Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 651 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark Check list:

• Disregard holding off on Media Deal act now
  • To be a national coast to coast conference
  • Grow the basketball brand who's market is massively is undervalued
  • Establish a presence in the New York market
  • Bring in only teams who share the passion of making the Big12 a great conference
  • Work for months with media and universities to bring in a bold candidate
  • Expand East

Big12 Presidents:

• Add more Mid-West regional Programs
  • Football only
  • Force league members over kicking and screaming and actively crapping on the conference
  • Expand West
  • Admit unvetted members within hours

Sound's like the Big12 is really supporting Yormark after he saved them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The state doesn't fund athletics, it funds the school, which then allocates money as it sees fit.

The school clearly sees athletics as a marketing tool for prospective students, so it will continue to provide support. Maybe not as much as now, but enough to be competitive.

Iirc without the KO payout, the deficit would have declined this past fiscal year, which does not include the last football or basketball season, so itll probably be even less this upcoming year.

The deficit is coming down because it was mandated that it needed to come down.

Our revenue has been remarkably flat for years but our costs have increased dramatically. We have little control over revenue - all other athletic departments our size have rights fees as the backbone of their revenue stream - so spending cuts are our only tool in the drawer.

The deficit cannot increase and revenue is not expanding to meet costs, so we will have to spend less…..everywhere.

Reaction Score
Business brains ruining yet another great thing by thinking that anyone wants these mega conferences
If I was a fan of Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Ole Miss or a fan of a bunch of other schools that are "good", but not "great" football programs I would be livid right now. Adding all of these powerhouse football programs only makes it even more impossible for these types of schools to compete for an expanded playoff spot.

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark Check list:

• Disregard holding off on Media Deal act now
  • To be a national coast to coast conference
  • Grow the basketball brand who's market is massively is undervalued
  • Establish a presence in the New York market
  • Bring in only teams who share the passion of making the Big12 a great conference
  • Work for months with media and universities to bring in a bold candidate
  • Expand East

Big12 Presidents:

• Add more Mid-West regional Programs
  • Football only
  • Force league members over kicking and screaming and actively crapping on the conference
  • Expand West
  • Admit unvetted members within hours

Sound's like the Big12 is really supporting Yormark after he saved them.

The four corners thing has been rumored the whole time. We were plan B and they scored with plan A. I always thought our best chance was for the PAC to hold together, unfortunately that ended up being true.

Now we need to hope the ACC feels the urge to add a couple teams, beating NC State would help, that game is our Super Bowl and we need to pack the Rent.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If I was a fan of Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Ole Miss or a fan of a bunch of other schools that are "good", but not "great" football programs I would be livid right now. Adding all of these powerhouse football programs only makes it even more impossible for these types of schools to compete for an expanded playoff spot.

I was talking with a buddy who is a Missouri fan today, he feels the same way. Despite getting in the "premier SEC conference", he is growing to despise college athletics too. While they are exceling from a financial performance, they have completely killed the excitement joy of their athletic program. Unfortunately, this is going to be the feeling of all but about 15 programs across the country. Sad really.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still think Stanford and Cal are going to the Big Ten albeit for pennies on the dollar.
Yeah, but not until the B1G locks down ND (in 10-12 years).

Reaction Score
The four corners thing has been rumored the whole time. We were plan B and they scored with plan A.
100% False .... i dont think you realize how long UConn was being vetted and how far back the work goes ... If it was the plan the whole time UConn wouldn't have ever been in the picture let alone first and Utah wouldn't been mocking the Big12 kicking and screaming while being dragged over.

It's ok though they can wipe their tears with wads of cash.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They’ll just expand the playoffs and because they’re all beating each other they’ll all make it, and the power conferences will keep an increasingly larger share of the playoff revenues, further increasing the money gap.

Reaction Score
100% False .... i dont think you realize how long UConn was being vetted and how far back the work goes ... If it was the plan the whole time UConn wouldn't have ever been in the picture let alone first and Utah wouldn't been mocking the Big12 kicking and screaming while being dragged over.

LOL, if we were plan A we would already be in. We were vetted as the backup plan. Heck if they really wanted us we are sitting right here waiting, and the 4 corners thing has absolutely been rumored the whole time, maybe you weren't paying attention.

and BTW ESPN is still the gatekeeper in all of this. Nothing happens without their blessing, so it hardly matters what Yormark thinks.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any chance the Big 12 could put its newfound leverage to some actual use, playing hardball with the would-be Pac refugees and offering them invitations at a reduced share? The conference has those schools over a barrel right now and can probably do whatever it wants, including simply adding Arizona and stopping at 14.

So just how badly does each school want in? (We may not like it, but UConn might be willing to accept a cheaper price, if push came to shove, than Utah or ASU would be willing to stomach.)
Debatable. They really have no where else to go.

Reaction Score
50 million a year can soften the blow....

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
How do you rank the Top 5 UConn Conference Expansion Failures from your personal pain scale? Mine goes :
1 : 2014 ACC expansion (Louisville) expansion
2 : 2023 B12 expansion (CO, UT, AZ, ASU)
3 : 2013 ACC expansion (Pitts, Syracuse, ND)
4 : 2005 ACC expansion (BC, Miami, VT)
5 : 2022 B12 expansion (Cincy, Houston, Cincy, USF)

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
How do you rank the Top 5 UConn Conference Expansion Failures from your personal pain scale? Mine goes :
If you expect to be let down you’re never disappointed

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
How is that Px tournament any different than a typical conference tournament? The beauty of the NCAA tournament is with the at-large bids, they are pretty much assuring they are getting the best 50-60 teams in college. And it gives the opportunity for a few Cinderellas every year to mix things up. Real David vs Goliath drama. It keeps people engaged.
Plus we also know the best football schools don’t correlate with the best basketball schools. So it’s really hard to proclaim you’re the best basketball team in college. You’re only the best in your conference.
It’s really not much different. But they have the most fans and the most resources. Yes, it will kill the beauty of the NCAA tournament. If that results in an extra few million per school, it’s perfectly fine to them. It’s not an accident that Alabama started landing bball talent - it’s resources(from football success). They will slowly drain the talent out of the non-Px conferences and create a competition gap that will allow them to say their Px tournament champ is the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
For those visiting this board for the first time, please know that the ten or so posters who are on here predicting the downfall of UConn sports and/ or UConn Football do not represent or speak for the vast majority of the fanbase, ticket holders and boosters.
Anyone not concerned about our future right now is not familiar with the landscape of college sports and how things are projected to progress in the next 10-15 years.

Our present is fine. I’m happy in the Big East right now. The future looks grim.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For me:
1) 2014 bc that was the worst kick in the balls.
2) 2013 bc we were supposed to go with Cuse.
3) Today
4) 2022 bc didn’t expect it bc we were a dumpster fire.
5) 2005 bc we were barely an FBS school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom