Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 834 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

pj

Reaction Score
It’s definitely an interesting question, and honestly I think a good argument could be made that if given the choice in 2024 that UVA and UNC would prefer The SEC.

Despite the more liberal nature of their academic sides, their fanbases, alums, and key boosters are decidedly old south in their leaning. In a perfect scenario they would stay in a viable ACC forever, but that scenario is quickly going away.

My guess is that when it comes time to put pen to paper, they will feel more aligned with Alabama, UGA, and Florida than they do with Michigan, OSU, and Penn State.

With the academic profile of The SEC rapidly improving and success on the basketball court becoming a real thing, it’s not that hard to imagine. The SEC’s best move would be UNC, Duke, UVA, and Clemson. They could legitimately lay claim to best football and basketball conference in one swift move.

As a bonus they likely keep The B1G out of Virginia, The Carolinas and Georgia forever, because it’s highly unlikely that the money or support would be there for VPI, NCSU, or GT. The only move that they could make to try to keep pace would be FSU and ND, but that is far from certain.

Seems reasonable, but why would the SEC prefer Clemson to FSU? For that matter why Duke to FSU?

UNC, UVa, FSU, and Clemson would be a good top 4 for the SEC.

I could see the B1G going for ND and UVa, SEC taking their pick of the rest. If travel, contiguity, and academics matter, UVa is better than FSU. FSU wins on athletics and money.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Seems reasonable, but why would the SEC prefer Clemson to FSU? For that matter why Duke to FSU?

UNC, UVa, FSU, and Clemson would be a good top 4 for the SEC.

I could see the B1G going for ND and UVa, SEC taking their pick of the rest. If travel, contiguity, and academics matter, UVa is better than FSU. FSU wins on athletics and money.
Why would the Big10 take UVA over FSU? It doesn’t get them any more money. They didn’t take the best academic D1 school in the last go around (Stanford) and the top school in the California system Cal Berkeley), why would they take a lower rated school that doesn’t even come close to making money for them? FSU wins on athletics, money and ratings in the 3rd largest state. Now, does FSU want the Big10? Some day that’s their preference, others say it’s the SEC. I don’t know but the Big10 (for athletic and general population students) and their media partners would love to get into the state of Florida and have national games with the Big10 brands of OSU, PSU, Michigan, USC and Washington.

Reaction Score

11 Units for the Big East (3) and 10 for the MWC (6).
So UConn has earned 5 Units while Creighton & Marquette earned 3 each for the conference.

UConn and DePaul will both receive $2 million earned this year.
Ebon also posted a video explaining how units work. :D

Units.JPG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
11 Units for the Big East (3) and 10 for the MWC (6).
So UConn has earned 5 Units while Creighton & Marquette earned 3 each for the conference.

UConn and DePaul will both receive $2 million earned this year.
Ebon also posted a video explaining how units work. :D

View attachment 98738

And this is why the BE only getting 3 bids really hurts.

And why Marquette and Creighton spitting the bit hurts.

Reaction Score
And this is why the BE only getting 3 bids really hurts.

And why Marquette and Creighton spitting the bit hurts.
+1
The real problem with the Big East buttering their bread with credits is the feast or famine nature of it. I'd prefer to have a regular payout that can be counted on every single year.

Reaction Score
I always find it more interesting to look at units above expected (particularly over a range of years)... I wouldn't say either team spit the bit (Creighton actually finished where it's seed would project them too), the Big East finished one below what they would expect based on the seeds (contrary to the narrative, the Mountain West actually finished one ahead):

Units above Expectation this year (play-in games confer 0.5 expected units):
1) ACC +4.5
2) Pac-12 +1.5
T-3) 7 Tied with +1
--
32) Big XII -7
31) SEC -4
T-29) American & Big East -1

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I always find it more interesting to look at units above expected (particularly over a range of years)... I wouldn't say either team spit the bit (Creighton actually finished where it's seed would project them too), the Big East finished one below what they would expect based on the seeds (contrary to the narrative, the Mountain West actually finished one ahead):

Units above Expectation this year (play-in games confer 0.5 expected units):
1) ACC +4.5
2) Pac-12 +1.5
T-3) 7 Tied with +1
--
32) Big XII -7
31) SEC -4
T-29) American & Big East -1
This emphasizes the importance of the loss of the bids to Seton Hall, St. John's, impossibly Providence. If all three of them get in that's another 6 million to the conference. If two of them win a game that's another 4 million.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Say what you want about the B1G not winning a basketball championship in over two decades, those teams still draw the tv ratings. I want to see the Iowa-LSU women's ratings from last night. I bet it beats the men.
Is your favorite team Minnesota? Hi Greg.

Reaction Score

Another reason to pull March Madness away from the corrupt NCAA... What a joke!
They clearly sucked up to the P-2 and soon to be dissolved ACC. With Seton Hall, St.Js and maybe PC, the BE gets another 6-8 units.

Well there is nothing more to do now except smash the crap out of Alabama and whoever else this weekend!

Reaction Score
Another reason to pull March Madness away from the corrupt NCAA... What a joke!
They clearly sucked up to the P-2 and soon to be dissolved ACC. With Seton Hall, St.Js and maybe PC, the BE gets another 6-8 units.

Well there is nothing more to do now except smash the crap out of Alabama and whoever else this weekend!

"the corrupt NCAA"... yeah because its been real clear NCAA employees have been stuffing their pants full of cash, huh?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its corrupt.

Reaction Score
Probably deserves its own thread but triple-tasking:

Scary article. All current P5 members and SMU will be in. All others will be out, but may be able to earn a spot if they improve. Bottom feeders in the P5 can continue to be bottom feeders and will be forever safe. Terrible news for UConn. SMU was very smart to get into the ACC even if it meant 10 years of no income.

Reaction Score
Scary article. All current P5 members and SMU will be in. All others will be out, but may be able to earn a spot if they improve. Bottom feeders in the P5 can continue to be bottom feeders and will be forever safe. Terrible news for UConn. SMU was very smart to get into the ACC even if it meant 10 years of no income.
I think we can squeeze in with a few others if it comes to that. Sure would be a good time to win dual natties again. We’ve got to stay way above the other non P5 schools in stature.

Reaction Score
I think we can squeeze in with a few others if it comes to that. Sure would be a good time to win dual natties again. We’ve got to stay way above the other non P5 schools in stature.
Sadly, it has nothing to do with basketball. Only football matters. The thing I don't understand with the new realignment is how the SEC and B1G members reassigned to a new conference feel about getting less money. Also what is the effect on TV networks that fund the conferences. The B1G and SEC will not be happy sharing.

Reaction Score
Sadly, it has nothing to do with basketball. Only football matters. The thing I don't understand with the new realignment is how the SEC and B1G members reassigned to a new conference feel about getting less money. Also what is the effect on TV networks that fund the conferences. The B1G and SEC will not be happy sharing.
I still think it does when you get to the very end. The B12 sees value in bball, women’s basketball is booming now and we have the best programs in the country on both sides. It helps a lot more than it hurts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_2021.jpeg
Lol, it's like the unpopular kids deciding to host a party so that they will get to go and then being shocked on none of the popular kids have an interest.

The only thing that could make this more of a loser would be if Aresco was pitching it.

Reaction Score
View attachment 98867 Lol, it's like the unpopular kids deciding to host a party so that they will get to go and then being shocked on none of the popular kids have an interest.

The only thing that could make this more of a loser would be if Aresco was pitching it.
The Syracuse chancellor IS one of the leaders of this group

Reaction Score
you really don't get it, do you? They can already cut you out. They do not care about you and never did.

Reaction Score
reality is this is a first pass... they won't finish at 80. they'll shed other schools as they go along and maximize the markets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom