Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 578 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Again: People behave strategically!

They're trying to get the ACC to give them more money.
I'm saying they're forcing the ACC to give them as little money as possible. If you tell me that nothing will keep you from leaving, I'm not cutting you a break

Reaction Score
No idea if this guy is legit but here it is

Seriously, if this goes down, it will be the biggest overpayment in the history of college sports.

They took 4 of the worst properties that NO ONE wanted to pay for back WHEN they were affiliated with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford.

All told, the B12 would have added WV, TCU, Cincy, UCF, Houston, BYU, Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado.

Added to Iowa St, Kansas St., Kansas, Baylor, Oklahoma St, and Texas Tech.

And somehow this group is going to make $50m a year.

Wow. Yormark spinning gold.

Reaction Score
Thamel reported on ESPN the Big 10 wont go to 20 with Cal and Stanford.

Reaction Score
Seriously, if this goes down, it will be the biggest overpayment in the history of college sports.

They took 4 of the worst properties that NO ONE wanted to pay for back WHEN they were affiliated with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford.

All told, the B12 would have added WV, TCU, Cincy, UCF, Houston, BYU, Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado.

Which is why I'm in the group that doesn't think that even without some of its top schools the ACC's properties are really worth less than the XII's. And, if they aren't, one day that will be reflected in conference revenue.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s gonna be kind of funny when we end up back in the ACC with the former BE football schools and a few other pieces

Or when we watch them go to an expanded B12 in ten years.

Point to any school currently having a bad go of it and I promise, our predicament is probably much worse.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So Cal and Stanford either go indy, or they keep the Pac name and invite MWC schools to get back up to 8 or 10.

Seems like they care too much about Olympic sports to have them play in the WCC.

I'd guess they'd have to invite 5 mountain west schools.

... UConn football only?!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I still have confidence GoKU has a better pulse on the B12 conference than Anthony.
I mean, so do I, but none of the three of us likely knows what will happen.

Reaction Score
If you’re contemplating a 300MM negotiated settlement, you have to ponder spending 1-2% of that on litigation. If nothing else, it might help with the negotiations.
This is a hugely interesting topic, at least to me as a Private Equity M&A lawyer. But that’s for another day and thread, while we watch the current situation play out.
Or, this new pushes AZ/ASU/Utah to the B12 and leaves us with no life raft
Why is Utah better than UConn in big 12? I fail to see the rationale there

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really strong football over a sustained period. Doesn't mean they are, but if they go, that's why.

Reaction Score

I didn't say that, but I'll give you a short answer. Football. None of CO, U of A or ASU has had any recent success on the gridiron. Utah has been. It would hardly be shocking to see the better football program, better geographical fit team. That's not saying there aren't reasons to take UConn as well, but ....

Reaction Score
I didn't say that, but I'll give you a short answer. Football. None of CO, U of A or ASU has had any recent success on the gridiron. Utah has been. It would hardly be shocking to see the better football program, better geographical fit team. That's not saying there aren't reasons to take UConn as well, but ....
Pretty remarkable all of this is being discussed and the largest tv market is basically being ignored.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We’re out. Cal, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington to B1G. Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah to Big 12.
I feel you are like the dude of WV you say everything and eventually you hit the mark and claim you knew.

No one knows anything and we might be out but each time you change your mind you lose more credibility.

Reaction Score

Good lineup of basketball schools at the moment but man that's a fugly lineup of schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom