Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 818 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Strike what? With what?

I don’t see the appeal. Come here, throw your football program into the void, make 1/15th the money you use to make and in exchange, we will give you 500 tickets to a tournament at MSG every March.

Don’t see that getting it done.
Astonishing how many people have no idea how this whole process works given what has happened to us the last 12 years. Nobody is leaving the existing P4 for the Big East. And we will leave as soon as we can.

UConn fans are the only ones trying to find a place for all of the BE teams in the future state power structure. Everyone else in college athletics has moved on.

Reaction Score
My guess is UConn's hopes of joining the Big 12 probably depend upon on the league not being able to eventually convince some combination of Georgia Tech, NC State, VPI&SU, Pitt and/or Louisville to join.

Regardless, I tend to believe something like the below watered down/reconfigured ACC would probably prove more lucrative for UConn athletics than the status quo.

-UConn, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, USF, Tulane, SMU, Stanford, Cal, Oregon State and Washington State.

Reaction Score
It is still my belief that in the future the new top level of the NCAA or whatever successor organization develops will set up as a level that you can "opt" into by meeting all requirements. One of which will be fully funding a football program + X number of other sports to the full cost of attendance level, plus some other funding requirements that will price it out of reach for the programs that they deem undesirable and probably even most schools not in power conferences already. If Liberty wants to pay and ungodly amount of money to play at that level, great for them, I mean they may not have a conference and may find it challenging to setup a schedule. They won't invite or exclude anyone, but they will simply set the bar too high for most to reach.

Reaction Score
Strike what? With what?

I don’t see the appeal. Come here, throw your football program into the void, make 1/15th the money you use to make and in exchange, we will give you 500 tickets to a tournament at MSG every March.

Don’t see that getting it done.

What other choice will they have when Clemson, UNC, FSU and a few others are gone?

Nothing. They will be the AAC.

Reaction Score
There will be much more than two schools left. UConn needs to move quickly here. Even if a half dozen schools leave, (I think the number will be less given there are only a few landing spots open for defectors) UConn's basketball dominance will help the ACC have a basketball renaissance. My bigger concern are some of these misguided UConn fans who don't care what the so-called Big East pays its members and who don't want to leave.

Ok. Which ones?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Astonishing how many people have no idea how this whole process works given what has happened to us the last 12 years. Nobody is leaving the existing P4 for the Big East. And we will leave as soon as we can.

UConn fans are the only ones trying to find a place for all of the BE teams in the future state power structure. Everyone else in college athletics has moved on.

It was never going to happen before, but now….do people really think anyone is going to voluntarily step out of the CFP revenue arrangement forever just to play basketball?

We’re in what is essentially a no-revenue conference and we’re getting 350K out of the CFP basically forever or until they decide to cut us off completely. Even if we get into a conference, we’re never getting a full share of anything.

No one wants to be us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My guess is UConn's hopes of joining the Big 12 probably depend upon on the league not being able to eventually convince some combination of Georgia Tech, NC State, VPI&SU, Pitt and/or Louisville to join.

Regardless, I tend to believe something like the below watered down/reconfigured ACC would probably prove more lucrative for UConn athletics than the status quo.

-UConn, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, USF, Tulane, SMU, Stanford, Cal, Oregon State and Washington State.

Syracuse will have no issue getting into the B12 if it comes to that.

The remainder of that conference is not worth joining.

Reaction Score

I don’t know what your point is. The Big 12 isn’t happening.

Oh and I know how it works. And it’s not like there are any people here like you on Twitter the other day telling everyone that we would be better off by still being in the AAC because the Big East is a “3 bid league”.

The reality is that the Big 12 is never ever ever ever coming for UConn.

They will take what they can from the ACC and what is left isn’t worth joining.

Therefore we are stuck. So we better look for some way to better our situation.

Reaction Score

I think UConn is up next for Big 12 expansion

Reaction Score
It seems to me like the most appealing football schools will be scooped up from the ACC by the big 12 after the big 10 and SEC take their pick of most likely 2 each. You think we will have more value than nc state? Miami? Virginia? Duke?
Best case scenario is after the ACC gets raided if they keep their 13 million in playoff money and we join a league we may actually be competitive in with some regional rivalries

Reaction Score
I think Yormark actually wants Big 12 hoops to be a thing on the East Coast. If Syracuse, UConn, and Pitt along with Louisville become available, that may be a package he could sell his members on, even if they don't love the idea of UConn football being included. I don't think the ACC is going to survive so, likely or not the Big 12 is probably going to be the only potential option for UConn.

Reaction Score
What other choice will they have when Clemson, UNC, FSU and a few others are gone?

Nothing. They will be the AAC.
They will be their own league and with FB make more money than they are going to make in the BE.

Reaction Score
I think Yormark actually wants Big 12 hoops to be a thing on the East Coast. If Syracuse, UConn, and Pitt along with Louisville become available, that may be a package he could sell his members on, even if they don't love the idea of UConn football being included. I don't think the ACC is going to survive so, likely or not the Big 12 is probably going to be the only potential option for UConn.
B12 is better than a neutered ACC

Basketball is the survival path for the B12 and as a blue blood with tons of media attention all season long and a large market it's a no brainier. It's no surprise the Iowa State AD said UConn was coming on board before the conference hit 18 and paused expansion. Yormark said UConn wasn't added because they hit that 18 team scenario, he didn't lie about it like he when he visited Memphis and pretended he never did

Reaction Score
They will be their own league and with FB make more money than they are going to make in the BE.

Without those schools they are worth about as much as what we get in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what your point is. The Big 12 isn’t happening.

Oh and I know how it works. And it’s not like there are any people here like you on Twitter the other day telling everyone that we would be better off by still being in the AAC because the Big East is a “3 bid league”.

The reality is that the Big 12 is never ever ever ever coming for UConn.

They will take what they can from the ACC and what is left isn’t worth joining.

Therefore we are stuck. So we better look for some way to better our situation.
UConn needs to work with WSU and OSU to get a football only conference going. Throw out some feelers to Delaware, Temple and UMass. If the NCAa doesn't want to sanction it, take them to court. Chances are we'd win.

Just like when we rejoined the BE, we gotta take our destiny into our hands.

Reaction Score
Ive longed for UConn to get into a big P5 conference but if you're not loving the Big East right now especially what we just did in Storrs South last week, idk if your a real UConn fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom