Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 562 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Our theories for why this is going to work out become more and more attenuated. Aren't we at the point where just waiting to see would be just as comforting?
I’m very comfortable speculating a positive outcome.

And I’m comfortable with those in this forum who are fear based because of past experiences and the various modalities they employ as a result of it.

I’m sensitive to their situation but why do I need to feel lousy or frightened because someone else does? Rather than isolate myself I prefer to find the likeminded individuals to enjoy the ride whatever the outcome. And celebrate with the remainder if it ends positively. And commiserate if it doesn’t.

Reaction Score
I’m very comfortable speculating a positive outcome.

And I’m comfortable with those in this forum who are fear based because of past experiences and the various modalities they employ as a result of it.

I’m sensitive to their situation but why do I need to feel lousy or frightened because someone else does? Rather than isolate myself I prefer to find the likeminded individuals to enjoy the ride whatever the outcome. And celebrate with the remainder if it ends positively. And commiserate if it doesn’t.
I’m right there with ya. Well said

Reaction Score
Reasonable people can certainly disagree as to the extent Warde and Susans lack of action affected the Louisville/ACC decision, but having the AD sitting pina coladas court side at a freaking Women's basketball game while the future of our football program hung in the balance wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement towards our FBS ambitions.
I still do not understand how people think that an executive with a cell phone and an ipad is somehow unable to do their job, even at important moments, based on their physical location. For all any of us know, Warde spent 2 hours at a basketball game and 20 hours a day on the phone and online working on it. I'm not saying he did. I have no friggin clue. But for anyone who doesn't know to assume he didn't is unfair. And I say that as someone who unfortunately has worked their share of 20 hour days from a hotel room with a laptop and a cell phone.

Reaction Score
I still do not understand how people think that an executive with a cell phone and an ipad is somehow unable to do their job, even at important moments, based on their physical location. For all any of us know, Warde spent 2 hours at a basketball game and 20 hours a day on the phone and online working on it. I'm not saying he did. I have no friggin clue. But for anyone who doesn't know to assume he didn't is unfair. And I say that as someone who unfortunately has worked their share of 20 hour days from a hotel room with a laptop and a cell phone.
Sure, the image of Warde eating donuts and assuming he didn’t work is unfair. So be it. The way Jurich outclassed him though can’t be ignored by UConn fans.

Reaction Score
6 hours connecting flights and then 1 hour drive. Add 3 hours at the airport. That's 10 hours to get there.

That's my definition of not easy.
Fly out of one of the NY airports, if Boston is closer to you fly out of Logan. That's one of the good things about the northeast and traveling, things are about as convenient as it gets in terms of getting direct flights.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I have no idea what Warde did or didn't do but the optics of the situation weren't great and as a school battling the reputation of not "getting" FBS football it wasn't a great image to be cast out when Florida State, Clemson, Miami were throwing their weight around saying we didn't care about football to the ACC decision makers.

Reaction Score
I think this guy is credible… good news if true

This guy and the Altimore dude from the San Jose Mercury News have been carrying water for the PAC all spring and summer. He dismissed CU leaving straight away. Don’t consider him ‘Key’. Put him in ‘Biased’

Most reliable have been Scheer from Arizona and Marchand from NY Post although the latter doesn’t really break news and comes at it more from a media $$ perspective

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fly out of one of the NY airports, if Boston is closer to you fly out of Logan. That's one of the good things about the northeast and traveling, things are about as convenient as it gets in terms of getting direct flights.
Sure, and honestly we're talking about events here. Things you plan for, take time off from work and book a hotel. Make a long weekend of it. My point was, there are almost no casual road trips now. For me in MA and some in Eastern CT, it's PC. For those in south/west CT it could be St. Johns or Seton Hall. That's it. For football, UMass and possibly Army, but maybe we'll continue that anyway. We aren't losing something we actually have.

Edit: side point for our many fans elsewhere, like ZooCougar and you, your chances of going to meaningful games (not DePaul) may go up.

Reaction Score
If the numbers are good enough to hold a second meeting and keep Arizona in the PAC 12 for now, the numbers are good enough for me.
yeah I know. I think as UConn fans we have to hope the deal is good enough so no one else from the Pac 9 bounces which hopefully would give UConn the 14th spot. If the deal isn't good enough and Arizona leaves we would hope only Utah or only Arizona St. would leave with them so UConn get the 16th spot. The latter scenario is less desirable and gives UConn a much lesser chance of getting the invite.

I just can't trust George Kliavkoff at all. He has been really inept.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The Board of Regents meeting is going to last for half an hour. How much discussion of the media deal is going to take place in half an hour? That's why I think it's a vote.
Possibly informal. And my guess is they hold a public call tomorrow with a formal “unanimous” vote. Similar to Colorado.

Reaction Score
The Board of Regents meeting is going to last for half an hour. How much discussion of the media deal is going to take place in half an hour? That's why I think it's a vote.
Agreed. This feels like CUs public Board meeting last week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom