Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 653 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, about an hour ago I privately spoke with someone who would actually know what the heck happened, and he told me ‘UConn was used as a leverage ploy and only as a leverage ploy. They never had any intention of extending an invite. All that Yormark posturing and visiting Storrs? Yup, that was entirely a calculated move.’

So there ya go. I hope Yormark gets his you know what kicked to the curb one day. I will actively be rooting for his downfall. He’s a snake
So….. where was this source two weeks ago?

Reaction Score
This doesn’t hurt if you never expected it to happen.

For the moment UConn is a good place. FB is on the upswing, MBB team won an NC, and I like the familiarity, proximity, and rivalries of the BE.

And I think most of the board was in that place before the Music Man rolled into town.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, about an hour ago I privately spoke with someone who would actually know what the heck happened, and he told me ‘UConn was used as a leverage ploy and only as a leverage ploy. They never had any intention of extending an invite. All that Yormark posturing and visiting Storrs? Yup, that was entirely a calculated move.’

So there ya go. I hope Yormark gets his you know what kicked to the curb one day. I will actively be rooting for his downfall. He’s a snake
This is evidence that it's foolish for us to even pay much attention to this stuff anymore. It's probably not going to happen for reasons we're too biased in favor of UConn to fully fathom, and if it does happen somehow, someday, it won't be with preliminary visits and months of buzz, it'll be an announcement practically out of the blue like the return to the Big East announcement. When it comes to CR and UConn, buzz is just bait if it lasts for more than 24-48 hours; it's meant to entice some P4 school to do something they don't want to do. I didn't expect the offer to come (I was one who voted that we wouldn't get a Big 12 offer in the poll), but it still stings to get overlooked yet again after winning another chip in a high-profile sport, and be reminded that smaller states like Kansas and Iowa get to have multiple power conference schools while we have zilch.

Reaction Score

That was actually a very smart business move by Yormark. Didn’t work out for us, but I have to give Yormark props, he was playing chess.

Reaction Score
This week has been insane. The whiskey is flowing like a river. I know that UConn can survive if we stay in the Big East, but the idea that the likes of Houston and UCF are going to net tens of millions more than us for accomplishing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is astounding.

We've run out of fingers to put all our championships. Our athletic department is among the best in the nation. And yet schools like Cincinnati will make more money every year. It's obscene.

Let's hope there's still an ace up our sleeves. Because we honestly deserve it...
For sure UConn has accomplished so much and it would have been better for the B12 to diversify and add a northeastern school that can get them into the bigger NYC market as well as the entire state of CT. UConn has that much more potential and the B12 presidents couldn't project that.

But football is still key. Did ASU, U of A, and Colorado accomplish a whole lot last year? No. But UConn last decade of football really put the program in a bind. Not only were they historically bad, but it created a really bad perception and unfortunately in this case perception became reality. This is why I lamented the poor seasons from Randy Edsall 2.0 because it wasted valuable time to get football back in an upward trajectory.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

Any insight on the future?

Reaction Score
Best case scenario at this point is an 8-10 team football-only conference with the remainders of the PAC, UMass, maybe Temple/Army/good FCS programs like Holy Cross. Find somebody to give a couple mil a year for media rights while auditioning for the power brokers one final time. More likely we continue to flounder as an independent running with a large subsidy until the final lifeboats are extended. Of course, we'll be left at the curb again and have to significantly cut into the Athletic Department budget.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This. The presidents/chancellors screwed Yormark. Unless we go to 18 with SDSU, he's not getting that "big NY moment". Utah and ASU agreed to 25 million for first 2 years. I apologize to you all. My information ended up being wrong.
Dude, I believe you came here with good intentions....and I think you shared what you were told. Thing is, Yormark sold his vision, Presidents listened politely and decided that when the moment comes they were going to buck his plan and only let it come together as a last resort. There was no need to throw his NY vision to the curb at the planning stages, instead it can wait when the moment of decision comes and that I believe is what happened. Plus, us waiting in the wings did help spur a final decision.

If the B12 adds another pair of schools it will be from the remaining P12.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That said, we are no worse now than we were 24 hours ago.
Completely disagree.

That is like saying that 24 hours ago I was lost and drifted out to sea and barely treading water and struggling to stay alive. Now, 24 hours later I am in the same position, stuck at sea and no worse that I was 24 hours ago.

But you are missing the point that during the last 24 hours the Coast Guard rescue boat passed you by without seeing you and is returning to shore and your body is now freezing cold, you are water logged, exhausted, and now 24 hours closer to the maximum time you can survive without food and water.

So no, we aren’t in the same position we were 24 hours ago. The last rescue boat has passed you by and you are one day closer to your eventual drowning.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Countdown to Aresco publicly pleading for The AAC to take the P5 designation assigned to the PAC.
Which will last until the remaining Pac (whatever) takes a few AAC schools to help rebuild its conference.

Reaction Score
This week has been insane. The whiskey is flowing like a river. I know that UConn can survive if we stay in the Big East, but the idea that the likes of Houston and UCF are going to net tens of millions more than us for accomplishing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is astounding.

We've run out of fingers to put all our championships. Our athletic department is among the best in the nation. And yet schools like Cincinnati will make more money every year. It's obscene.

Let's hope there's still an ace up our sleeves. Because we honestly deserve it...
Small consolation, but there is still some chaos related to CR. Lots can happen, keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
UConn should become a trailblazer. Go DTC. All football games and olympic sports, and select non conference basketball games, coupled w behind the scenes and coaches show content. Surely everyone on the yard can pony up 15-20 bucks a month to support this.

Reaction Score
UConn should become a trailblazer. Go DTC. All football games and olympic sports, and select non conference basketball games, coupled w behind the scenes and coaches show content. Surely everyone on the yard can pony up 15-20 bucks a month to support this.
Almost certainly wouldn't even cover the production expenses

Reaction Score
This is evidence that it's foolish for us to even pay much attention to this stuff anymore. It's probably not going to happen for reasons we're too biased in favor of UConn to fully fathom, and if it does happen somehow, someday, it won't be with preliminary visits and months of buzz, it'll be an announcement practically out of the blue like the return to the Big East announcement. When it comes to CR and UConn, buzz is just bait if it lasts for more than 24-48 hours; it's meant to entice some P4 school to do something they don't want to do. I didn't expect the offer to come (I was one who voted that we wouldn't get a Big 12 offer in the poll), but it still stings to get overlooked yet again after winning another chip in a high-profile sport, and be reminded that smaller states like Kansas and Iowa get to have multiple power conference schools while we have zilch.
Yeah it stings like a bitch for sure. However, I never counted my chickens before they hatched and was thinking UConn would not get invited to the B12. It doesn't matter if Aaron Torres a few days ago thought UConn was going to be the 14th school to the B12 because he spoke UConn front office people and they sounded confident. UConn's front office people are not the ultimate decider. It doesn't matter if the post GoKU spoke to such and such and was so sure of it. Things can change on the dime. Until the formal invite comes, I just had a hard time buying into UConn moving to the P5 or P-whatever.

Just keep kicking arse in basketball and start playing some consistently good football winning between 7-9 games every year and fill the Rent. If that happens, and it's not too far out of the realm of possibility, someone will come calling. UConn has to control the things it can control like the winning games and branding and marketing and making the correct decisions. That's what it didn't do when they hired Randy Edsall 2.0.

Reaction Score
Completely agree Yormark had his vision shredded. This was always a fluid situation but boy once these guys had their chance they fell right back into the predictable mindless thought process. I believe we did what we could but DB was given some bad news yesterday and did a sloppy job trying to sugar coat it. I hope our guys have chips on their shoulders. We could use a good start to the FB season.

There is no sugar coating this bucket of guano...

Reaction Score
Gotta love this from ESPN: "The four schools in the most precarious situations are Cal, Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State, all of which are without a natural landing spot that would ensure their long-term stability."

Apparently, these same people don't care about UConn's long-term stability as the same advised not to move to the B12.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's what is still in our control: go buy tickets to UConn sporting events.

I know that I'm singing to the choir, since most Boneyarders are season ticket holders in one sport or another. Keep it up. Add a few games if you can. It all adds up, and you get to see a product that you care about. No matter what, UConn Nation is strong...

Reaction Score

Rutgers, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Maryland, Vandy, Mizzou, BYU, Houston, Cinci, UCF, you name it. There are a bunch of dead weight schools that will offer nothing to these conferences going forward. Our only hope is that the scummy suits decide to kick schools out that don't pull their weight in the future.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rutgers, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Maryland, Vandy, Mizzou, BYU, Houston, Cinci, UCF, you name it. There are a bunch of dead weight schools that will offer nothing to these conferences going forward. Our only hope is that the scummy suits decide to kick schools out that don't pull their weight in the future.

Houston is honestly pretty damn solid at most major sports and has tradition in basketball and football. Why boneyarders treat them like Rutgers south is a mystery to me.

Agree on northwestern, RU, Vandy, etc

Reaction Score
I’m sure Yormark was genuine in his interest. This is foolish.

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech? They are not worth that much. A couple of those schools end up in the SEC. And the value of Miami is questionable.
I’m not sure about U Miami, either. But, the B1G has always wanted the Atlanta market as I think it has the third largest B1G alumni population outside of the Midwest (NYC is the largest followed by DC). They’re not going to get U Georgia and Geogia State is not B1G quality. Tech has a very strong academic side, which matches well with the B1G, an if the Jackets agree to upgrade their facilities and programs, they will get an invite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom