Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 681 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
They were rumored to offer before Oregon and Washington bolted. I'm talking about after that happened. The B12 was going to offer a reduced amount because FOX was only going to give 5 mil. FOX reconsidered and offered the full 12 mil. What happened to change their minds?
Well the ACC started looking rosier when the decision went from "Should we stay in the PAC12 or move to ACC?" to "oh no, there is no PAC12.. we need to go to either the ACC or the BigXII, whose got more money?"

GG

Reaction Score
As I stated above, I do not believe it will happen at all because I do not believe the big 12 presidents share that vision. But do I believe that teams would have a conversation and consider leaving if they thought their future was in jeopardy? Yes, I do. At the minimum, they have to at least explore and see if it’s a viable option. It’s OK to not like it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a possibility. It’s also fine to not believe it, but change is coming and all teams are afraid of being left behind. I long for the old days of conferences based on geography and common values, but that is long gone and unlikely to ever return. This information is coming from someone who has been spot on. You can ignore it if you prefer. I get it. Sometimes I prefer to ignore it.

GG

Reaction Score
That Mhver dude is talking ACC teams, and that's not happening anytime soon. Only west teams I know that have been vetted are Stanford and Oregon State. The Big 12 wouldn't take both, already too heavy in the west.
That makes sense to me, but I never thought they would take four the last time around. I understand what you’re saying, they were looking to basically eliminate the Pac 12. I am still concerned. I guess I will be until something positive happens unfortunately.

Reaction Score
That Mhver dude is talking ACC teams, and that's not happening anytime soon. Only west teams I know that have been vetted are Stanford and Oregon State. The Big 12 wouldn't take both, already too heavy in the west.
Hard too pass up Stanford.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, the obvious choice is to take Stanford. However, I am highly doubtful Stanford will stay in the B12 long term due to culture fit and academics.

Oregon State, while not ideal, would love the B12. It will get the B12 into another state in Oregon although it will be the second state school. The smart choice would be to take Oregon State or another team on the East. There isn't another logical choice in the East unless B12 values USF and Tampa.

So it will be most likely UConn and Oregon State? Will the media companies like Fox step up to pay for this?

Nothing is done until we got an invite in hand. UConn has been let down way too many times already. Hopefully, we will get an answer soon vs. months of speculating.

Reaction Score
If one of the new commits a la Cole Welliver posts another tweet with a #BigXII that would give me more confidence than anything that we're still in play.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral on adding USF. However, you can't say this isn't a possibility when the BigXII just added 2 schools from Arizona, 2 from Utah and another from Texas. Florida is the 3rd most populous state. This would also be a chess move ahead in the scenario that FSU leaves the ACC.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral on adding USF. However, you can't say this isn't a possibility when the BigXII just added 2 schools from Arizona, 2 from Utah and another from Texas. Florida is the 3rd most populous state. This would also be a chess move ahead in the scenario that FSU leaves the ACC.
There is no way UCF can deliver Florida. USF brings another market and also that Florida recruiting. USF also has way more upside than Oregon State.

Hopefully common sense will prevail.

Reaction Score
A few days after Coles verbal he sent a tweet with a #BigXII. Has Dominic posted a tweet with that hashtag?
Nope. We don't know that he was told. Imagine if you are a recruit, and you picked UConn over all those schools. Most people would go WTF? In basketball, we are used to getting 4 stars and 5 stars recruits, but it's a surprise in football.

Reaction Score
Because UConn would have accepted pronto!
If we had a B12 offer in the table, we would be very dumb accepting that knowing the landscape plus the fact FSU and others will leave the ACC the first chance they get.

Reaction Score
If we had a B12 offer in the table, we would be very dumb accepting that knowing the landscape plus the fact FSU and others will leave the ACC the first chance they get.
By the time they leave the Big 12 contract would be up for renewal. You are kidding yourself if you think UConn would hold out for the Big 12 if the ACC offered. We are now looking at 5-10 more years of wandering the desert looking for a home.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Stanford and UConn would be a nice add. USF and UConn also could make sense if the focus is eastward expansion. It's probably too early to pull any ACC teams away, but if that were possible somehow, pulling Duke, NC State, Pittsburgh, or Georgia Tech would be fun.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Oh for Petes sake. You’re not here for a debate. You started in this post with telling me I lost my mind, I called you on being WAY out of your lane, and you called me an idiot.

Wipe your feet when you come in our house.

Nobody is suggesting the Big east lives and dies with UConn. The suggestion is that there are some critical properties within the Big East that if we’re cut out, the league would feel a lot different.

Now if we want to talk about hitting nerves, I think that hit yours. Because providence basketball has no brand power.

And you didn’t like to hear that truth.

So you come in here on your highest horse to tell us the real reason Cooley skipped town like you were the one he was was having the affair with.

Fine, that’s why he left. It doesn’t matter.

You better pray that the big 12 doesn’t make a play on a hybrid league going after the best basketball brands in the big east, because that would squeeze the last life out of the death rattle of your rise to barely relevant for half a decade run.

Go home dude. Don’t let the door hit you.

Reaction Score
Because UConn would have accepted pronto!
That's a strange answer. The invite would have been conditional upon the three Corner Schools going. Did they go to the ACC?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh for Petes sake. You’re not here for a debate. You started in this post with telling me I lost my mind, I called you on being WAY out of your lane, and you called me an idiot.

Wipe your feet when you come in our house.

Nobody is suggesting the Big east lives and dies with UConn. The suggestion is that there are some critical properties within the Big East that if we’re cut out, the league would feel a lot different.

Now if we want to talk about hitting nerves, I think that hit yours. Because providence basketball has no brand power.

And you didn’t like to hear that truth.

So you come in here on your highest horse to tell us the real reason Cooley skipped town like you were the one he was was having the affair with.

Fine, that’s why he left. It doesn’t matter.

You better pray that the big 12 doesn’t make a play on a hybrid league going after the best basketball brands in the big east, because that would squeeze the last life out of the death rattle of your rise to barely relevant for half a decade run.

Go home dude. Don’t let the door hit you.
I can smell the skin

GG

Reaction Score
I agree. There’s also a discussion about the big two breaking away and excluding other schools from tournaments. What makes March madness the BEST sporting event in the world is that a 15 seed from a small conference can beat one of the blue bloods on any given day. If that ever goes away, the magic of the tournament goes with it.

Money will ultimately ruin what made college athletics so enjoyable to watch. I will always believe that local rivalries are special and not easily replaced. Look at how many teams with historical rivalries no longer play each other. It’s sad. But for some strange reason the networks don’t agree with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom