Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 822 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

Ouch!

Wow

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Reaction Score
lol. It won’t be happening for us. The ACC will be like the PAC 12. Not much left to join when the dust settles.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are we close to the moment when those that cannot leave agree to offer a divorce settlement?

Even if they agree they can exit, it still remains to be seen if Fox or others will actually fund another B1G expansion. Same with financially stressed ESPN and the SEC.

Reaction Score
lol. It won’t be happening for us. The ACC will be like the PAC 12. Not much left to join when the dust settles.
Zoo: I am not so sure. There are a limited number of openings in the other conferences. PAC 12 was different.

Reaction Score
Are we close to the moment when those that cannot leave agree to offer a divorce settlement?

Even if they agree they can exit, it still remains to be seen if Fox or others will actually fund another B1G expansion. Same with financially stressed ESPN and the SEC.
How much bigger can the B1G get? I don't know the answer, but there has to be a limit.

The B1G is already committed to 18 teams. There are only so many hours in a weekend. Right now you are looking at weekends where there will be 9 B1G games, some games will have to be played concurrently (unless they want to play weekday nights, or Sundays).

Reaction Score
Wow, strong words by the UNC Trustee.

I don't think UConn is getting into the Power 2+1. Each had their chances and passed. Heck, I still wouldn't be surprised if the ACC somehow passes and goes with all crap south schools. But, I do think chances are there could be a decent conference left over with the ACC departures. It would be made up of some familiar faces.

But, if I'm UConn I might be playing hardball. We shouldn't beg to join the ACC scrubs (or bottom tier as UNC Board of Trustees member characterized them). The leftovers will make a lot of money on the departures. It's temporary money, but I'd want a share (or know that the majority is being used to improve the conference, not just line the pockets of the leftover schools) and I'd want them to buy UConn out of the Big East.

You screwed us. We begged and you still said no. Now eat your crow.

Reaction Score
Wow, strong words by the UNC Trustee.

I don't think UConn is getting into the Power 2+1. Each had their chances and passed. Heck, I still wouldn't be surprised if the ACC somehow passes and goes with all crap south schools. But, I do think chances are there could be a decent conference left over with the ACC departures. It would be made up of some familiar faces.

But, if I'm UConn I might be playing hardball. We shouldn't beg to join the ACC scrubs (or bottom tier as UNC Board of Trustees member characterized them). The leftovers will make a lot of money on the departures. It's temporary money, but I'd want a share (or know that the majority is being used to improve the conference, not just line the pockets of the leftover schools) and I'd want them to buy UConn out of the Big East.

You screwed us. We begged and you still said no. Now eat your crow.
If UConn football ends up at the tier just below the Power 2+1 that's fine with me as long as the basketball programs are in a good place.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How much bigger can the B1G get? I don't know the answer, but there has to be a limit.

The B1G is already committed to 18 teams. There are only so many hours in a weekend. Right now you are looking at weekends where there will be 9 B1G games, some games will have to be played concurrently (unless they want to play weekday nights, or Sundays).
I don’t know the answer either. They have their spreadsheets. I think they would prefer to operate with the current set of schools for 3 to 5 years to see how it’s working before they expand again.

Reaction Score
As the saying goes- you are only as strong as your weakest link. Looks the ACC is collapsing due to internal strife from certain schools.
Interesting that BC, Syracuse are radio silent right now

Reaction Score
Getting screwed? We are in a great place.. the big east tournament is special.. our men’s basketball team is so good..(we might be bad for college basketball)
luna: just look at what the big east pays its members compared to the acc. uconn is also running a huge deficit in athletics.

Reaction Score
Zoo: I am not so sure. There are a limited number of openings in the other conferences. PAC 12 was different.

They aren’t as limited as you think. And what will be left isn’t that great.

But you keep on building that ship. They will happily burn it for you.

Reaction Score

No.

Reaction Score
Getting screwed? We are in a great place.. the big east tournament is special.. our men’s basketball team is so good..(we might be bad for college basketball)
COPIUM.

Basketball is not special. Basketball WILL be burned down for the greater glory of the larger schools. Enjoy your last wild ride in the old era.

Why? Because they already told you they are going to do it, you just aren't listening.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
great, now do football

Wait. UConn is in trouble on football? Holy $@!$#. How did you figure that out, because all the signs are that things are great. You must be the smartest guy on the Internet for coming up with UConn football is not in a great place. Have you had your IQ tested?

Reaction Score
I didn't mean that it is happening for us. I meant that it is happening for them.

Reaction Score
COPIUM.

Basketball is not special. Basketball WILL be burned down for the greater glory of the larger schools. Enjoy your last wild ride in the old era.

Why? Because they already told you they are going to do it, you just aren't listening.
UConn basketball is a top 10 brand in the sport. Heck it might be top 5. In a world where brands matter more than ever, burning down UConn basketball would literally be lighting money on fire.

Reaction Score
Wait. UConn is in trouble on football? Holy $@!$#. How did you figure that out, because all the signs are that things are great. You must be the smartest guy on the Internet for coming up with UConn football is not in a great place. Have you had your IQ tested?
In an effort to appear clever, Nelson purposefully misses the point. Go back to your daydreams of UConn's athletic department turning into Georgetown's.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball is a top 10 brand in the sport. Heck it might be top 5. In a world where brands matter more than ever, burning down UConn basketball would literally be lighting money on fire.
Yes, and? They'll do it just the same because they think its theirs.

edit: they don't care about killing the golden goose because they think they are the golden goose.

Reaction Score
They aren’t as limited as you think. And what will be left isn’t that great.

But you keep on building that ship. They will happily burn it for you.
In recent years, the B10 and SEC added two teams at the same time. Not more. The two were linked as rivals or geographically. The B12 has a different approach but they are getting pretty full. So I can see six or so schools in the ACC finding a spot in another conference. Others will likely to have wait if they want out. One thing the ACC might want to do is get rid of Louisville (perfect for B12) and not take Memphis (also possible for B12). Both these schools are poor academically and if the stronger academic schools in the ACC (Duke, Cal, UVA, GTech, Stanford, ND) want a conference that respects academics, these two universities could detract from that. UConn is solid on academics with room for improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom