Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 576 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
This is the beginning of the end for CFB. The B1G goes to 20 so the SEC needs to keep up. They have 16 so they need 4 more. They go to the ACC and take their prize desire of UVA, UNC, and then maybe Clemson and FSU but not sure they really care because they already have a school in each of those states. Now the ACC backfills with UConn and.....umm..... The PAC is gone, Oregon St and Wazu go to the MWC and the Big 12 just fights for survival. Maybe the SEC takes UVA and UNC from the ACC and two from the Big 12? Who knows.

All I know is that this will kill one conference entirely and gut the ACC.

Oh and CR #1 occurs and UConn is still on the outside looking in.....

That is a hell of a lot of "and then.... and then.... and then...." chill out

Reaction Score
The squeeze continues…

In fairness, he's been saying this for many many years. I don't even know if it's the same guy. But each FSU Pres. openly says "Woe is me" to the media about the ACC. It's a regular thing, and nothing ever happens.

When they say. "Trust us, we can get out of the GOR," they're really saying, "ACC, you better make a deal with us, or else." And yet... nothing ever happens.

Reaction Score
I've posted on two conferences as well.

SEC and B1G. 40 teams each. Four divisions of 10.

ESPN will have SEC properties and B1G will be FOX.

It would be more lime NFL with NFC amd AFC.

Alternate which side televises the championship.
I agree it looks like it’s heading this way. But I think this is the next step in college football splitting away from NCAA. And I think they’d be making a major mistake.

I just don’t think it will work. Not enough content. They’d be walking away from a ton of viewing eyeballs. And the vast majority of other college fans would loose interest. If these teams are playing each other and there’s nothing at stake for their team, why would they care?

Reaction Score
Yormark would take UConn. Public opinion would be Utah but we’ll see who makes the call
Commissioners rarely make the call when it comes to expansion. Tv networks and university presidents make that call.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The squeeze continues…

what are we doing here big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Reaction Score
GoKU's exact quote:

This is my last post till this is all done, which should be by Friday or early next week. I stand by what I posted. There will be 16 teams, Colorado Arizona UConn and ASU. If I'm wrong, I will be back here to own it.

Post 14177 in this thread if anyone needs confirmation.
Wow I’ve read a lot of posts since then in a relatively short amount of time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The B1G long patient game seems to be coming together ....rather stunning.

So now we add a new wrinkle to realignment. Education vs. athletics. Academic cooperation vs. athletic competition. In a universe of sanity getting Cal and Stanford would be the priority if indeed conference mates tend to support one another in academics as well as athletics as has been the supposed situation in the BIG.

If that’s not true the media has no opposition. But if true you would think the presidents would win.

Reaction Score

-> Would UConn make an immediate football splash? Of course not. But Yormark doesn’t need UConn football to be great. He doesn’t even need the Huskies to be competitive week in and week out sooner than is realistic.

He just needs UConn football to continue on a certain path. UConn, Yormark believes, has the right coach in place in Mora, who led the Huskies to a 6-7 record and a bowl appearance in 2022. Attendance at Rentschler Field increased. UConn is at least functional for the first time in a long time. The Huskies are recruiting better players out of high schools and out of the transfer portal, plucking some from Power Five programs.

There are major strides remaining for the program to make, of course. But any goals associated with Mora’s next phase of the project would be more accessible under the Big 12 umbrella and with that Power Five moniker attached to the program. Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida – three of four new additions to the Big 12, with BYU – have seen upticks in recruiting prowess. Wouldn’t UConn expect the same transformational impact and expect to function at a much higher capacity within a few years? <-

Access <<

Reaction Score
I agree it looks like it’s heading this way. But I think this is the next step in college football splitting away from NCAA. And I think they’d be making a major mistake.

I just don’t think it will work. Not enough content. They’d be walking away from a ton of viewing eyeballs. And the vast majority of other college fans would loose interest. If these teams are playing each other and there’s nothing at stake for their team, why would they care?
Yep, it's idiotic.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

-> Would UConn make an immediate football splash? Of course not. But Yormark doesn’t need UConn football to be great. He doesn’t even need the Huskies to be competitive week in and week out sooner than is realistic.

He just needs UConn football to continue on a certain path. UConn, Yormark believes, has the right coach in place in Mora, who led the Huskies to a 6-7 record and a bowl appearance in 2022. Attendance at Rentschler Field increased. UConn is at least functional for the first time in a long time. The Huskies are recruiting better players out of high schools and out of the transfer portal, plucking some from Power Five programs.

There are major strides remaining for the program to make, of course. But any goals associated with Mora’s next phase of the project would be more accessible under the Big 12 umbrella and with that Power Five moniker attached to the program. Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida – three of four new additions to the Big 12, with BYU – have seen upticks in recruiting prowess. Wouldn’t UConn expect the same transformational impact and expect to function at a much higher capacity within a few years? <-

Access <<

That’s a breath of fresh air!!!

In the meantime, sources say, Yormark thinks UConn’s addition would make the Big 12 a more enticing landing spot for programs on the move in coming years. The ACC, for instance,

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Access <<

It sounds as if Yormark in the midst of a similar process. He’s set on UConn. He’s hoping others with a say in the Big 12’s future have a transition of thought and see UConn as the best partner for years to come.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That’s a breath of fresh air!!!

In the meantime, sources say, Yormark thinks UConn’s addition would make the Big 12 a more enticing landing spot for programs on the move in coming years. The ACC, for instance,
We will give their application careful consideration. It may take some time to get to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom