Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 629 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Washington and Oregon never contacted the Big 12.
I realize that. But if that changes would you want them over Arizona and Arizona State? Or would you prefer one of them with Arizona? Just curious as to your valuations of those schools.

And do you know who else besides U of A has contacted the B12? And would you be willing to share that with us?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I’m guessing there was enough talk to make them feel comfortable that it’s more WHEN than IF. Otherwise you’re right, they’d be scrambling.

I wonder if part of the hold up on the Pac12 deal with the teams looking to stay is the distribution of revenue. WSU and Oregon St are desperate and in no position to negotiate--they are just trying to survive.

With the deal being a fully digital streaming deal with Apple, it opens new possibilities that are not available in the black-box cable set world. Maybe they are negotiating among themselves not only an uneven payout distribution based on on-field performance (NCAA credits), but also based on the actual viewership of events since you can track that with digital streaming. So conference payouts are dependent on the number of actual viewers of those events by school...so Oregon and Washington would obviously get a much bigger slice of the pie which would likely close the monetary gap to the B12 money. Maybe that is why they continue to meet and have these negotiations at the last minute to hammer out the distribution of revenue across schools. And also could explain Arizona State's stubborn interest in staying in the P12...as that model would also help ASU given their large alumni and fan base.

Reaction Score
My simple reading:

1. The Apple money plus the CFP money divided by fewer members is as good, and maybe better, than the B12 money.

2. But being on Apple may be horrible for recruiting.

3. The chances of the P12 blowing up by 2031 are the same as the chances of the B12 receiving a much reduced rate in 2031.

Conclusion: Confusion.

Reaction Score
My simple reading:

1. The Apple money plus the CFP money divided by fewer members is as good, and maybe better, than the B12 money.

3. The chances of the P12 blowing up by 2031 are the same as the chances of the B12 receiving a much reduced rate in 2031.

agree on 1 and 3. 2. should read: oregon trying hard to get better deal from apple and remaining pac 9 schools 4. the big 10 wants oregon and washington on their terms. why would they ever outbid themsevles at this point in time.

Reaction Score
My simple reading:

I’m wondering if Stanford made a call across town saying “Please Save Us” and they upped the deal.

The initial offer was $24.5M.

Reaction Score
It’s not that we lack value.

Killing another conference is more valuable than what we have to offer though.
The PAC9 will be killed just as dead if the BigXII takes us and hangs Utah out to dry.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Are Cal and Stanford really enough to keep the rest of the Pac schools from jumping? Do these schools really like being peered with them that much?

Reaction Score
Fox unwilling to pay $100M each for Oregon and Washington might have saved the day. However, things can change in a sec so who knows. Until PAC GOR is signed, it is just all talk and rumors.

Reaction Score
agree on 1 and 3. 2. should read: oregon trying hard to get better deal from apple and remaining pac 9 schools 4. the big 10 wants oregon and washington on their terms. why would they ever outbid themsevles at this point in time.
I'm a little surprised the B1G didn't pull the trigger. Oregon and Washington should pay for themselves.

This makes me think there really is something to the idea that USC/UCLA are blackballing them.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If you thought the UConn powers have some inside info in terms of what is going on, think again. While we are all looking for info based on twitter sources and online info….looks like AD David Benedict is doing the exact same thing with us. He is currently listening in on a twitter spaces live discussion with Washington and Oregon people about what is going on.

So much for having confidence that our admin has it all under control.

Attachments

• IMG_2786.png
    IMG_2786.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
Reaction Score
I think the PAC folks just need the money to be at parody. Even if it's slightly less, as a conference they take pride in the academic superiority and west coast alignment. Colorado was never one of them.

PAC sticking together and backfilling with SDSU and us getting added to the B12 makes a lot of sense once you take a step back. The ACC is pretty obviously a ticking time bomb now, so we can create an eastern flank for the conference and they can fill in with the likes of Cuse, Pitt, etc when the times comes.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If you thought the UConn powers have some inside info in terms of what is going on, think again. While we are all looking for info based on twitter sources and online info….looks like AD David Benedict is doing the exact same thing with us. He is currently listening in on a twitter spaces live discussion with Washington and Oregon people about what is going on.

So much for having confidence that our admin has it all under control.
Yes he was on a CR spaces yesterday too. He might just be listening because he knows we’re a done deal too lol

Reaction Score
Yes he was on a CR spaces yesterday too. He might just be listening because he knows we’re a done deal too lol
It's also possible he listens to see if anything about us leaks out. But I don't think we're a done deal because it'd be known at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom