a good chance that they can't commit.

Reaction Score
Please. Recruits know damn well what it means. Maybe they didn't 15 years ago, but they know now. Recruits attend camp and start communicating with coaches so early nowadays that they know the vernacular very well.

How many times has a kid earnestly tried to commit but got turned down, thinking he had an offer?

Recruits know that if they don't have a written offer then there is a good chance that they can't commit.

It's one of the dumber terms I've heard in recent memory.

So recruits know exactly what the term means yet we hear all the time about recruits who try to commit only to find out they never had an offer? Um, ok.

You either have an offer or you don't.

Reaction Score
What a non commitable offer typically means is, "we are interested in you, but not going to accept your verbal until players A,B or C decide first or "we offered you baseed on your highlight tape that your coach sent us, but we're taking our offer back after we saw how poorly you preformed at our camp"

I don't know what's so hard to understand. The business of college recruiting can be ugly, just look at what happend to Syracuse this past weekend, RB recruit Davis commits, two Fox analyst confirm he verballed, then there are conflicting reports and the story is pulled without anyone explaining what the hell just happend.

Did the kid have an offer? How did two scout.com reporters screw this up? An uncommitable offer is a term used by writers like Brian Dohn and Bob Lichenfield, I didn't coin the term, but it is a common term in recruiting, like it or not. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Stop with the rightous indignation already, it's sickening and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom