Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 819 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they lost our number.
I don't understand why everyone here is so quick to put UConn down. We are the reigning national champions, currently 4th highest school in basketball revenue (ahead of even UK, IU, Kansas, and everyone's seemingly favorite B12 candidate Louisville). We are in a state with a large population density where everyone is about an hour from the capital where UConn plays, it's a golden market (and even more so when you consider UConn is big enough to do this in NYC)

Why is the idea that we would get a call from Yormark so unappealing to everyone here? Yes we've been ignored in the past but college athletics have changed more in the past 3 years than they ever have. The B12 is not gonna remain relevant in Football, Basketball is their new destiny

And hey whaddya know, we are the overall #1 seed and poised for a repeat. The cherry on top of the UConn sundae.

You guys need to have more faith in this school, a lot more

Reaction Score
B12 is better than a neutered ACC

Basketball is the survival path for the B12 and as a blue blood with tons of media attention all season long and a large market it's a no brainier. It's no surprise the Iowa State AD said UConn was coming on board before the conference hit 18 and paused expansion. Yormark said UConn wasn't added because they hit that 18 team scenario, he didn't lie about it like he when he visited Memphis and pretended he never did
I think the Big 10 and SEC each going beyond 20 members would greatly improve the odds that UConn makes it into the Big 12, which certainly appears like it will be the 3rd major conference beyond the P2. UConn as an outlier in the Northeast with poorly perceived football was a tough sell, but Yormark tried. UConn along with Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville joining WVU and Cincinnati, would basically re-create the top of the pre-split Big East. Maybe even BC would get tossed a lifeline.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 10 and SEC each going beyond 20 members would greatly improve the odds that UConn makes it into the Big 12, which certainly appears like it will be the 3rd major conference beyond the P2. UConn as an outlier in the Northeast with poorly perceived football was a tough sell, but Yormark tried. UConn along with Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville joining WVU and Cincinnati, would basically re-create the top of the pre-split Big East. Maybe even BC would get tossed a lifeline.
Football is over for the B12, viewership is decently lower than the ACC after the Texas and OU departure. Basketball is their future, and Yormark knows it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UConn received an invite this summer

Reaction Score
I don't understand why everyone here is so quick to put UConn down. We are the reigning national champions, currently 4th highest school in basketball revenue (ahead of even UK, IU, Kansas, and everyone's seemingly favorite B12 candidate Louisville). We are in a state with a large population density where everyone is about an hour from the capital where UConn plays, it's a golden market (and even more so when you consider UConn is big enough to do this in NYC)

Why is the idea that we would get a call from Yormark so unappealing to everyone here? Yes we've been ignored in the past but college athletics have changed more in the past 3 years than they ever have. The B12 is not gonna remain relevant in Football, Basketball is their new destiny

And hey whaddya know, we are the overall #1 seed and poised for a repeat. The cherry on top of the UConn sundae.

Because the only chance we had for the Big 12 was if the ACC held together.

They have other options now that the ACC is probably going be mauled or even cease to exist.

Everything worth having will go to the B1G or the SEC which is like 2-3 schools.

The leftovers will be in the Big 12 as they expand east.

Everything else is not worth having.

Reaction Score
Because the only chance we had for the Big 12 was if the ACC held together.

They have other options now that the ACC is probably going be mauled or even cease to exist.

Everything worth having will go to the B1G or the SEC which is like 2-3 schools.

The leftovers will be in the Big 12 as they expand east.

Everything else is not worth having.
None of the ACC big boys are going to the B12, absolutely none. That leaves us competing with these likely leftovers:

Pitt, Syracuse, Lousville, BC, VT, Wake, and Duke

I can see Duke and VT making the B12, but theres no way the others receive an invite before UConn. They haven't done anything in years and aren't suddenly moving the needle

Plus UConn's conference buyout will be tiny compared to the rest and not hard to stomach

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NCAA will cease to be a governing body in the next 5 years so it will be a sad day for the thousands of student athletes who play sports not BB or FB

Reaction Score
If a couple of schools that are anti UConn leave then maybe
Well clearly they did want us because as the Iowa State AD confirmed we were part of the plan before they hit 18. Yormark didn't rule UConn out, he said we just added like 5 members in two weeks and are taking a break from expanding for now. At least he didn't flat-out lie about having a visit like he did for Memphis

Reaction Score
I think Yormark actually wants Big 12 hoops to be a thing on the East Coast. If Syracuse, UConn, and Pitt along with Louisville become available, that may be a package he could sell his members on, even if they don't love the idea of UConn football being included. I don't think the ACC is going to survive so, likely or not the Big 12 is probably going to be the only potential option for UConn.
I think the ACC will survive, and with UConn's basketball program and exposure to New York City, could even thrive. Even if FSU, Clemson, Miami and Louisville leave, many of the other schools may stick it out. If for no other reason, Va. Tech and UVA may want to stay in the same conference, as may NC State and UNC. The B10 won't take Va. Tech or NC State. I doubt the SEC will either. The B12 may want to grab Oregon State and Wash State and tell many of the ACC schools no thanks. UConn is a great cultural fit for the ACC, too. It is not a great fit for the B12. We are not Texans.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC will survive, and with UConn's basketball program and exposure to New York City, could even thrive. Even if FSU, Clemson, Miami and Louisville leave, many of the other schools may stick it out. If for no other reason, Va. Tech and UVA may want to stay in the same conference, as may NC State and UNC. The B10 won't take Va. Tech or NC State. I doubt the SEC will either. The B12 may want to grab Oregon State and Wash State and tell many of the ACC schools no thanks. UConn is a great cultural fit for the ACC, too. It is not a great fit for the B12. We are not Texans.
I don’t think the ACC will survive. I think there are at least 8 members that can find P2 homes and they will. These conferences are going to 20 plus. I don’t think UConn gets invited to to the Big 12 in a vacuum. I think the Big 12 may add many former BE members as it grows to 20 plus.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the ACC will survive. I think there are at least 8 members that can find P2 homes and they will. These conferences are going to 20 plus. I don’t think UConn gets invited to to the Big 12 in a vacuum. I think the Big 12 may add many former BE members as it grows to 20 plus.
Are these football powerhouses in the B12 really going to want Big East schools without football teams? They may not be too happy with several of the ACC members either, who are mediocre at football. So far, the B12 didn't take Gonzaga. Maybe five or six schools will leave the ACC. UConn, USF, Tulane, and even San Diego State are among the colleges that can fill those spots.

Reaction Score
It is still my belief that in the future the new top level of the NCAA or whatever successor organization develops will set up as a level that you can "opt" into by meeting all requirements. One of which will be fully funding a football program + X number of other sports to the full cost of attendance level, plus some other funding requirements that will price it out of reach for the programs that they deem undesirable and probably even most schools not in power conferences already. If Liberty wants to pay and ungodly amount of money to play at that level, great for them, I mean they may not have a conference and may find it challenging to setup a schedule. They won't invite or exclude anyone, but they will simply set the bar too high for most to reach.
I used to believe this. I would love if the top division became opt in. Given the current exclusionary tactics, I have no faith it will be so in the future.

Reaction Score
Are these football powerhouses in the B12 really going to want Big East schools without football teams? They may not be too happy with several of the ACC members either, who are mediocre at football. So far, the B12 didn't take Gonzaga. Maybe five or six schools will leave the ACC. UConn, USF, Tulane, and even San Diego State are among the colleges that can fill those spots.
There are no Football powerhouses in the B12 besides the two that are leaving. The remaining schools bring in half the current ACC viewership for the lowest of the P4. The fact that Gonzaga was even considered for an invite just shows Yormark is emphasizing Basketball

And given the shift to basketball, of all those schools who is the most appealing?

Reaction Score
There are no Football powerhouses in the B12 besides the two that are leaving. The remaining schools bring in half the current ACC viewership for the lowest of the P4. The fact that Gonzaga was even considered for an invite just shows Yormark is emphasizing Basketball

And given the shift to basketball, of all those schools who is the most appealing?
How about Arizona, Oklahoma State, Utah, WV and Kansas just to name a few top football programs. Gonzaga was tossed out as an option quicker than UConn. I don't think there has been a shift to basketball in the B12. Yormark's proposal was a flop. Let's see what the ACC can offer UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn needs to work with WSU and OSU to get a football only conference going. Throw out some feelers to Delaware, Temple and UMass. If the NCAa doesn't want to sanction it, take them to court. Chances are we'd win.

Just like when we rejoined the BE, we gotta take our destiny into our hands.

No one will want this. No one. Washington State and Oregon State do not even have a conference right now and they won’t want this.

They will be their own league and with FB make more money than they are going to make in the BE.

They will make more money in the CFP payments that fall to them than we make all-in.

All of the scenarios people cook up for UConn always seem to involve other schools doing everything counter to their own best interests.

Have you followed realignment at all over the past 20 years?

Reaction Score
No one will want this. No one. Washington State and Oregon State do not even have a conference right now and they won’t want this.

They will make more money in the CFP payments that fall to them than we make all-in.

All of the scenarios people cook up for UConn always seem to involve other schools doing everything counter to their own best interests.

Have you followed realignment at all over the past 20 years?
Have you followed realignment in the past year? The B12 and ACC are dead for Football, this is our best chance yet

Reaction Score
AD Dave has been more than vocal on the FB only conferences. There's a tv deal to be had, especially considering there could be ET and West Coast windows. With the G5 automatic qualifier now at play, a fb conference would at worst have the third best odds of making it to the playoff.

Reaction Score
How about Arizona, Oklahoma State, Utah, WV and Kansas just to name a few top football programs. Gonzaga was tossed out as an option quicker than UConn. I don't think there has been a shift to basketball in the B12. Yormark's proposal was a flop. Let's see what the ACC can offer UConn.
That is not true.

Also, so much for Football powers. Some of our Basketball games get more views

Attachments

• 1000064513.png.jpg
    1000064513.png.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 55
Reaction Score
If you take out games against FSU and Clemson for the ACC and Texas and Oklahoma for the Big 12, the Big 12 football ratings are somewhat higher than for the ACC.
Clemson must've carried hard or the ACC doesn't care about Football as much as you all think
1000064515.jpg

Reaction Score
That is not true.

Also, so much for Football powers. Some of our Basketball games get more views
You have to be careful when analyzing TV data as there are many puts and takes. For example, if a team plays on the ACC Network, the games are not rated so they are not used in the averages shown on the chart. So, if you played 3 games on an ESPN network and 9 on the ACCN, your average viewers in the chart are going to be much higher because they are based on 3 games on one of the most widely distributed networks. And, what about the network? If you play on FS1, your ratings are going to be lower than if you are on FOX. And time slots? They matter as well.

Reaction Score
You have to be careful when analyzing TV data as there are many puts and takes. For example, if a team plays on the ACC Network, the games are not rated so they are not used in the averages shown on the chart. So, if you played 3 games on an ESPN network and 9 on the ACCN, your average viewers in the chart are going to be much higher because they are based on 3 games on one of the most widely distributed networks. And, what about the network? If you play on FS1, your ratings are going to be lower than if you are on FOX. And time slots? They matter as well.
The ACCN broadcast 40 games per season and there are 90 total games among 15 teams. that's about 44% of games, meaning each team will feature in about 5 games on the network. But usually, the big matchups are on ESPN

If they can't reach big viewership on main ESPN channels then I doubt the ACC Network contributes much

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kansas a top football program?? Since when?

Reaction Score
Kansas a top football program?? Since when?
That's another good point. Kansas was right on UConn FB level, maybe even worse on average for longer. Why is it ok for them to use basketball to justify their inclusion but everyone here just loses their when we do the same?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom