Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 660 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If Mora wins, the narrative would be it is a one off, they were lucky to get an NFL coach cheap, and it won't sustain

The same way the ACC said basketball was all Calhoun
Why couldn't the narrative be that UConn was successful before, and has shown that it can be successful again once Mora starts racking up 8 win seasons? Similar messaging to MBB.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That’s why I said Yormark is a snake. He completely lied straight to our administration’s face. We did nothing wrong, but he embarrassed us in front of everyone.

This actually makes me excited if true. I can just picture a pissed off Mora and Benedict looking to kick ash and go on a revenge tour in the next couple of years. Like one of those buddy crime movies with two crazy guys who go on a crime spree cuz they have nothing left to lose.

Let’s go on a revenge tour and kick some elitist football ash!

Reaction Score
The Mansfield mafia would make sure that never happens and I am not sure I want to see Rte 195 and US 44 with 40K fans coming into and going out of campus on game day.
5 or 6 times a year? That terrible?

Reaction Score
If true, btw, that confirms what BY and the B12 really think about UConn football. And so many of you wanted to just bend over to join that frankenleague that doesn't even respect UConn. Embarassing.
Truthfully, many of us wanted to join the frankenleague just to get the P5 badge and the money. Nothing else.
If both money and P5 end up coming via ACC, the end result is much much better.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If true, btw, that confirms what BY and the B12 really think about UConn football. And so many of you wanted to just bend over to join that frankenleague that doesn't even respect UConn. Embarassing.

Embarrassing will be the next BE tv deal, but go on and lorde over DePaul fans for a few more years, you've earned it.

Reaction Score
I'd rather be in the ACC as a basketball-only. 5-6 game football arrangement. 20 million per year. 1st team to leave we replace. Bowl tie-in.
So the ACC is going to pay $20MM a year just for UConn basketball? Talk about dreaming...

Reaction Score
FSU will not be joining the Big 12.
If Florida St. knows it will not get an SEC invite, they may bite if the money is in the ballpark as they could see XII as an easier way to get to the football playoffs than fighting through Georgia/Alabama/Texas/Oklahoma or USC/Ohio St/Michigan every year.

Reaction Score
Good grief. How are these imbeciles in charge of running billion dollar conferences???
ESPN doesnt want to open up the ACC tv contract. That’s why they orchestrated the dispersal of the Pac12 teams to where they wanted them to go.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Truthfully, many of us wanted to join the frankenleague just to get the P5 badge and the money. Nothing else.
If both money and P5 end up coming via ACC, the end result is much much better.

ACC is 100000% better than that pile of garbage

Reaction Score
If Florida St. knows it will not get an SEC invite, they may bite if the money is in the ballpark as they could see XII as an easier way to get to the football playoffs than fighting through Georgia/Alabama/Texas/Oklahoma or USC/Ohio St/Michigan every year.
When the playoff goes to 12 teams in a few years, 5 spots will go to the Big 10, 5 to the SEC, 1 to the Big 12, and 1 to Notre Dame. Lol

Reaction Score
What's worse? He was interested and we couldn't close, or we got played again?
My guess is that ESPN steered them away from UConn. Connecticut needs to give ESPN more tax breaks

Reaction Score
Don't know how to break it to you (or @shizzle787 ) but next round of BE media negotiations could be very disappointing. They have little reason to offer an increase over the current deal.
Especially since they're going to be paying top dollar for 2 schools in Utah and Arizona. Way to expand your reach.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I say talk to Yormark and get the networks on board. How much are they offering? Get very close to making the deal. Then renege, walk away, and you know how the networks value your basketball.
Except then we get a bunch of tweets and articles about how UConn going basketball only to the B12 is a real possibility and that's not a good look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom