Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 765 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not necessarily the ACC but the ACC money. This is a money game after all. If the ACC is making more than $31.6m in 2031 (and again, that is about what the ACC made in 2022), it’s anyone’s guess what that could mean even if the GOR fails.
Do you see the GOR "failing"? After a whole lot of saber rattling FSU appears to have chosen to sulk silently. If they thought they had a winning hand, they wouldn't have folded.

Reaction Score
Do you see the GOR "failing"? After a whole lot of saber rattling FSU appears to have chosen to sulk silently. If they thought they had a winning hand, they wouldn't have folded.
I don’t see it failing. I thought there was a glimmer with Texas/OU getting out. But it sounds like they are not really getting out early at all. Their “$80m payment” is for their exit fee, and they will have no primary media coverage next year under the SEC contract and the Big XII will instead keep the money.

Reaction Score
ESPN The World Wide leader in sport
Has left a path of carnage in it wake .
Destroyed the SW conference
The BiG East
PAC 12
For an institution that allegedly is pro sports it seems the short term maximization of profit is their only objective.because in the long term they end up spending more money on the same product reshuffled .
It’s neither the viewer or the schools who provide the product that benefits from their intrigue.
What did ESPN have to do with the SWC?

My understanding was that the SEC left the old College Football Association (which negotiated TV rights) and signed their own mega deal with CBS. That left each conference on its own, in a race for $$. An 8 team conference of TX schools had no chance after that.

Reaction Score
Is this an ACC board or a UConn board?

Jeez...gatekeeper...football is all interrelated....UConn football doesn't exisr in a complete vacuum...don't like a post, scroll on by..

Particularly on the Conference Realignment board.

If you want only UConn mentioned, I'd skip a Conferenc Realignment board

Reaction Score
The clemson tweet is traced back to a guy with 8000 followers that everyone says is a liar.
No, it's traced back - at least in part - to this article today in the Post and Courier, a paper of record from SC. https://archive.ph/5JYPA

The article does not explicitly say they will announce a leave in October 2023, but it heavily indicates Clemson leaving is a strong possibility in this calendar year. This, coming from an actual newspaper and not some mope on Twitter, indicates there is smoke here.

Reaction Score

This is a tweet that seems to have caused the most stir on the Carolina message board. I’d still like to know the how to all this if it’s real.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
God I hope this happens. Let it all burn.
And it could not have have happened to a more deserving conference, but we're getting ahead of ourselves. I want the see the first public declaration of someone actually leaving, then I'll watch with keen excitement.

Reaction Score

The umpteenth reminder that people behave strategically.

Why would this "leak"? Every other realignment move has not been announced until the day of it happened or the school was in final discussions with the new league. Ie, it always secret.

Things that are public and talked about for weeks (eg, UConn to the Big12) are just posturing to get a reaction.

Reaction Score

(Shortcut if needed)

->“I know Army had a bad experience in Conference USA, but times have changed,” Gladchuk said. “Conferences have automatic bowl affiliations. Conferences have great television exposure. Conferences have revenue sharing, which is very significant. Conferences have legislative involvement with a national voice, which is critically important. Conferences have an opportunity to compete at the College Football Playoff level. Gladchuk believes Buddie and Lieutenant Steven W. Gilland, the Army superintendent, are performing their due diligence and engaging stakeholders about conference membership. Army coach Jeff Monken recently acknowledged that continuing to play football as an independent in the current atmosphere of the Football Bowl Subdivision may be untenable going forward. <-

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The umpteenth reminder that people behave strategically.

Why would this "leak"? Every other realignment move has not been announced until the day of it happened or the school was in final discussions with the new league. Ie, it always secret.

Things that are public and talked about for weeks (eg, UConn to the Big12) are just posturing to get a reaction.

Greg Flugaur has called all of the moves several months in advance. Anyone following him since 4 months before USC joined the B1G has had all the details on what was playing out ahead of time.

His shows the past two nights regarding Clemson have been very interesting to watch on YouTube.

Reaction Score

Big news if Clemson found a GOR loophole.
This isn’t Suits. They didn’t find a loophole.

there is only one way out of this — pay cash. Money is what they will pay.

Reaction Score
Flugaur has a source in the B10. Is that where he is hearing Clemson is heading?

And the starting point is $360m. They can negotiate the $120m exit fee, but not even Texas got out of the GOR.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur has called all of the moves several months in advance. Anyone following him since 4 months before USC joined the B1G has had all the details on what was playing out ahead of time.

His shows the past two nights regarding Clemson have been very interesting to watch on YouTube.
1) And has he called any moves that havent happened?
2) Even if he did correctly predict, it doesnt negate my point -- neither the leagues nor the schools have been out in public talking about a change.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Any summary?

For what it's worth, I can't watch the Flugs videos. I loathe having him read other peoples articles to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom