Khalid to Boat: "Keep going." Great read in NYT | The Boneyard

Khalid to Boat: "Keep going." Great read in NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/31/s...r-in-the-ncaa-tournament.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Napier and Daniels and Boatright did not think about transferring. They pledged their loyalty to UConn, to one another and the coaching staff and those who elevated the program before them. That loyalty was rewarded Sunday, when former stars like Ben Gordon, Richard Hamilton and Emeka Okafor were in the stands. They returned to offer support but also because they sensed what could be. This was UConn playing in New York, at the Garden, site of so many fond memories.

In the locker room afterward, Khalid El-Amin strolled in with Boatright, and the two point guards shared a poignant moment. El-Amin pulled him close and said, “Keep going.”

Hamilton said: “We’re Connecticut. We’ve won championships. We know how to win. We know how to win big games.”

Not long after the latest big win, Ollie finished a television interview and met Calhoun at midcourt. He kissed Calhoun on the cheek and the men embraced, sharing a private conversation. A task awaited. Ollie turned to his assistant Ricky Moore, a guard on the 1999 championship team.

“Let’s go cut down some nets,” Ollie told him.

I love this week.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
From the start Bazz and Boat have always reminded me of KEA and Moore version 2

Reaction Score
Not long after the latest big win, Ollie finished a television interview and met Calhoun at midcourt. He kissed Calhoun on the cheek and the men embraced, sharing a private conversation. A task awaited. Ollie turned to his assistant Ricky Moore, a guard on the 1999 championship team.

“Let’s go cut down some nets,” Ollie told him.

If you told me four years ago that I'd read the above quote in the New York Times, I would have never believed you. It sounds like a fantasy someone here on the 'Yard would dream up about an alternate universe or a fan-fiction of a best case scenario in the year 2034.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom