Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 535 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Look at the inventory. It is undervalued. So many games are out there. You got to look at total volume of people.
But again, 100k viewerships for ten times is not as valuable as 1-million viewers once. The larger audiences pull in more revenue per ads.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think you misinterpreted what I meant.
I love our football team. I would kill for UConn to go to the Big XII. But I’m not delusional. It’s painfully obvious that our supposed “in” as Colorado’s partner was a fantasy. And without a Big XII invite we’re not surviving long-term. The university just simply won’t choose to hemorrhage money forever.
Dude, none of that is obvious at all. We had a horrible stretch with three coaches. But we also jumped straight from FCS to BCS level FBS and won right away. Nobody has ever done that. We fixed the coaching. Football will be fine. We were once top 20 in the country in putting guys in the NFL. Ahead of many SEC and Big XII schools.

Realignment is a long game. UConn may still be in with Colorado or with UA and ASU. I don’t buy reports of Oregon moving, let alone Washington. Let’s wait and let it play out. If not now, chances will come again.

Reaction Score
I agree basketball inventory is undervalued, but the real revenue opportunity is to eliminate the cut the NCAA gets from the NCAA Tournament. And, the womens’s tournament is way undervalued and it will probably be sold on its own going forward.
If the NCAA used the CFP instead of March Madness to subsidize the rest of college athletics, we would be the most valuable brand in the country between the men’s and women’s program. I hate when people (generalizing here) say that CFB generates more money than NCAAB because that’s just patently false. CFB generates less revenue, but the conferences keep 100% of it

Reaction Score
If the NCAA used the CFP instead of March Madness to subsidize the rest of college athletics, we would be the most valuable brand in the country between the men’s and women’s program. I hate when people (generalizing here) say that CFB generates more money than NCAAB because that’s just patently false. CFB generates less revenue, but the conferences keep 100% of it

CFB generates more revenue with less programs involved. Even though the schools are getting screwed with March Madness money, no need to downplay football that much.

Reaction Score
You have numbers for this?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at the inventory. It is undervalued. So many games are out there. You got to look at total volume of people.
Agree the gap in pay isn’t reflective of the gap in total advertising dollars. They are chasing scarcity. There aren’t enough big football games.

People were stunned at the Big XII deal. It has, honestly, almost no big football games now unless a couple teams really exceed expectations. So what did he sell? Competitive games in football, strong fan bases and huge inventory of big games in basketball. More than any other league. BYU was reportedly quite important as it has a huge base of fans who will probably now follow the league generally (as we do with Big East games).

Colorado captures a top 20 market growing rapidly and a rising hoop team and football team with lots of interest. Both UConn and Arizona fit with what they are selling as a vision. UConn broadens the scope a bit, has more upside and UA is safer. Let’s see what they do.

Reaction Score
IMG_0864.jpeg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My feelin, I don’t know why, is that Fox values UConn. They already have them with Big East.
I think Fox knows that UConn is worth far more than what they are paying for UConn in the BE and, more importantly, that our value is further strengthened by being in the Big12 with other brands/state schools that have larger fan bases than the BE schools. Probably why we heard months ago that both Fox and ESPN approve of UConn even though we're not currently in a P5 conference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If the queen had balls she'd be the king.

Reaction Score
UConn isn’t. Being used as a prop. These guys aren’t incredible negotiators who put pressure on. Everything we have see. Has been at face value. BY wants UCOnn. Big 12 fans, who have an inferiority complex with SEC, don’t.

I think the closer you are to BY, the more you are accepting of UConn.

As far as next scenario, Arizona is next target. If Arizona comes, they are 14 for obvious reasons. But, I think they need to bring Arizona State. I think UConn is either 14 or 16.
This journalist may need an editor. :)

ESLNKY03

ESLNKY
Reaction Score
Bookies.com now has Arizona Utah and UConn as the favored schools. If I was a betting man, wouldn't put my money on Utah.

If AZ is 14, we’re 15/16…who’s your money on for 16/15??!

Reaction Score
If the queen had balls she'd be the king.
Reminds me of what we were taught in Artillery Officer Candidate School. "When the Queen (of Battle, Infantry) yells, the King (of Battle, Artillery) puts his balls where she wants them".

Reaction Score
But again, 100k viewerships for ten times is not as valuable as 1-million viewers once. The larger audiences pull in more revenue per ads.
You are right.But, the volume matters. These channels need content During the week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom