Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 743 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
They don’t release that if they think the deal is going to fail. They are trying to box in the chancellor. Could all be moot if State has already flipped.

Reaction Score
Wait until they join the B1G and start flying their “student” athletes to Seattle
You can get a direct flight from Raleigh to Seattle via Alaskan 5 hrs . piece of cake . Getting into spots not serviced directly is the adventure .
Even nearby Penn State unless your chartering is notorious. American has the quickest 3 + hours with 50 min to change planes Phil ,that may be fine for kids but unless the gates are close I couldn’t do it . . If your planes late you’re screwed and probably have to bus because there is only one a day .. Even if you make it there is a good chance your luggage won’t .All air travel is not created equal
When I returned to Az last December i flew direct from JFK .I watched the UConn Cincinnati game then Creighton in the night cap and I was home and I’m older than dirt .
These Bigger planes have WiFi .TV ,movies These kids won’t believe they’re there already . Its those small airports serviced by prop aircraft or 100 plus miles bus trips that take the fun out of it .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They don’t release that if they think the deal is going to fail. They are trying to box in the chancellor. Could all be moot if State has already flipped.
To me it sounds like they are demanding more money for a yes vote. Therein lies the inherent problem with unequal distributions. They create divisiveness as everybody scrambles to get the biggest piece of the pie.

Reaction Score
If the ACC goes ahead with expansion, it will blow up in their face. SMU offering to come for free in order to pay Clemson and FSU more money is the defintion of a Ponzi Scheme. Its illegal and I am certain it will call for major scrutiny. In other walks of life, people go to jail for this behavior.

Reaction Score
If the ACC goes ahead with expansion, it will blow up in their face. SMU offering to come for free in order to pay Clemson and FSU more money is the defintion of a Ponzi Scheme. It’s illegal and I am certain it will call for major scrutiny. In other walks of life, people go to jail for this behavior.

Sounds similar to the college admissions scandal.

Reaction Score
To me it sounds like they are demanding more money for a yes vote. Therein lies the inherent problem with unequal distributions. They create divisiveness as everybody scrambles to get the biggest piece of the pie.
It's what unhealthy conferences have in common. One or more schools demanding a bigger share of the pie. In essence wanting screw a fellow conference mate(s).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the ACC goes ahead with expansion, it will blow up in their face. SMU offering to come for free in order to pay Clemson and FSU more money is the defintion of a Ponzi Scheme. Its illegal and I am certain it will call for major scrutiny. In other walks of life, people go to jail for this behavior.

I am not sure. Every conference is going to go to unequal revenue splits once streaming starts, and the incentives to lock schools out will drop quite a bit when that happens.

The revenue splits for Stanford, Cal and SMU are not necessarily illegal by themselves, but they are evidence of an illegal cartel in restraint of trade. The P4 have an anti-trust problem.

Reaction Score
I think they have analyzed the situation and they have come to a logical conclusion. If adding the schools added $15 million per ACC school, I think UNC would vote yes. The economics of adding the 3 is not great as schools would get a few more million per year initially, but ultimately the 3 expansion candidates will get full shares. And, travel for UNC would increase and be more costly. Right now, the 2 longest flights UNC athletes have to take are slightly over 2 hours to Boston and Miami. San Francisco is over 6 hours from Raleigh (less on the way back) and Dallas is over 3 hours. And, there are only 2 direct flights per day between Raleigh and San Francisco.

Orc

Reaction Score
“But we’ll be in the ACC for sure!”
There will be in invite for sure FINALLY once half of their schools leave. By then they’ll invite also have ECU, Temple, USF, Memphis,FAU, Tulsa to backfill. NO Thanks. Dont want to reunite with those AAC dregs

CL82

Reaction Score
Conference realignment really could not have gone any worse for us. This is crazy.
Well, to paraphrase major league, I guess the only thing left for us to do is win the whole eph.ing thing... again.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely insane to be honest. Should have been in with Syracuse.
They're adding one of the worst athletic department in the country when it comes to major sports, they dont care about sports at all, and they're getting an invite because.... they feel bad? Seriously it seems like Cal is getting a spot because people feel bad. It's so weird.

CL82

Reaction Score
They're adding one of the worst athletic department in the country when it comes to major sports, they dont care about sports at all, and they're getting an invite because.... they feel bad? Seriously it seems like Cal is getting a spot because people feel bad. It's so weird.
That's the excuse. The reason is they were both willing to take $.30 on the dollar which freed up $.70 on the dollar to be distributed elsewhere. SMU took nothing leaving their full distribution shared to be distributed elsewhere.

This was a money grab. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's nothing particularly noble about it either.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We need to offer a deal close to SMU. We aren't getting much from TV now anyway, and the ACC at 17 football schools is a weird number.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We need to offer a deal close to SMU. We aren't getting much from TV now anyway, and the ACC at 17 football schools is a weird number.
Logic dictates that we are definitely playing that card and this fall is our audition. Can we change any ACC minds- IDK - doesn't look great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom