Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 835 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The bottom end P4 schools are spearheading this. The tell: they can't be relegated, and they are officially on the same level as the Alabamas of the world. It's not happening.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I love how no one wants to address the revenue aspect of this. Like you really think the P2 are gonna be like “yeah let’s all negotiate one big contract with ~45 other lesser programs”?
Supposedly the revenue would not be equal but either way I don't see the big schools agreeing to this.

Reaction Score
The bottom end P4 schools are spearheading this. The tell: they can't be relegated, and they are officially on the same level as the Alabamas of the world. It's not happening.
yeah that makes sense, they want to create a world where they can't be removed. i saw on reddit the notion 'well we need to do this so we don't go bankrupt' and I'm like "uh huh... sure..."

Reaction Score
What makes it possible IMHO is the realization of a super conference of 40 teams, most in the south, could have the same national appeal as the UFL.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse chancellor IS one of the leaders of this group

Well of course he is! How else can Syracuse land anywhere? Nobody is beating down a door to secure Syracuse's membership in any conference. What do they bring to the table?

However, more than that, their proactive involvement in this effort shows two things. 1. The ACC is likely finished in their opinion and 2. Nobody is beating down their door for membership in any CFP organization or other conference for that matter.

Reaction Score
Nails it ...

He basically laid out why UConn has to do whatever it can to get into a P4 conference. Take a partial share or no share like SMU for a while, etc. Beg them to let you in, make offers they can't refuse, etc.

It's not about chasing football riches. It's about protecting basketball. The Big East has a shaky future.

Reaction Score
He basically laid out why UConn has to do whatever it can to get into a P4 conference. Take a partial share or no share like SMU for a while, etc. Beg them to let you in, make offers they can't refuse, etc.

It's not about chasing football riches. It's about protecting basketball. The Big East has a shaky future.
I think this is ultimately the last play UConn will make. Just have to wait to see how the ACC lawsuits play out.

Reaction Score
This article shows two things

1. Most of the realignment has been all about the right place at the right time. Louisville, BC, Cuse and Pitt peaked at the absolute right times while UConn hit one of its biggest obstacles at the wrong time.

2. The author is clearly basketball-focused and fails to understand that football drives the bus. How people don't get that by now is beyond me. Southern footballs schools drive the ACC bus until they decide to run it off the cliff.

We might get an ACC invite once it has been picked by the vultures. Unless football is still valued greater then look for Memphis, Tulane and USF to take priority. Academics do not matter ... only football.. see Ville.

Reaction Score

1. Most of the realignment has been all about the right place at the right time. Louisville, BC, Cuse and Pitt peaked at the absolute right times while UConn hit one of its biggest obstacles at the wrong time.

2. The author is clearly basketball-focused and fails to understand that football drives the bus. How people don't get that by now is beyond me. Southern footballs schools drive the ACC bus until they decide to run it off the cliff.

We might get an ACC invite once it has been picked by the vultures. Unless football is still valued greater then look for Memphis, Tulane and USF to take priority. Academics do not matter ... only football.. see Ville.

The ACC pretending basketball doesn’t matter isn’t a great idea when the B12, the only conference they are really competing with, values it tremendously.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The ACC pretending basketball doesn’t matter isn’t a great idea when the B12, the only conference they are really competing with, values it tremendously.
But not so tremendously as to offer the six-time and back to back national champions a slot.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The reason the ACC doesnt value basketball is primarily because of the southern football first schools and their complete dominance over the entire conference. When they leave that issue goes out the door but they will quite possibly liquidate the ACC on the way out. It's funny how the programs that hold everyone else's nuts to the fire are the ones with a foot out the door and zero future commitment ... see pac12

I can't decide if I'd be happier with UConn getting an offer to join the ACC or if greater joy would come from watching the ACC completely implode, even at our peril

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The unsaid point of the article is that sometimes the best option isn’t the one that seems the most obvious.

Reaction Score

#2. The author absolutely understands it's all about football. My feeling is, the ACC and Big 12 are fighting losing battles because they will never ever win the football battle. So win at something else. That's this guys point.

"everything that has happened in college athletics over the past decade....has been centered exclusively around football"

"maybe it’s time for the league to stop chasing its tail and get back to its roots. And start concentrating on doing what it has always done best. Playing basketball"

Reaction Score
#2. The author absolutely understands it's all about football. My feeling is, the ACC and Big 12 are fighting losing battles because they will never ever win the football battle. So win at something else. That's this guys point.

"everything that has happened in college athletics over the past decade....has been centered exclusively around football"

"maybe it’s time for the league to stop chasing its tail and get back to its roots. And start concentrating on doing what it has always done best. Playing basketball"
I'd be curious if bad football/lower p4 programs still out-earn and add greater TV revenue than p4 top-level basketball. Curious about the numbers for say Kentucky, Kansas, Cuse, Indiana, Virginia etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom