Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 628 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Please clarify this statement. There are only 3 in the east, and it makes sense we are the 4th.

We've been through this before. If they take CO, U of A, one of Utah/ASU and us the 16 teams break down into neat regional pods of 4 (not important for football but for other sports) as follows:

East: WVU, Cincy, UCF, us.
West: BYU, U of A, Colorado, ASU/Utah
Texas: TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston
Plains: Ok State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas St.

So in hoops, you play your pod home and home and one game against the other 12. Not as important that football scheduling be as geographically based.

Not predicting any of that, but it's clear what GoKU is talking about.

Reaction Score
I sort of don't hate if it were Utah instead of ASU with Arizona and us. ASU has a lot of nice things going for it, but Utah would reinforce the overall cachet of the Big 12 as a football power
I don't see ASU splitting from Arizona. This is part of the drama that is happening. People on here are calling BS on GOKU but taking Mr. "welcome San Diego State to the big12" / cover all bases SWIAM as doom gospel.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
It never made sense to me why there were rumors of discussion between the B12 and Gonzaga a couple of months ago. In what world did that make sense? But maybe BY is a low-key genius and this is playing out exactly as he thought and planned.

Maybe Colorado and Arizona are the only P12 additions (makes sense since ASU and Utah are duplicative of Arizona and BYU). But BY wants to ensure he gets UConn as well to drive Eastern expansion and basketball dominance. So the adds are Colorado, Arizona, and UConn for all sports--and Gonzaga as basketball only gets them to 16. This was BYs plan all along. ;)

While there is zero chance this is reality, it would actually be the ideal scenario for UConn. Adding UConn, Arizona, and Gonzaga to the existing B12 would solidify the B12 as the premier basketball conference.

Reaction Score
This is what I gather

So Wash and OR =let’s say 100 million to BIG

4 corners worth 32 million a piece to BIg 12

Since Pac12 deal is weak that must mean that

Cali Stan Ore st and Wash st = -50 million value.

Reaction Score
My simple mind has already evaluated several competing outcomes with certainty. I am now going to watch things unfold and then claim I nailed it. I am also drinking before noon, so…

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Lol, I love the fact that GoKU's rep vacillates between being Makers Muppet level and Nelson level depending upon each ebb and flow of realignment news.
He is like the very nexus of this board and its history. All of our former, present, and future hope and doom has gathered about him.

Reaction Score
I still stand by UConn getting invited. Didn't think this would go into the weekend....but it's been wild.
When this is all over, are you going to divulge how you know…..

Reaction Score
the boneyard at this point

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BYU plus 3 more. Let's see what news breaks today.
My dream is any two of Washington, Oregon and Arizona.

What's yours?

Last edited:

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
When this is all over, are you going to divulge how you know…..
My guess is he has actual connects within KU. Unfortunately, his "inside info" was as valuable to us as our "connected sources" on Tobacco Road during the last ACC expansion. Their information wasn't wrong from their sources...it is just that their sources weren't fully in the loop of the actual decision makers.

Reaction Score
Still don’t understand why Ore and Wash haven’t entered the story. Waiting on a BiG offer that may not come is a lot easier in the b12 than it is in the pac.

Reaction Score
We've been through this before. If they take CO, U of A, one of Utah/ASU and us the 16 teams break down into neat regional pods of 4 (not important for football but for other sports) as follows:

East: WVU, Cincy, UCF, us.
West: BYU, U of A, Colorado, ASU/Utah
Texas: TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston
Plains: Ok State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas St.

So in hoops, you play your pod home and home and one game against the other 12. Not as important that football scheduling be as geographically based.

Not predicting any of that, but it's clear what GoKU is talking about.
Go figure a lawyer had to simplify!
Thanks. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
That's not a done deal at all. Yormark only wants 4 west schools.
Therein lies the problem with this whole thing for UConn - BY appears to be the only person in the B12 who wants us. We are very clearly the 5th, at best, choice among the schools.

We are trying to get into a conference that does not want us.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Still don’t understand why Ore and Wash haven’t entered the story. Waiting on a BiG offer that may not come is a lot easier in the b12 than it is in the pac.
If they are waiting on a B1G offer either way, might as well be in a conference in which you are the alpha and can control...and will probably dominant athletically and get a auto playoff birth every year. Versus being a in a weakened political position in the conference hierarchy in the B12 and having to battle other real athletic programs. And not to mention the academic side of things. If they are eventually going to be in the B1G and preach academic importance...is that better done with Cal and Stanford...or the academic schools in the B12?

That is likely the debate they are having as they bide their time until the B1G invite in 8 years.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I’m guessing there was enough talk to make them feel comfortable that it’s more WHEN than IF. Otherwise you’re right, they’d be scrambling.

Reaction Score
I believe it was reported last night that the B1G offered them a deal that was only a partial revenue share. I can't find the tweet now, but I remember it being from someone who was at least somewhat credible - so not the MH3/Dude crowd.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Therein lies the problem with this whole thing for UConn - BY appears to be the only person in the B12 who wants us. We are very clearly the 5th, at best, choice among the schools.

We are trying to get into a conference that does not want us.
He clarified his statement. BYU plus three others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom