Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 767 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
This was an important season coming off a bowl game, having gotten a somewhat serious look from the Big 12. The program has gone out and laid an egg
The UConn ability to get into a power conference has taken so many hits since the optimism of even 3 months ago. We have plummeted to the worst position since the Big East was initially raided .
To Recap
Coming off a NC in BB , and an apparent somewhat revitalized football program stoked the confidence and we thought we were a hot commodity.
The advances of the Big 12 were met with indifference in many quarters of UConn nation . We preferred the ACC or even Big East and a Big Time Independent football status if not ND than it’s little brother.
(My hope was to leverage the the B12 flirtation with an ACC invite even football only at zero money if necessary with a guarantee's number of men& women BB games .)
We were not only rejected by the B12 but contrary to the brilliant BY minds the ACC expanded in defense of future inevitable raids excluding us and pretty much putting a stake through our heart
The delusion of a Indy power fell apart in the reality that success at that level required a much bigger investment in football than we were willing to make .
Finally Army shunning independence and getting a spot in the AAC moved that Indy dream even farther away
The frosting on the Cake is that optimism of a football renaissance dies with each cut of another bleak Saturday loss .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The UConn ability to get into a power conference has taken so many hits since the optimism of even 3 months ago. We have plummeted to the worst position since the Big East was initially raided .
To Recap
Coming off a NC in BB , and an apparent somewhat revitalized football program stoked the confidence and we thought we were a hot commodity.
The advances of the Big 12 were met with indifference in many quarters of UConn nation . We preferred the ACC or even Big East and a Big Time Independent football status if not ND than it’s little brother.
(My hope was to leverage the the B12 flirtation with an ACC invite even football only at zero money if necessary with a guarantee's number of men& women BB games .)
We were not only rejected by the B12 but contrary to the brilliant BY minds the ACC expanded in defense of future inevitable raids excluding us and pretty much putting a stake through our heart
The delusion of a Indy power fell apart in the reality that success at that level required a much bigger investment in football than we were willing to make .
Finally Army shunning independence and getting a spot in the AAC moved that Indy dream even farther away
The frosting on the Cake is that optimism of a football renaissance dies with each cut of another bleak Saturday loss .

I think I'll go have a drink now.

Reaction Score
I think I'll go have a drink now.
I’ve actually given up on football temporarily. Until we decide we want to be a player and back it up with a real investment it’s an albatross not an asset.
The short term goal is increasing the value of basketball. Value is leverage.and increasing that leverage is a game changer.
That’s as optimistic as I can be .

Reaction Score
To Recap

this should go on the tombstone.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

Reaction Score
gonna be honest i was totally against ever joining Big 12 for BBall only but at this point I'm very worried if we will ever be invited anywhere else. It may be the best move long term, could eventually lead to an all sports invite

Reaction Score
No they really don't. That would be the worst of all possible worlds.
No one can be watching a 1-5 UConn football team and suggest they want us. Gonzaga is the canary in the coal mine.

Reaction Score
Don’t see how basketball only helps us become a full member anywhere. You are giving up everything that conferences value from us for pennies. Once you do that you can’t sell UConn the full package anymore as adding value, you have to sell UConn football alone as adding value. Conferences aren’t gonna just do us a favor down the road

Reaction Score
Don’t see how basketball only helps us become a full member anywhere. You are giving up everything that conferences value from us for pennies. Once you do that you can’t sell UConn the full package anymore as adding value, you have to sell UConn football alone as adding value. Conferences aren’t gonna just do us a favor down the road
Apparently they don't value anything as it relates to us. First Oregon/Washington agreed to a half share for rhe duration of the B1G contract now SMU has gone in for for free. It's pretty much game, set, match. No sense getting upset over it.

Reaction Score
What a friggin joke lmfao, as if we need any more reason to believe we're blackballed by the P4
I assume Yomark offered us the same deal as Gonzaga.
Perhaps Benedict is trying to negotiate full membership down the road who knows.

Reaction Score
It is absolutely nuts to me how much people will twist themselves into a pretzel to justify UConn's exclusion, now they're not questioning an "all sports" inclusion of a school that doesn't even have football and brings $0.00 from the sport while UConn's "downside" is their football. At least we have it and can bring money at all from it it's so infuriating at this point

Reaction Score
The problem for UConn is not getting enough TV revenue from the BE for what it brings in both men's and women's bball. If UConn could get value, it wouldn't need to look elsewhere, at least for the time being. This is why the prospect of non-football sports to the ACC might be a consideration (no matter what anyone says, a basketball ACC package would dwarf the B12 package, and that goes even if FSU, Clemson and Miami leave, though UNC leaving is another thing).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The problem for UConn is not getting enough TV revenue from the BE for what it brings in both men's and women's bball. If UConn could get value, it wouldn't need to look elsewhere, at least for the time being. This is why the prospect of non-football sports to the ACC might be a consideration (no matter what anyone says, a basketball ACC package would dwarf the B12 package, and that goes even if FSU, Clemson and Miami leave, though UNC leaving is another thing).
What does Notre Dame currently get a non-football member? I don't think it's radically different from the Big East number.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not an uninteresting thought. Basketball only now and hop to full when the others dip??

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What does Notre Dame currently get a non-football member? I don't think it's radically different from the Big East number.
Notre Dame gets a 20% share or 8million or 2x what UConn gets in the BE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom