Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 650 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I’m wondering what this does to our football program. If we start losing recruits and coaches you have to wonder if we lower football and focus resources on men’s and women’s hoops.
P4 options are dwindling. If the national perception is we’ve given up on football might as well make it reality
Not giving up on football stop

Reaction Score
He is too proud and will get too frustrated. If it was just the under-funded program, I think Mora could take that build a winner here even with the disadvantages. But with the added combination of the upcoming NIL explosion and open transfers, even if he develops great players, they will leave for significant NIL money.

If Mora feels he cannot compete, he will get frustrated and leave and I can't blame him. Heck, I could see him replacing Prime Time at Colorado when he crashes and burns in two years time.
I agree- Mora is a winner and takes a lot of pride in his craft. I think the team will surprise us this year and play with a giant chip on their shoulder.

The bigger issue is how does the administration and fan support look?
I am very much looking forward to going to the home opener against NC State

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
In theory we could form a conference with the ACC leftovers + a few AAC schools. It would be UConn, Cuse, Wake, L'ville, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, USF, Temple, and let's throw in UMass.

Sounds great doesn't it?
So, essentially a repeat of the AAC...but with an even greater disadvantage to the Power Conferences? No thanks.

Reaction Score
Will the
I agree- Mora is a winner and takes a lot of pride in his craft. I think the team will surprise us this year and play with a giant chip on their shoulder.

The bigger issue is how does the administration and fan support look?
I am very much looking forward to going to the home opener against NC State
We've given Mora almost everything he has asked for. The administrative support is there. As for fan support, if we win a 3 or 4 before October, and you will start to notice it in the stands

Reaction Score
This isn't over yet. I feel dirty saying go FSU but it is what it is. ESPN the daddy posted this.

Getting in a conference with the ACC rejects will be a tier 2 conference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The threat is that the Px just creates their own end of season tournament and separates from the NCAA tournament. They rebrand it to match the CFB championship. They keep 100% of the income. The leftover conferences play in what becomes the NIT. This is literally the football model.
A lot of people (including pundits) have been throwing around the idea of the power schools (at some point the P2) breaking away for a while but I don’t see the need.

Hypothesizing the end game being B1G and SEC with 24 schools each, the NCAA tournament will have 2/3 of the members of each conference (32 schools) roughly five or six schools from the next level (remnants of the B-12, ACC, BE and possibly PAC) and one bid each from the remaining conferences. If they can basically squeeze out the remainder of D1 while remaining under the NCAA (which at that point they would have full control over), controlling the bulk of the revenues generated from this, there is no reason to split off.

Reaction Score
This really isn’t sour grapes.

I responded in that poll that we had no choice but to accept a Big XII. And, like many others, I believe UCONN’s athletic department has performed better than more than half of those in P5. I want it and UCONN sports needs it.

When someone posted that map four corners in XII it just didn’t look that appealing. I just couldn’t see myself as a UCF or Cincinnati fan being thrilled about these matchups. Just like we were in the AAC. The benefit is money, but what has that money done to increase the enjoyment of the fan base.

The problem with P2 is let’s say the whittle it down to 40-48 of the best teams, half of those teams are going to have losing records. This will be new to those fanbases and they won’t like it. Again, just think what it’s like to be a University of Minnesota football fan.

I also think it’s time for our fan base to let go of the ACC resentment. The reality is we are a much better fit with those schools than a bunch of Texas and SW schools. There is opportunity for lots of entertaining sports content there.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Will the

We've given Mora almost everything he has asked for. The administrative support is there. As for fan support, if we win a 3 or 4 before October, and you will start to notice it in the stands
The most frustrating part is that if we got this B12 invite, I feel very confident that Mora was going to right the ship and we would be a consistently good program again. But I guess we will never know at this point.

Reaction Score
Is GoKu real ?… he said something different.

No Way Wow GIF

Reaction Score
So, essentially a repeat of the AAC...but with an even greater disadvantage to the Power Conferences? No thanks.
What if I include BC instead of Temple? (forgot about them since they're irrelevant)
Does that change your mind?

Reaction Score
if the Pac12 only has four members they have to add a bunch. So let's say Stanford, Cal, Ore State, Wash State, Air Force, Army, Navy, Tulane, USF, SMU, UConn, Rice
Here is another option -- bring in several schools from the above list into the Big East. Make sure there are enough for a football team. Maybe Fox will broadcast the games. The other Big East schools don't need to play FB

Reaction Score
Yes we are lol. We’re so screwed man. No way the state keeps us afloat much longer.
The state doesn't fund athletics, it funds the school, which then allocates money as it sees fit.

The school clearly sees athletics as a marketing tool for prospective students, so it will continue to provide support. Maybe not as much as now, but enough to be competitive.

Iirc without the KO payout, the deficit would have declined this past fiscal year, which does not include the last football or basketball season, so itll probably be even less this upcoming year.

Reaction Score
For those visiting this board for the first time, please know that the ten or so posters who are on here predicting the downfall of UConn sports and/ or UConn Football do not represent or speak for the vast majority of the fanbase, ticket holders and boosters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For those visiting this board for the first time, please know that the ten or so posters who are on here predicting the downfall of UConn sports and/ or UConn Football do not represent or speak for the vast majority of the fanbase, ticket holders and boosters.

For those visiting this board for the first time, please ignore this noob. He got here two minutes before you did.

Reaction Score
The threat is that the Px just creates their own end of season tournament and separates from the NCAA tournament. They rebrand it to match the CFB championship. They keep 100% of the income. The leftover conferences play in what becomes the NIT. This is literally the football model.
How is that Px tournament any different than a typical conference tournament? The beauty of the NCAA tournament is with the at-large bids, they are pretty much assuring they are getting the best 50-60 teams in college. And it gives the opportunity for a few Cinderellas every year to mix things up. Real David vs Goliath drama. It keeps people engaged.
Plus we also know the best football schools don’t correlate with the best basketball schools. So it’s really hard to proclaim you’re the best basketball team in college. You’re only the best in your conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom