Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 655 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Hilarious. Like we would do that.
If you think the big 3 conferences are going to take over the NCAA tournament, and they guarantee a number of football games (which presumably we can parlay into a TV deal) you’d have to strongly consider it.

Reaction Score
Any insight on the future?
Nope. I didn’t ask and I can guarantee they wouldn’t say anything to me about it. But yeah, Brett Yormark fooled us once. Shame on us if we let him fool us again with this new talk of 18 teams. Because he will absolutely screw with us once again

Reaction Score
Yuck Formark- no hoops w/out FB- if if its that important then he can bring FB along too.
Take our chances. That offer will come again when he comes back for St. Johns (NY market), Georgetown (DMV), and Villanova (Philly).

Reaction Score
We might not get football membership right away, but we could probably get a scheduling alliance with Big 12 schools and if we perform, I could see us getting a football invite in the future. Take what you can get at this point. It's survival of the fittest.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We'd turn that down
Really? To make $5m in the Big East and struggle to schedule games? With 5 Big XII games our FB TV rights would probably go up significantly.

Note: I read basketball only as all Olympic sports. So baseball too.

Reaction Score
We might not get football membership right away, but we could probably get a scheduling alliance with Big 12 schools and if we perform, I could see us getting a football invite in the future. Take what you can get at this point. It's survival of the fittest.
As long as we can jump to the ACC with no penalty when the time comes.

We use them. They use us. Neither one cares. We'll be gettin our share.

Reaction Score
Really? To make $5m in the Big East and struggle to schedule games? With 5 Big XII games our FB TV rights would probably go up significantly.

Note: I read basketball only as all Olympic sports. So baseball too.
If they pay us $25mil a year for it maybe. If the money is even remotely close to Big East money it's a non starter.

Reaction Score
You take anything to get a foot in the door. I’d rather play Kansas, Arizona, Gonzaga, Kansas State, ASU, Cincinnati than Seton Hall, Providence, Georgetown, St. John’s.
it would need to include a scheduling alliance for Football. Plus we would need to see if our other sports are included

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gotta love this from ESPN: "The four schools in the most precarious situations are Cal, Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State, all of which are without a natural landing spot that would ensure their long-term stability."

Apparently, these same people don't care about UConn's long-term stability as the same advised not to move to the B12.

As I said before. You are in the club or not in the club. We are not in the club. So we don’t matter. This is why you have to get in the club, because even the dregs of the club are perceived as superior to those not in it. It functions more like a monarchy.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As I said before. You are in the club or not in the club. We are not in the club. So we don’t matter. This is why you have to get in the club, because even the dregs of the club are perceived as superior to those not in it. It functions more like a monarchy.

We would decidedly not be in the club if our football is left to rot.

F the big 12 for even throwing this out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom