Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 656 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Oh no

IMG_6515.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought you weren't allowed to play in another conference if your primary conference sponsors that sport? So we wouldn't even be able to stay in the Big East and join B12 for basketball only. What the hell is Yormark smoking and why does he think we'd even take that in the first place?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If there is anything to BB only from Yormark, he’s going to offer our seat to Saint John’s (hilarious I know or Gtown or Nova) if we don’t bite.

This sucks

Reaction Score
I’d do it ONLY if it’s for minimum $20 mil/year for all Olympic sports, with a football schedule tie-in of 4/5 games a year rotating (WVU/UCF/Cincy/Hou one year, next year the 4 corners etc). I’d miss the hell out of the BE but a basketball schedule with Kansas, Gonzaga, Houston, Cincy, both AZ schools, etc. I can live with. “One foot in the door” as they say.

Reaction Score
Are Cal and Stanford tied together or can Stanford do what they want? maybe Stanford and UConn

Reaction Score
If there is anything to BB only from Yormark, he’s going to offer our seat to Saint John’s (hilarious I know or Gtown or Nova) if we don’t bite.

This sucks
I think the Catholics can hold together if it is one at a time (BCU is a different set of circumstances because Flutie made them a football powerhouse by throwing one pass that one time).

BY will have to tempt multiple at one time, after the next Big East contract is as low as we suspect.

Reaction Score
Honestly at this point screw BY. Invite us for all or don't even bother. Massive slap in the face to use us as bait, completely calculated from the start, and then after the ruse is finally up say "well we can offer you the pizza crust we found on the ground next to the pigeon crap if you want"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

This sucks
Also this. A small catholic school regional conference is not going to compete with those Goliath’s

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I’d do it ONLY if it’s for minimum $20 mil/year for all Olympic sports, with a football schedule tie-in of 4/5 games a year rotating (WVU/UCF/Cincy/Hou one year, next year the 4 corners etc). I’d miss the hell out of the BE but a basketball schedule with Kansas, Gonzaga, Houston, Cincy, both AZ schools, etc. I can live with. “One foot in the door” as they say.
It would have to be a guarantee at their next contract that we’d be full members

Reaction Score
That dollar value doesn't happen - but a promise (or some kind) that UConn is a full member the next time they expand could work.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We’d need a clear path for football also.

Our athletic department won’t do it to put Olympic sports. The Big east will kick us out and then where do they go?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone really answer me if Benedict is this much of a dumb a** to continually be used time after time again for leverage?

I don’t know enough about the situation. But his recent tweets of wink faces, Mora hinting in press conferences……are they really that stupid and getting that blindsided?

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I’d only do it with a guaranteed football phase in if some kind

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That dollar value doesn't happen - but a promise (or some kind) that UConn is a full member the next time they expand could work.
Transition plan could work- even a long one… but they won’t offer it. They will say- screw off, Nova sounds good.

Reaction Score
Let's hope we can right the ship and get football on the right track. This realignment will start again since it's not done.

If B1G goes to 20, others will too.

If ACC is smart, they invite us and others to get to 16, 18, or 20. I don't think ACC is forward thinking or smart though.
Unlikely, BC and ‘Cuse are likely already on the phone to make sure that doesn’t happen while a half-dozen or more members led by Florida St are more focused on getting out of the ACC, not saving it.

Reaction Score
Remember that UConn has an exit fee, which would be quite high for a non-football cut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom