Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 633 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
TV folks might not want to pay for 2 Bay Area schools. Both have fans that only show up if they win, so this might be a tough sell.

But the comparison is with ASU and Utah, in a league that will already have Arizona. Those two are more valuable than Cal & Stan?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It’s not over until it’s over. The fact that he put “exploring its options” leaves the door open for sure

Edit: previously it was ASU and Utah were locks to go
Looks like some monitoring of the situation while you're on vacation.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Did they actually invite Utah? It’s easy to miss what has actually happened amidst the rumors and hearsay.

Arizona State hasn’t been invited, have they?
See Brett Mcmurphy tweet above for the latest

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one that thinks it's weird if there isn't a flow chart the Big XII has and that things are already set in stone, right? Decisions aren't being made now. They're being executed. The storytelling narrative from the media paints a picture as if the Big XII is still deciding on things.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't be the only one that thinks it's weird if there isn't a flow chart the Big XII has and that things are already set in stone, right? Decisions aren't being made now. They're being executed. The storytelling narrative from the media paints a picture as if the Big XII is still deciding on things.
One can only hope ASUs bad attitude about the move has changed plans.

Reaction Score

The interesting thing in all of this is that the small conferences right now get such a pittance from the tournament, because the NCAA takes such a huge amount. Each small conference gets one credit, and their teams don't advance far. A pittance.

What if all the non-P3 conferences told the P2/3 to off and hold your tournament with your 40-60 members. Good luck with that!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But the comparison is with ASU and Utah, in a league that will already have Arizona. Those two are more valuable than Cal & Stan?
I don't think they want Pacific time zone unless it's a huge upgrade to football (and those two just went to the B1G).

Most likely scenario now is a split among Big XII Presidents and the AD on who the best 2 of the available 3 would be. We know they approved Arizona. There probably is not yet consensus on UConn, ASU and Utah. I'd imagine all three configurations might be favored by some schools. We know Yormark would want UConn, but he doesn't get a vote. However, he probably has a lot of credibility right now. Is it enough?

Reaction Score
Doubt they take them now. They can get U of A without them most likely plus a better option.
Unless it's the Arizona BOR who is only going to approve the deal if it's for both. Which has been my assumption all along

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
“Big 12 now evaluating their options” could be great news if they mean us (i.e. the pac schools have lost leverage to demand themselves in a package deal). It could also mean staying at 14 with Arizona or looking into Cal / Stanford, but there’s a pulse.

Reaction Score
Did they actually invite Utah? It’s easy to miss what has actually happened amidst the rumors and hearsay.

Arizona State hasn’t been invited, have they?
Swaim said they were invited according to his sources, and this was after he was pushing UConn all week and dousing interest in Utah. Plenty of others corroborated it.

It seems to me that Utah and Arizona St were non-committal as they attended the Pac12 meetings hoping to hold it all together.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Now that the P12 dust has settled, it is time for BY to talk some sense into the B12 Presidents.

The latest B1G move just reinforces that is "war time" and it is going to be a battle for National relevance. There will be 3 power conferences, and the B12 is in a battle with the ACC to see who will win out. Knowing the landscape now, and assuming you already have Colorado and Arizona, do you really want to add repetitive states that you already own in Utah and Arizona State as you go to battle with the ACC...or do you begin the national battle with the ACC now. Not sure how realistic it would be...but adding UConn and Stanford (or Cal) would be a lot more strategic than adding ASU and UU. They lock themselves into the "Southwest Conference" with a couple of Midwest outliers and gives the upper hand to the ACC in the war.

Hopefully BY is able to convey what the future looks like to these B12 Presidents.

Not optimistic though.

Reaction Score
Feels like it would take a serious bank shot for the Big XII to choose us to arrive at an even number. Not impossible, but very difficult, especially with the PAC-12 schools heading for the hills and willing to take whatever they can get.

Reaction Score
I really don't care if it is Miss Scarlet with the candlestick in the library, as long as we get in.
The response was to make the point that if he has inside info he should be able to provide the other details which he has not thus he shouldn’t speak in absolutes

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Now that the P12 dust has settled, it is time for BY to talk some sense into the B12 Presidents.

The latest B1G move just reinforces that is "war time" and it is going to be a battle for National relevance. There will be 3 power conferences, and the B12 is in a battle with the ACC to see who will win out. Knowing the landscape now, and assuming you already have Colorado and Arizona, do you really want to add repetitive states that you already own in Utah and Arizona State as you go to battle with the ACC...or do you begin the national battle with the ACC now. Not sure how realistic it would be...but adding UConn and Stanford (or Cal) would be a lot more strategic than adding ASU and UU. They lock themselves into the "Southwest Conference" with a couple of Midwest outliers and gives the upper hand to the ACC in the war.

Hopefully BY is able to convey what the future looks like to these B12 Presidents.

Not optimistic though.

I totally agree. This is a time for the ACC and the Big XII to think about the future. ND's nonsense partial membership in the ACC puts them in a weaker position. Identify the optimal number of member schools for long-term value, review available schools to hit that number, and start the courting process. We should be a solid target for either conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom