Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
8-4 for UConn according to a post by C W Lambert

19b.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The Big12 can really put the screws to Utah Arizona Arizona State at this point as they have pretty much no leverage in the situation. I could see them offering a way reduced share (one wed gladly accept).

Reaction Score
Now that the P12 dust has settled, it is time for BY to talk some sense into the B12 Presidents.

The latest B1G move just reinforces that is "war time" and it is going to be a battle for National relevance. There will be 3 power conferences, and the B12 is in a battle with the ACC to see who will win out. Knowing the landscape now, and assuming you already have Colorado and Arizona, do you really want to add repetitive states that you already own in Utah and Arizona State as you go to battle with the ACC...or do you begin the national battle with the ACC now. Not sure how realistic it would be...but adding UConn and Stanford (or Cal) would be a lot more strategic than adding ASU and UU. They lock themselves into the "Southwest Conference" with a couple of Midwest outliers and gives the upper hand to the ACC in the war.

Hopefully BY is able to convey what the future looks like to these B12 Presidents.

Not optimistic though.
Doubling down our west may mean he’s conceding east coast to ACC. ACC should pounce now on eastern half of US options.

ADs will be happy with the money but UCF fan base can’t be excited to play the likes of Utah, ASU, Oklahoma St, etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The response was to make the point that if he has inside info he should be able to provide the other details which he has not thus he shouldn’t speak in absolutes
My comment was made to make the point that "proving or disapproving" GoKU's supposed sources is not particularly important. Worry less about "winning the Internet."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The interesting thing in all of this is that the small conferences right now get such a pittance from the tournament, because the NCAA takes such a huge amount. Each small conference gets one credit, and their teams don't advance far. A pittance.

What if all the non-P3 conferences told the P2/3 to off and hold your tournament with your 40-60 members. Good luck with that!
Assuming they could do this without withdrawing from the NCAA the P-3 would respond "great, more money for us".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unless it's the Arizona BOR who is only going to approve the deal if it's for both. Which has been my assumption all along
They have the option of playing hardball now particularly if Stanford indicates interest.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yormark is smart. The B1G taking Oregon and Washington plays into his vision of adding UConn for a broader conference reach. BigXII presidents will hopefully see this.
Yormark is smart. That doesn't mean that the people he works for are going to be willing to expand their thought process enough to see beyond football.

Reaction Score
Yormark is smart. The B1G taking Oregon and Washington plays into his vision of adding UConn for a broader conference reach. BigXII presidents will hopefully see this.
The Big 12 schools do not want us.

Reaction Score
I feel like you need to take a break from this whole CR situation. Get outside, go take a walk.
I feel like I'm slowly watching our athletic department sign a death certificate. Not immediately, but in 10-15 years?

It sucks.

Reaction Score
My comment was made to make the point that "proving or disapproving" GoKU's supposed sources is not particularly important. Worry less about "winning the Internet."
In that same spirit none of this is important then.
It’s clear I don’t post much so the “winning the internet” is just ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom