Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 779 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How can Miami and UNC be better programs when they haven’t had a recent top 10 finish? Attendance is about a wash. As for TV ratings, the Big 12’s championship game last year with Kansas St./TCU had almost triple the TV ratings if the ACC Championship game of Clemson/UNC. The Big 12 game was noon Saturday with no competition and the ACC game was Saturday night and went up against Big 10.
Top 10 is an arbitrary and irrelevant metric. Nobody cares about that. The time of those games tells the story, one is worthy of prime time, the other was not. TCU also drew ratings because a win put them in the playoff, and some fans were rooting against that. I like the Big XII, I grew up a Big 8 fan, but without OU and UT it is pretty weak.

Reaction Score
Top 10 is an arbitrary and irrelevant metric. Nobody cares about that. The time of those games tells the story, one is worthy of prime time, the other was not. TCU also drew ratings because a win put them in the playoff, and some fans were rooting against that. I like the Big XII, I grew up a Big 8 fan, but without OU and UT it is pretty weak.
Sagarin ratings adjusted for new additions and subtractions for the ACC and Big 12:

ACC: 73.57
Big 12: 75.88

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When a coach says he “needs more NIL” what he is basically saying is that he needs a bigger payroll.
This. The college sports we used to know is no longer, it is now basically a pro sports lite now. It is just a matter of time top teams will have the biggest payroll. NIL is just another form of compensation like payroll. It sucks for schools like UConn with our lack of revenue, but that's the new reality.

Reaction Score
This. The college sports we used to know is no longer, it is now basically a pro sports lite now. It is just a matter of time top teams will have the biggest payroll. NIL is just another form of compensation like payroll. It sucks for schools like UConn with our lack of revenue, but that's the new reality.
And it’s only going to get worse.

Currently the kids are getting paid thru the guise of NIL. Very soon they will be receiving payment directly from the schools.

The NCAA is done. We will end up with multiple “entities” that will oversee college athletics. The SEC & B1G will set the “guidelines” for whatever the new “big boy” organization will be. Everyone else will fall in line by class according to what they can afford to spend

Reaction Score
Yes- that is absolutely true but Uconn won't be in B1G 10 anytime soon. I think Uconn's best shot at getting out of football purgatory is finding a way into ACC.
There is no money being an independent and highly recruited HS players want to be on National TV on Saturday -

I think you are right. If the B1G passed on Stanford and Cal, they are passing on UConn.

The B1G will only add whoever FOX/NBC/CBS deems worthy.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. If the B1G passed on Stanford and Cal, they are passing on UConn.

I think the Big 10 passed on Stanford and Cal because the timing was not right. And, the Big 10 didn't want to take Washington and Oregon at first. LT, I think Stanford and Cal are going to the Big 10 in a western pod with USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon. In the meantime, they are in the ACC, probably until the GOR expires.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 10 passed on Stanford and Cal because the timing was not right. And, the Big 10 didn't want to take Washington and Oregon at first. LT, I think Stanford and Cal are going to the Big 10 in a western pod with USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon. In the meantime, they are in the ACC, probably until the GOR expires.
You would think that Calford made the same pitch to the B1G that they made to the ACC about coming in at a reduced rate and the B1G passed.

Why would they want to add them in the future at a full share? Having 4 Western schools is plenty to enable non-football scheduling. Adding them doesn’t bring any addition dollars

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cal and Stanford bring little. I highly doubt the BiG will be interested.
If they really want more western teams, AZ and UT would be more desirable. But I doubt the west is a big concern. The BiG has its eyes on the ACC.

Reaction Score

Our best and frankly only hope is finding a home for football immediately to hold us over til the ACC implodes and then go make a league with BC, Wake, Syracuse, and the other east coast schools that are left over.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Something for down the line, this Michigan sign stealing situation can cause them to join a new conference or start their own down the line.

Let’s just say the flagship program in the Big Ten is not happy with how they’re being treated and may be looking to pickup their money and go elsewhere because of it.

Reaction Score
Something for down the line, this Michigan sign stealing situation can cause them to join a new conference or start their own down the line.

Let’s just say the flagship program in the Big Ten is not happy with how they’re being treated and may be looking to pickup their money and go elsewhere because of it.
I’d cackle if they accepted a Notre Dame invitation to the ACC.

Reaction Score

That would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Unless they can get over $100M somewhere else it’s not happening.

They will sit in the B1G and sulk until OSU steps on their junk again and history will repeat itself.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’d cackle if they accepted a Notre Dame invitation to the ACC.
Could very well be possible.

The talk is either the current Big Ten commish is gone when the time comes to renegotiate and an uneven revenue share happens or they look towards the ACC/go independent/start super conference

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Unless they can get over $100M somewhere else it’s not happening.

They will sit in the B1G and sulk until OSU steps on their junk again and history will repeat itself.
Michigan is one of the biggest brands in cfb. Them and OSU carries the conference. Not the other way around.

The money is going to follow them wherever they go.

Reaction Score
These teams are way more valuable when in a conference and one that contains other powerful brands/TV ratings generators. Really hard to see Michigan leaving the B1G. It's not just a football decision because UM brings in tons of research dollars as part of the B1G.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom