Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 630 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If you thought the UConn powers have some inside info in terms of what is going on, think again. While we are all looking for info based on twitter sources and online info….looks like AD David Benedict is doing the exact same thing with us. He is currently listening in on a twitter spaces live discussion with Washington and Oregon people about what is going on.

So much for having confidence that our admin has it all under control.
Think what these universities are up against. A lot of them built out facilities on debt, and with the super high interest rates, especially for jumbo loans, you have schools now looking at double interest costs.

The thing is, this stuff isn't usually reported as AD debt or liabilities.

Schools issue bonds for facilities, not ADs (although Florida St is the rare case in which the AD did it). But at Texas and Michigan and most other places, it's the university.

Amazing that the debt service costs are doubling at Oregon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've been on this board for over a decade. We don't have dreams, we have nightmares...
Well at least I don't have to worry about two of those three anymore.

Reaction Score
Here is a link to the article I referenced I was working on (it's not the greatest but speed was of more importance here):

I also got a response from WVU President Gordon Gee - who previously was at Ohio State - to my email saying: "I really appreciate the note you sent to me regarding Huskies football."

Hopefully not too late!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. As much as any school in the country, ASU is dependent on out of state students from one particular state. ASU might be willing to swallow far more than a $10M revenue difference to keep athletics in front of the California public. What is U of A trying to accomplish that is so important that the Trustees would tell ASU's President he doesn't know what is good for his university?

I don't purport to know anything about what is going on in these meetings, but I am not convinced that, if the six northern schools are willing to remain, and SD State would be added, it's in ASU's interests to leave (as an institution -- as an athletic department, maybe a different answer).

It’s in ASU’s interest to leave, so they will.

I'm a little surprised the B1G didn't pull the trigger. Oregon and Washington should pay for themselves.

This makes me think there really is something to the idea that USC/UCLA are blackballing them.

They pulled the trigger.

Reaction Score
Not sure that we’re in a position to make that kind of demand.
Came off more harsh than I wanted in retrospect. However just does not seem believable that last night when it seemed to be a done deal with 3 more PAC schools GOKU is crickets. Then word is the deal is falling apart this morning and he/she sounds like there was never any doubt. We should be more discerning than to just defend the person who is telling us all what we want to hear. Hope GOKU right of course but ….

Reaction Score
We just have to beat out Utah. We don't know what the Big XII is looking for -- if they want one more eastern team, we are in the driver's seat. If they want Utah, they want Utah. But Michael Doleac isn't walking through that door...
Michael Doleac didn't play football.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Came off more harsh than I wanted in retrospect. However just does not seem believable that last night when it seemed to be a done deal with 3 more PAC schools GOKU is crickets. Then word is the deal is falling apart this morning and he/she sounds like there was never any doubt. We should be more discerning than to just defend the person who is telling us all what we want to hear. Hope GOKU right of course but ….
No one could know ahead of time that ASU's president would be dragging his feet. As it turns out he couldn't have known ahead of time his dragging his feet could eliminate his school from an invite now that Oregon and Washington are heading to the BIG.

Some information points to a direction unless something unpredictable or seismic changes the situation. This is a highly changing situation. GoKU has done his best to give us what he's heard on the inside. Let's hope we're still a primary property for them.

Reaction Score
We just have to beat out Utah. We don't know what the Big XII is looking for -- if they want one more east coast team, we are in the driver's seat. If they want Utah, they want Utah. But Michael Doleac isn't walking through that door...
Still praying 4 in the West, and 4 in the East. It makes all the sense in the world, but who knows what B12 presidents are thinking?

At this point, B12 might just go to 20 and add the following: Arizona, ASU, UCONN, UTAH, Cal, Stanford, Oregon St/SDSU/Washington St. If Cal and Stanford don't want to come, just pick 2 more out of the pile.

Of course, this is assuming ESPN and FOX will play along.

Reaction Score
Why? If the 4 Corners stay, and Oregon and Wash do then they will be fine.
I mean if the Arizonas leave and the Big10 expands. Utah staying or leaving will make no diference. We are still the better choice for #16, and the PAC is dead anyway.

Reaction Score
Hope there’s some truth to UCONN reaching out to ACC. They’re at 14 + 1. Who would they fill with? Especially if they were to also lose Fl St

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yes, once the Pac is dead there is no option. But until Oregon and UW decided to leave, there was.
And now their first option may no longer be available.

Reaction Score
I mean if the Arizonas leave and the Big10 expands. Utah staying or leaving will make no diference. We are still the better choice for #16, and the PAC is dead anyway.

Catch up. That’s not a given anymore.

And from the Big 12s POV we aren’t preferable to UA, ASU and Utah.

Reaction Score
Catch up. That’s not a given anymore.

And from the Big 12s POV we aren’t preferable to UA, ASU and Utah.
With Oregon and Washington going to BIG I’m not sure Arizona can demand a package deal with ASU. Arizona needs Big 12 more than the Big 12 needs them

ctchamps

Reaction Score
With Oregon and Washington going to BIG I’m not sure Arizona can demand a package deal with ASU. Arizona needs Big 12 more than the Big 12 needs them
Absolutely. Their leverage went down the tubes more than us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom