Khalid gets his college degree | The Boneyard

Khalid gets his college degree

Reaction Score
Did we already know this? I can't remember seeing anything before. Glad to hear he completed his degree. He wants to be a college coach.

"I always had plans to finish, but life happens," he said. "Part of it was if I wanted coach at the college level, I've got to have a degree, but I really wanted to finish because it was something I started. It's like a big weight off my shoulders and I'm proud and happy about that.

"Of course, UConn really helped a lot. They stepped up and played their part. I want to thank Patricia Harkins, my academic advisor, and her whole team. They were truly helpful and I wouldn't have been able to do this without them."

Reaction Score
Fun fact: I took an online class called CAMS 1103 my senior year in the fall of 2017. It was known as one of the easiest classes, something like classical mythology. This one guy would ask so many questions on HuskyCT and seemed really involved in the class discussions. I would answers some forum questions he’d ask and he’d answer some of mine. Weeks later I realized the name was Khalid El-Amin! I couldn’t wait to text my parents a picture. KEA remains amongst my parents favorite all-time huskies.

Reaction Score
Fun fact: I took an online class called CAMS 1103 my senior year in the fall of 2017. It was known as one of the easiest classes, something like classical mythology. This one guy would ask so many questions on HuskyCT and seemed really involved in the class discussions. I would answers some forum questions he’d ask and he’d answer some of mine. Weeks later I realized the name was Khalid El-Amin! I couldn’t wait to text my parents a picture. KEA remains amongst my parents favorite all-time huskies.
was it as easy as expected ?

Reaction Score
was it as easy as expected ?

Yes. It was mostly creating blog posts on the given subject, as well as providing feedback on other’s blog posts. There were a few very short essays too but if you’re willing to put in 2-3ish hours a week it’s a guaranteed A.

Reaction Score
Congrats to KEA. I named one of our pets El Amin, a beautiful little tabby cat, after the point god. Born in March 1999, she had a long and very cushy life. I wish Kalid the same.

Reaction Score
Congrats to KEA on the degree.. What always amazed me about him-his game- Was that he was not the most athletic guy --at the guard spot-- on the floor. But he always delivered because his BBIQ and court sense was vastly superior to the guards he was playing against.. Just a pleasure to watch him do his thing as an undersized/less physically gifted guy. Always produced in the big moments.

And he shocked the World.

Reaction Score
He wants to coach at the D-I level someday, and he's got a couple of dream jobs in mind: the University of Minnesota and ... you guessed it ... UConn.

“I’m ready to start showing what I can do on the coaching side, putting in the time and effort, running my own program, scouting, breaking down film — the whole nine," he said. "Just to show and prove that I'm ready for the big time."

Alternate access:

Khalid El-Amin finally earned his UConn degree. Up next: Coaching, with couple of dream jobs in mind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom