Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 823 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
As the saying goes- you are only as strong as your weakest link. Looks the ACC is collapsing due to internal strife from certain schools.
Interesting that BC, Syracuse are radio silent right now
BC and Cuse are like WSU and OSU although Cuse will likely be taken care of because of media connections.

Reaction Score
Wow, strong words by the UNC Trustee.

I don't think UConn is getting into the Power 2+1. Each had their chances and passed. Heck, I still wouldn't be surprised if the ACC somehow passes and goes with all crap south schools. But, I do think chances are there could be a decent conference left over with the ACC departures. It would be made up of some familiar faces.

But, if I'm UConn I might be playing hardball. We shouldn't beg to join the ACC scrubs (or bottom tier as UNC Board of Trustees member characterized them). The leftovers will make a lot of money on the departures. It's temporary money, but I'd want a share (or know that the majority is being used to improve the conference, not just line the pockets of the leftover schools) and I'd want them to buy UConn out of the Big East.

You screwed us. We begged and you still said no. Now eat your crow.
UConn isn't getting into the P2 but they are the highest-earning G5, the only one above 100M annually and about on par with Colorado, KState and NC State. We were right around BYU level as the massive G5s and they made the P5 jump. As the sole member of this group left we will likely be the last G5 making the jump for a long time

We almost got into the B12 alone with our championship run last year (and yes, we were confirmed as an approved addition before the four corner schools all became available at once). This year our viewership has skyrocketed even more and this is disregarding the fact we are on the cusp of another legendary March Madness run and all the attention that comes with. It's the perfect time considering the ACC and B12 are destabilizing and looking for members right now

UConn could be receiving a B12 or ACC invite as early as this summer, don't let Zoo or the other people here tell you otherwise

Reaction Score
If you read the Clemson filing, they have been focused on leaving the ACC since early 2023 and wanted to negotiate their exit without a lawsuit.

Orc

Reaction Score
Joining the ACC at this point in time would be the dumbest decision ever
The Worst idea. The good basketball programs will eventually get a seat somewhere and were stuck playing tulane, usf, memphis,bc, wake, etc gross

Reaction Score
The ACC will just do the same thing the B12 did to stabilize, just add schools

UConn, OSU, Wazzu, USF, Tulane, etc

But I could also see the B12 going for us l, so it depends on who approaches first

Reaction Score
Yes, and? They'll do it just the same because they think its theirs.

edit: they don't care about killing the golden goose because they think they are the golden goose.
Every move in realignment has been about making more money. It has nothing to do about what the conferences think of themselves but about how they can maximize their revenue. It comes down to a simple question:

Does having UConn basketball in your conference will make you more money than not having them?

The answer is clearly yes

Reaction Score
If it provides more money and CFP payout? UConn needs the cash for so many reasons including paying the BB coaching staff.

Reaction Score
The ACC will just do the same thing the B12 did to stabilize, just add schools

UConn, OSU, Wazzu, USF, Tulane, etc

But I could also see the B12 going for us l, so it depends on who approaches first
Who exactly do you think is going to be left in the ACC? Are you people this clueless? It's PAC-2 all over again

Reaction Score
If it provides more money and CFP payout? UConn needs the cash for so many reasons including paying the BB coaching staff.
Why would it provide more money? The conference isn't going to exist in a few years

Reaction Score
Does having UConn basketball in your conference will make you more money than not having them?

The answer is clearly yes
Its not quite that simple... it's do they make you more many than you'd have to pay out for them. If UConn had taken a reduced deal maybe they would be in the Big XII, but that wasn't in vogue yet.. heck the Big XII was desperate enough that they negotiated differences into some of the Pac-12 additions deals. Utah was excluded from the provision that would've bound them to the conference for 99 years and Colorado got a signing bonus.

Reaction Score
UConn isn't getting into the P2 but they are the highest-earning G5, the only one above 100M annually and about on par with Colorado, KState and NC State. We were right around BYU level as the massive G5s and they made the P5 jump. As the sole member of this group left we will likely be the last G5 making the jump for a long time

We almost got into the B12 alone with our championship run last year (and yes, we were confirmed as an approved addition before the four corner schools all became available at once). This year our viewership has skyrocketed even more and this is disregarding the fact we are on the cusp of another legendary March Madness run and all the attention that comes with. It's the perfect time considering the ACC and B12 are destabilizing and looking for members right now

UConn could be receiving a B12 or ACC invite as early as this summer, don't let Zoo or the other people here tell you otherwise
I can’t remember his name but we used to have a poster who was insistent there was gonna be a bidding war between the Big and ACC over us. Maybe you changed your name

Reaction Score
I can’t remember his name but we used to have a poster who was insistent there was gonna be a bidding war between the Big and ACC over us. Maybe you changed your name
That's not me but I am confident UConn will receive a bid from someone. College athletics have changed so much over the course of the past few years. The B12 and ACC are de-emphasizing football as they can't compete with the P2 and there's only so many brands left they can acquire to protect themselves

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who exactly do you think is going to be left in the ACC? Are you people this clueless? It's PAC-2 all over again
The only guys likely leaving the ACC are UNC, UVA, FSU, and maybe Clemson. There's still a lot of big brands left, including our old rivals. I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Big East-ACC basketball merger one day to counteract the B12 basketball dominance

Reaction Score
Why would it provide more money? The conference isn't going to exist in a few years

LOL. Don’t even try with these people.

When it all falls apart, CalFord will probably link up with the PAC-2 and maybe they raid the MWC. Or join the MWC.

People here are torturing themselves needlessly.

Reaction Score
The only guys likely leaving the ACC are UNC, UVA, FSU, and maybe Clemson. There's still a lot of big brands left, including our old rivals. I also wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Big East-ACC basketball merger one day to counteract the B12 basketball dominance
Yeah ok. Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Reaction Score

You have to have a conference to get more money.

Whatever is left will get a temporary PAC 2 type deal.

Reaction Score

Butch

Reaction Score
Its not quite that simple... it's do they make you more many than you'd have to pay out for them. If UConn had taken a reduced deal maybe they would be in the Big XII, but that wasn't in vogue yet.. heck the Big XII was desperate enough that they negotiated differences into some of the Pac-12 additions deals. Utah was excluded from the provision that would've bound them to the conference for 99 years and Colorado got a signing bonus.

The only way we should accept a reduced deal is if football is involved.

Reaction Score

We don’t even know what the ACC would be. These people don’t want to look before they leap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom