Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 824 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Oh yes how could I forget, the B1G has dibs on Boston College.
Yeah you're right we should join the conference that's going to be BC, Wake, Tulane, USF, Memphis, Temple, Cal, Stanford, OSU, SMU and WSU. Perfect fit. Brilliant idea.

Reaction Score
Yeah you're right we should join the conference that's going to be BC, Wake, Tulane, USF, Memphis, Temple, Cal, Stanford, OSU, SMU and WSU. Perfect fit. Brilliant idea.
If UConn is getting the actual media revenue it needs to support itself then why not? Is the argument about bad basketball? In that case, what happened to Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, VT, and NC State in your list? They aren't leaving unless it's to the B12 which is another likely destination for UConn

Also again, a BE-ACC basketball superconference is a possibility and was even brought up by the hosts during our College Gameday appearance

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You forgot Syracuse. That's OK, pretty much everyone else has too.

Reaction Score
If UConn is getting the actual media revenue it needs to support itself then why not? Is the argument about bad basketball? In that case, what happened to Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, VT, and NC State in your list? They aren't leaving unless it's to the B12 which is another likely destination for UConn

Also again, a BE-ACC basketball superconference is a possibility and was even brought up by the hosts during our College Gameday appearance
Because there won't be any revenue. At the very best you're looking at Georgia Tech, Wake, BC and Syracuse remaining and at that point the conference is dead and they'll have to redo a media deal.

CL82

Reaction Score
Because there won't be any revenue. At the very best you're looking at Georgia Tech, Wake, BC and Syracuse remaining and at that point the conference is dead and they'll have to redo a media deal.
Let's say the ACC remnants gets a miserable media distribution of $15 million per school. That would still be over three times what the big east gets currently and about double what it's likely to get in the future.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
Let's say the ACC remnants gets a miserable media distribution of $15 million per school. That would still be over three times what the big east gets currently and about double what it's likely to get in the future.

Just saying.
I don't see who is going to pay them anything north of $10m. The AAC gets $7 and the MWC gets $4

Reaction Score
The ACC isn't gonna die, it's just gonna change and adapt. Did the B12 die when Texas and OU left? No, they adapted and are fine - and those 2 brands are much bigger than FSU/Clemson and make up a much larger part of their football viewership than these two do for the ACC

Whatever revenue we get from a new ACC will still be at least 3-4x as much as the current BE deal

Reaction Score
Agreed, UConn will only support winners because that's northeast culture. But I also agree with others that the athletic department in the Hathaway era had absolutely no idea what it was doing.
Define winners?
In 6 -7 AAC seasons we won 11 games
The first few years with a 3-2 4 conference wins , not exactly a winning team we were averaging in the high 20K for attendance .
Playing in the hated AAC .
We had 1-2 conference win in the last 3 4 years , that’s not bad that’s pathetic.and attendance fell off the table.
I applaud the brave football fans that stuck with that program . Those guys are special
Even as a middle of the road but competition AAC team averaging 30k was doable . If we were competing for AAC titles you wouldn't be able to get a ticket .
To say our fans only support a winner is hyperbole, Also we have to play Marquis schools is an exaggeration . If we’re playing good exciting football the FBS opponent is irrelevant.
Nobody should have had to endure the second Randy travesty.?

Reaction Score
The ACC isn't gonna die, it's just gonna change and adapt. Did the B12 die when Texas and OU left? No, they adapted and are fine - and those 2 brands are much bigger than FSU/Clemson and make up a much larger part of their football viewership than these two do for the ACC

Whatever revenue we get from a new ACC will still be at least 3-4x as much as the current BE deal
Delusional. Why are you ignoring what happened to the PAC12?

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't see who is going to pay them anything north of $10m. The AAC gets $7 and the MWC gets $4
I view those two leagues as a floor and not a ceiling. You don't think the predicted ACC remnants have more value than the new ACC which is even more dreadful than the old one? And comparing the remnants to the mountain west conference? Puh-lease.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The PAC12 is different. Schools like Tulane, UConn, USF weren't looking for a new home. I am confident the ACC will survive.

Reaction Score
Because I'm not?

The big boys from the Pac went to the B1G and the leftovers went to the ACC. The big boys from the ACC will go to the B1G/SEC and where are the leftovers gonna go? You even stated yourself they weren't moving anywhere

Reaction Score
Because I'm not?

The big boys from the Pac went to the B1G and the leftovers went to the ACC. The big boys from the ACC will go to the B1G/SEC and where are the leftovers gonna go? You even stated yourself they weren't moving anywhere
The conference is going to be split between the B1G, SEC and Big XII. Anyone worth associating with will be gone. Why you want to pal around with a bunch of losers after their conference dies is beyond me. Can't wait for a Tuesday night 10:00PM tip vs Oregon State!

Reaction Score
Man it's a good thing some of the guys like JMick and Zoo in here aren't our ADs. The ACC or B12 commissioners could offer us an invite and these guys would probably decline on the basis that "we aren't good enough for them"

Reaction Score
The conference is going to be split between the B1G, SEC and Big XII. Anyone worth associating with will be gone. Why you want to pal around with a bunch of losers after their conference dies is beyond me. Can't wait for a Tuesday night 10:00PM tip vs Oregon State!
I said we could go to the ACC OR B12, ya know where I said we were more likely to join considering the commish is pushing for basketball and we are a blue blood on the verge of another chip

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to have some confidence in the future. I know all of us have gotten many kicks in the gut, especially if we are UConn football fans. But either the ACC, or less likely the B12, may send us an invite soon. It's not for a foreclosure sale. It's to be a member at one of the top conferences in the nation.

Reaction Score
I said we could go to the ACC OR B12, ya know where I said we were more likely to join considering the commish is pushing for basketball and we are a blue blood on the verge of another chip
Ok at this point you have to be a troll

Reaction Score
Ok at this point you have to be a troll
I've been advocating for the B12 for multiple pages at this point and UConn is definitely closer to joining it than the ACC

I only talked about the ACC because either would be a good landing spot and I've been trying to justify it, although I still prefer the B12

Reaction Score
I've been advocating for the B12 for multiple pages at this point and UConn is definitely closer to joining it than the ACC

I only talked about the ACC because either would be a good landing spot and I've been trying to justify it, although I still prefer the B12
Buddy, the Big XII had their chance to take us and didn't. It was all very public

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would take the ACC flotsam in most scenarios. Yes, there is risk. No need to hammer me with that risk- I get it.

Needs to be backed by an iron clad contract though! Oh wait….

Reaction Score
Needs to be backed by an iron clad contract though! Oh wait….
That's the problem. If one gets out they can all get out and then there's nothing preventing a total collapse. It's why you can't do it unless there's some new legal way to bind everyone together

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom