Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 697 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
It depends where you live too. In much of rural America, high-speed internet is not an option yet. They either have spotty connection, slow connection, or no connection at all. Same with cell phones. Despite what those maps show on advertising for cell services, there are many rural places that do not currently have an option for cell service at home because there are no towers near their home. They use their cell phones when they are away from home (work, shopping, etc.). This lack of infrastructure in rural areas will have to be addressed before traditional cable boxes (and analog phone lines) can truly be eliminated.

So you have people who can't even use google.com making trillion dollar decision on college athletics,

Reaction Score
Yes we know why.

How is the question. But he controls part of the equation with how the team performs.
They need to get him more money to retain assistants. He doesn't seem to need P5 money for himself, but his assistants haven't made the money he has and will leave for better paying jobs. If they have success like we think they will , they need to get him resources.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
They need to get him more money to retain assistants. He doesn't seem to need P5 money for himself, but his assistants haven't made the money he has and will leave for better paying jobs. If they have success like we think they will , they need to get him resources.
Amen to that

Some podcast I was listening to was saying "if they join the Big 12, they can't just pocket that money - they'll have to spend it on assistant football coaches" as if it were a bad thing. Good grief

Reaction Score
Amen to that

Some podcast I was listening to was saying "if they join the Big 12, they can't just pocket that money - they'll have to spend it on assistant football coaches" as if it were a bad thing. Good grief
Yep. I think i heard that too. They would never say that about BB, but spend on FB? How dare them.

Reaction Score
The Big12 is going to be insufferable. At least we know it will implode in ‘31.
They will get a crappy media deal next time around, but the thing they have going for them is that the B1G and SEC will not want any of the schools in that conference so there is no risk of anyone leaving.

Reaction Score
They will get a crappy media deal next time around, but the thing they have going for them is that the B1G and SEC will not want any of the schools in that conference so there is no risk of anyone leaving.
They got a better deal without OU and Texas or at least more $. They landed themselves a shrewd commissioner. Kudos to them.

Reaction Score
What makes you think one day SEC wake up and decide that they want the state of Arizona?

Reaction Score
They got a better deal without OU and Texas or at least more $. They landed themselves a shrewd commissioner. Kudos to them.
I refuse to believe they get a good deal next time around. Who the hell is going to watch that conference for football other than the fans of those schools? It won't be a national conference by any means. Would you rather watch TCU vs. Ok state or Oregon vs. Michigan? Utah vs. UCF or LSU vs. Georgia? The B1G and SEC are stacked with elite programs and that's who people are going to watch.

Reaction Score
What makes you think one day SEC wake up and decide that they want the state of Arizona?
SEC only takes elite football programs, or at the very least "good" ones. They will likely end up with FSU+Clemson and will probably stop adding after that anyway.

Edit: I could MAYBE see them adding Oklahoma State and/or TCU in the future if they start to dominate the Big 12 going forward.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting work.

My two cents (as someone who knows zero about the media biz) is that the business of running the production, promotion and sales of a network is too outside the wheelhouse of a university for it to be worthwhile. Plus there are questions such as whether it would be a viable model when people don’t want to have to cobble together subscriptions. That said, the world is moving in that direction (how many subscriptions do you own now versus 10 years ago?)

I nominate you to get this going and include a weekly Boneyard panel to debate the issues (added value)

Reaction Score
Welp - SDST will have a rocky relationship with the MW for a long time to come after failing to lead breakaway of sorts.

Of course SDSU would be the one to lead this. They aren't making any friends, that's for sure! Between SDSU causing trouble in the MW, Arizona State and Utah looking down at the Big 12, and FSU more or less with the finger on the trigger to leave the ACC, there is lots of public drama going on in college sports!

Reaction Score
I like Mora better each time he speaks. He's got it figured out. Great to see the Guv showed up today. He's got it figured out too.

Now if we can just get a suitable conference to get it figured out...

Mora > Big Bird> Edsall/Diaco/P

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom