Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 825 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Buddy, the Big XII had their chance to take us and didn't. It was all very public
We were 100% a lock if not for all the four corner schools joining as Jamie Pollard revealed. There is a timeline where UConn is in the B12 and the presidents approved it, maybe after a bit of initial deliberation. Yormark himself never disqualified UConn like he did other schools, they just hit 18 members to match the P2 and paused to acclimate all the new members

Maybe our ratings and a deep March Madness run will have them coming back, after all they are essentially a basketball conference now. If I wanted to expand and reach a new lucrative market I know who I'm picking

Reaction Score
We were 100% a lock if not for all the four corner schools joining as Jamie Pollard revealed. There is a timeline where UConn is in the B12 and the presidents approved it, maybe after a bit of initial deliberation. Yormark himself never disqualified UConn like he did other schools, they just hit 18 members to match the P2 and paused to acclimate all the new members

Maybe our ratings and a deep March Madness run will have them coming back, after all they are a basketball conference now. If I wanted to expand and reach a new lucrative market I know who I'm picking
"We were a lock until they had better options. But next time when they have better options it'll be different!"

The Big XII presidents were obsessed with adding more "power five schools"

That is all they cared about.

Reaction Score
"We were a lock until they had better options. But next time when they have better options it'll be different!"

Except we are more desirable to them then P5s OSU, Wazzu, and Calford who actually have Football success and fans. I didn't see them even making a pitch for those schools, much less the presidents agreeing on it like we had and they got left in the dust

If the B12 were to expand at this very moment, it's obvious they would choose UConn considering that was the plan

Reaction Score
Except we are more desirable to them then P5s OSU, Wazzu, and Calford who actually have Football success and fans. I didn't see them even making a pitch for those schools, much less the presidents agreeing on it like we had and they got left in the dust

If the B12 were to expand at this very moment, it's obvious they would choose UConn considering that was the plan
But they're not going to expand right now. They're going to expand when FSU and Clemson kill the ACC. How do you not get this? I'm surprised you're intelligent enough to make an account but can't think 2 steps ahead

Reaction Score
But they're not going to expand right now. They're going to expand when FSU and Clemson kill the ACC. How do you not get this? I'm surprised you're intelligent enough to make an account but can't think 2 steps ahead
As I have said reiterated countless of times:
Maybe our ratings and a deep March Madness run will have them coming back, after all they are essentially a basketball conference now. If I wanted to expand and reach a new lucrative market I know who I'm picking
Let's not forget the fact that UConn is 4th highest nationally for basketball revenue now, even ahead of Kansas, Kentucky, IU, and Louisville

Reaction Score

Let's not forget the fact that UConn is 4th highest nationally for basketball revenue now, even ahead of Kansas, Kentucky, IU, and Louisville
They don't care about that. They've never cared about it. They never will. How long have you been following this? A week?

Reaction Score
They don't care about that. They've never cared about it. They never will. How long have you been following this? A week?
That's what got us consideration from them last summer and we nearly squeaked into the B12. Is it really to crazy to expect that an even better season would get their attention again? I don't think so

Reaction Score
Some of them do. Maybe okay state and TTU don’t.

Reaction Score

Who are the top 3? Is there a ranking list somewhere online? I'd be curious to see it.

Reaction Score
Some of them do. Maybe okay state and TTU don’t.
Exactly like they obviously did care, we were going to be added

Now we've gotten even more views, attention, and revenue from last year but I'm crazy for thinking it's worth something?

Reaction Score
Every move in realignment has been about making more money. It has nothing to do about what the conferences think of themselves but about how they can maximize their revenue. It comes down to a simple question:

Does having UConn basketball in your conference will make you more money than not having them?

The answer is clearly yes
really? The Big 12 didn't think so

UConn basketball is a top 10 brand in the sport. Heck it might be top 5. In a world where brands matter more than ever, burning down UConn basketball would literally be lighting money on fire.
Such an obviously large brand. I don't think you understood this clearly enough. What you think about basketball does not matter. You are not invited to their party. You will be left out. The party is the P2 and they will exclude everybody that isn't them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

So there's a timeline where something that didn't happen, happened. How interesting.

Reaction Score
So there's a timeline where something that didn't happen, happened. How interesting.
Yes, a timeline, as in an alternate reality where an event replaces another in case you've never heard of this common expression used to describe hypothetical scenarios.

In this case, Utah doesn't join and there are 17 members. With the prior agreed-upon UA-ASU-UConn plan, UConn is added as the final member and this round of expansion is over.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Such an obviously large brand. I don't think you understood this clearly enough. What you think about basketball does not matter. You are not invited to their party. You will be left out. The party is the P2 and they will exclude everybody that isn't them.
Reason we are not in the B12 is because the 4 corner schools fell into their lap, which happened to include the brand of Deion Sanders and another top 10 basketball brand.

You really think the P2 are going to exclude Kansas, Arizona and Duke from sport? If so, the one that doesn't understand this clearly is you

Reaction Score
We were never ever ever a lock.

We were plan B. And plan A was just about a virtual certainty.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 22
Reaction Score

When they add, they won’t add any G5. And if they do, it would be like Tulane/Memphis/USF.

Reaction Score
UConn isn't getting into the P2 but they are the highest-earning G5, the only one above 100M annually and about on par with Colorado, KState and NC State. We were right around BYU level as the massive G5s and they made the P5 jump. As the sole member of this group left we will likely be the last G5 making the jump for a long time

We almost got into the B12 alone with our championship run last year (and yes, we were confirmed as an approved addition before the four corner schools all became available at once). This year our viewership has skyrocketed even more and this is disregarding the fact we are on the cusp of another legendary March Madness run and all the attention that comes with. It's the perfect time considering the ACC and B12 are destabilizing and looking for members right now

UConn could be receiving a B12 or ACC invite as early as this summer, don't let Zoo or the other people here tell you otherwise
I like your line of thinking. That would be nice.

Reaction Score
When they add, they won’t add any G5. And if they do, it would be like Tulane/Memphis/USF.
I think we are above those three in the pecking order but it won't matter

Reaction Score
We were never ever ever a lock.

We were plan B. And plan A was just about a virtual certainty.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.
Nothing is a lock until the papers are signed. I don't agree that Plan A was just about a virtual certainty. We waited all year for the PAC to get their medial deal, then things fell apart quickly. UConn was under serious consideration for a long time until the PAC fell apart. The Baylor AD even came out and said that certain G5 schools could get pro-rata share. When the PAC collapsed, those schools dropped into their lap. Of course the Big 12 was going to go with P5 schools in their geographic area.

Reaction Score
Wait. UConn is in trouble on football? Holy $@!$#. How did you figure that out, because all the signs are that things are great. You must be the smartest guy on the Internet for coming up with UConn football is not in a great place. Have you had your IQ tested?
Why be personally ugly. A forum is like a bar with a group of guys chatting. Yeah, he said nothing new. But he also stated a truth. The language of conference realignment has been football.

Reaction Score
Why be personally ugly. A forum is like a bar with a group of guys chatting. Yeah, he said nothing new. But he also stated a truth. The language of conference realignment has been football.
There has been a lot of personal ugliness and bitterness on this forum lately. Let it go. This board was started 13 years ago. I've been on it the whole time. We're all frustrated, but there is no need for the nastiness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom