Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 768 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we were guaranteed 4-5 football games a year as an Indy you just upped your Indy status to a step below p4 I would go BB only to the B12 or ACC . UConn has not shown the ability to cut a deal
We need to be talking about this with all of the p4 leagues. There is no future in the Big East. Thanks for saving us from the AAC but the league is not built for the long haul

Reaction Score
I assume Yomark offered us the same deal as Gonzaga.
Perhaps Benedict is trying to negotiate full membership down the road who knows.
I would think this is the case. I think big east is gonna get left behind. This isn’t gonna end well for any schools but affiliated with football programs. And, don’t for a minute think that the basketball powers need UConn basketball to be good. They don’t care.

They would just as soon never come to storrs again.

Reaction Score
I thinks going to big 12, getting a share of their hoops and non football money is good. And maybe at next contract even admission works. Perhaps a bowl tie in and a scheduling arrangement.

Things like that.

Reaction Score
I would think this is the case. I think big east is gonna get left behind. This isn’t gonna end well for any schools but affiliated with football programs. And, don’t for a minute think that the basketball powers need UConn basketball to be good. They don’t care.

They would just as soon never come to storrs again.
Big East is not getting left behind. Yormark thought basketball was a good opportunity for growth, but the Big 12 has diluted basketball by adding UCF, BYU, Arizona St., Utah, and Colorado. So, adding Gonzaga can offset some of that. That said, does anybody think Gonzaga will be Gonzaga in the Big 12? Of course not. BTW, the 4 new ads to the Big 12 currently are 1-8 in conference football games.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We need to be talking about this with all of the p4 leagues. There is no future in the Big East. Thanks for saving us from the AAC but the league is not built for the long haul
I disagree. It’s a top 2 basketball league in the country and has won a slew of national titles over the past 25 years. It’s not going anywhere, and with basketball getting more revenue expect Fox to pay more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame gets a 20% share or 8million or 2x what UConn gets in the BE
That would mean the difference between staying or going would be an additional $4 million. Better, still not great. For what it's worth, isn't the next biggest contract estimated to be worth about 8 million per school?

Reaction Score
Big East is not getting left behind. Yormark thought basketball was a good opportunity for growth, but the Big 12 has diluted basketball by adding UCF, BYU, Arizona St., Utah, and Colorado. So, adding Gonzaga can offset some of that. That said, does anybody think Gonzaga will be Gonzaga in the Big 12? Of course not. BTW, the 4 new ads to the Big 12 currently are 1-8 in conference football games.
I think you are being naive e here. This isn’t just about basketball. Big east is a niche sport conference. Like hockey east.

I don’t like the late start to big east tv contract.

Big east is great for men’s basketball, but it doesn’t really rate outside of that sport.

Big 12 is making a concerted effort to own basketball. It is the best hoops conference. They have football money behind them. Big ten,sec own the football end of things and then there is acc.

Those four leagues are consolidating money and power. They are going to expand the tournament as well.

I don’t like where this is going from a hoops standpoint. Football is lost. Smu, Stanford/cal destroyed the notion of UConn ever getting a full share of anything anywhere, ever.

I been around this a long time. UConn going to have to take the life raft and protect it’s basketball and go to the big 12, maybe get a scheduling deal for football, which considering caliber of play of UConn right now is a proper deal for time being. I am assuming if zags are on the table UConn could have a similar offer, but more complicated .

I got no inside info, not even background information guys, just a guess. Not even a donor mentioned in passing to me.

So don’t Read into it. It just feels like wind blowing and I got a feeling.

Reaction Score
I disagree. It’s a top 2 basketball league in the country and has won a slew of national titles over the past 25 years. It’s not going anywhere, and with basketball getting more revenue expect Fox to pay more.
I wish you were right. I just do not see it.

Here is thing. If UConn doesn’t jump, would St John’s, would Gtown, will Nova to an acc, big 12 looking to own hoops in a new world order?

Guys. It’s coming.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Here is thing. If UConn doesn’t jump, would St John’s, would Gtown, will Nova to an acc, big 12 looking to own hoops in a new world order?

Guys. It’s coming.
No inside info- but I happen to think after Zaga signs to the b12 the heat goes right to UConn to bring all but football and hockey to the b12.

If we don’t take it they will then go to SJU, Gtown or perhaps Nova.

Football stays independent for now. I think the only question besides dollars and cents is if football can have a narrow path to the b12 if we ever meet some performance requirements.

Hope to be wrong. Don’t think the smoke starts for us until after Zaga makes a deal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No inside info- but I happen to think after Zaga signs to the b12 the heat goes right to UConn to bring all but football and hockey to the b12.

If we don’t take it they will then go to SJU, Gtown or perhaps Nova.

Football stays independent for now. I think the only question besides dollars and cents is if football can have a narrow path to the b12 if we ever meet some performance requirements.

Hope to be wrong. Don’t think the smoke starts for us until after Zaga makes a deal.
Well reports are Zaga would get $2. So no, we wouldn't take that deal. Travel is a little worse and more expensive. But $10m + a scheduling arrangement for football (sort of like the ND deal), I think we'd take that.

Reaction Score
What if we were to win five or six football games this season? Would that change our candidacy for the ACC or B12?

Reaction Score
What if we were to win five or six football games this season? Would that change our candidacy for the ACC or B12?

Doubtful. Longterm decisions are not made on the whim of the record of a team in one particular season. This is about money. If UConn can make the Big 12 money, UConn will be in the Big 12.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Guys. It’s coming.
Look how much money basketball brings in vs. hockey and that will answer your question. Can’t go Big 12 or ACC, we’ll end up like Syracuse.

Our football team is not desirable for any conference, we’re on the best path forward right now until things change dramatically.

Reaction Score
Look how much money basketball brings in vs. hockey and that will answer your question. Can’t go Big 12 or ACC, we’ll end up like Syracuse.

Our football team is not desirable for any conference, we’re on the best path forward right now until things change dramatically.
Syracuse had a coaching problem, not a conference problem.

Reaction Score
The excitement around the big east this year…. I wouldn’t want to be in any other conference… it’s going to be crazy..and the big east tournament should be insane in New York City… 20 thousand mostly uconn fans in msg

Reaction Score
You can be included and left behind at the same time. This is how they like to rig things. With the NCAA out of the picture, the SEC and B1G are going to do their best to limit participation from smaller conferences and isolate those conferences when it comes to OOC matchups. They will put the screws to us when all that money is available to them.

They've done this in the past with football--they've made sure that their schools get first dibs on playoff berths.

Reaction Score
That would mean the difference between staying or going would be an additional $4 million. Better, still not great. For what it's worth, isn't the next biggest contract estimated to be worth about 8 million per school?
I have not seen this # anywhere but on the boneyard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have not seen this # anywhere but on the boneyard.
Does that make it any less true?

Awkward Justin Timberlake GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom