Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 534 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I think you misinterpreted what I meant.
I love our football team. I would kill for UConn to go to the Big XII. But I’m not delusional. It’s painfully obvious that our supposed “in” as Colorado’s partner was a fantasy. And without a Big XII invite we’re not surviving long-term. The university just simply won’t choose to hemorrhage money forever.
Can you wait till Friday before you freak out?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Just because odds makers have UConn 5th, certainly doesn't mean the Big 12 does.
If your take pans out, I will take you for a great fishing trip on Long Island Sound aboard the Selena K. Beer and food included. I'll even fillet your fish and bag it up. When the invite comes, you name the beer and your favorite lunch. My first mate is a chef.
Now show me the money. Then let's go fishing. My boat will gassed up and ready.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
At the time it seemed like it was Edsall or more Diaco. Not really in my worst case scenario did I expect Edsall to remarkably be worse. Just awful but in retrospect seemed like we were in between a rock in and a hard place.
I don’t think anyone saw edsall be as horrifically bad as he was. I know the bar was low for him but he quite literally could not have been worse

Reaction Score
So many of these “opinions” are base on click-baiting tweeters and fan bases that don’t like us. Like Duke haters. The only fan base that we need to like us is our own because it drives attendance and viewers. Other fan bases trashing us is good, because we keep beating them and they keep coming and hoping to beat us, which won’t happen. Carries over to football, if they can’t beat us in hoops then at least they try to beat us in football. And Mora builds that beast up.
Unless you a scared AD like BCU, you realize rivalries are great for all parties.

Reaction Score
He’s not dangling UConn and putting us at risk to not get us into the conference. He’s interested in the northeast and basketball and he’s assessed UConn brings both.

Moot point as far as I’m concerned. The situation is fixed and it’s just a matter of finding who is number four to go with Colorado, UConn and Arizona and what order they want to have announced. Their just getting the details completed.

This is the way! I have spoken!
the game has always been that the b12 would take PAC schools first, the delusion was that it was any different from this.

Reaction Score
So many of these “opinions” are base on click-baiting tweeters and fan bases that don’t like us. Like Duke haters. The only fan base that we need to like us is our own because it drives attendance and viewers. Other fan bases trashing us is good, because we keep beating them and they keep coming and hoping to beat us, which won’t happen. Carries over to football, if they can’t beat us in hoops then at least they try to beat us in football. And Mora builds that beast up.
Unless you a scared AD like BCU, you realize rivalries are great for all parties.
Not as hated as Duke but probably not as respected either.

Reaction Score
UNLV football is not a big draw in Vegas. That town is Golden Knights, Raiders, [ocean-sized gap], UNLV.
The Knights and raiders are new. And look who UNLV currently plays in the Mountain West.
The draw would be other larger fan bases coming to town to see their team play and enjoy a few nights on the town. Probably wouldn’t be much of a home field advantage for UNLV but would make some green. Why do you think B1G took Rutgers and Maryland?

Reaction Score
Here is my thing. UConn FB has 12 dates a year. UConn men and women’s hoops have 70 games a year.

Basketball is massively undervalued in current landscape Of college sports. They don’t get football ratings per game, but they get a lot of eyeballs in volume.

Especially the rising popularity and growth in the women’s game. I think men’s hoops will undergo a resurgence soon and the women’s sports have some of the most popular athletes in the United States. I would say hoops is a bargain for TV executives at this point.

Reaction Score
Coach P and Diaco sucked, killed any momentum the program had. Hiring back the snake was the worst thing the school ever did though. The guy should've been banished after he quit on his players and left in his plane for his dream school. That looked like the school threw in the towel. It's amazing they were able to hire Mora after that. Dave Benedict has done a seriously good job turning things around.
That was such scumbag move by Edsall especially after he made Todman tell everyone in the locker room he was leaving. That aside though, I just hated the hire. I didn't want a retread. I actually thought that Diaco, as bad as he was in his last year, was not going to be fired. I remember thinking Benedict, who was just hired as AD, was going to give some speech to the fans about being patient and trusting the process, blah, blah, blah because money was tight for UConn.

When Benedict fired Diaco I was pleasantly surprised and thought "wow this new guy from Auburn means business and he ain't messing around and he will build UConn football". I remember eagerly waiting anticipating UConn hiring a young, bright, innovative sharp mind with out of the box ideas to bring football back. When I went to ESPN.com months later looking for baseball content I caught the headline on the homepage that UConn hired Edsall. I can't put into enough words how deflating that was-it was a punch to the gut.

I know Benedict got pressure by donors to hire Edsall, according to many on here on the Boneyard, so I don't blame Benedict-I think he is doing a really job.

Reaction Score
That was such scumbag move by Edsall especially after he made Todman tell everyone in the locker room he was leaving. That aside though, I just hated the hire. I didn't want a retread. I actually thought that Diaco, as bad as he was in his last year, was not going to be fired. I remember thinking Benedict, who was just hired as AD, was going to give some speech to the fans about being patient and trusting the process, blah, blah, blah because money was tight for UConn.

When Benedict fired Diaco I was pleasantly surprised and thought "wow this new guy from Auburn means business and he ain't messing around and he will build UConn football". I remember eagerly waiting anticipating UConn hiring a young, bright, innovative sharp mind with out of the box ideas to bring football back. When I went to ESPN.com months later looking for baseball content I caught the headline on the homepage that UConn hired Edsall. I can't put into enough words how deflating that was-it was a punch to the gut.

I know Benedict got pressure by donors to hire Edsall, according to many on here on the Boneyard, so I don't blame Benedict-I think he is doing a really job.
There is no doubt AD Dave for pressured into hiring Edsall. It was one of the worst hires even worse than coach Red Pants. There were so many other options available, but we ended to with Edsall.

I remember feeling sick when I saw that on the news. I tried to accept it at first even though I never liked Edsall 1.0 and his boring ass offense. I was hoping he learned some stuff while at Maryland. I was hoping he learned a new offensive philosophy.

It was obvious after year 1 he was way over his head. UConn should should fired him after year 1 of the second stint.

Reaction Score
The Knights and raiders are new. And look who UNLV currently plays in the Mountain West.
The draw would be other larger fan bases coming to town to see their team play and enjoy a few nights on the town. Probably wouldn’t be much of a home field advantage for UNLV but would make some green. Why do you think B1G took Rutgers and Maryland?
The Knights are HUGE in Vegas. The locals absolutely love them, ever since day one. In the original scenario (CU, UConn, UA, UNLV) , selecting UNLV over any one of ASU, Utah, Oregon, Washington, or SDSU, unless every single one declined, would be malpractice by BY.

UNLV is absolutely not comparable to Rutgers or Maryland.

Reaction Score
Honestly this entire section of the BY should be shut down. We’ve talked ourselves into a wild scenario that’s clearly never going to happen. I give our football team 3-5 more years before they kill it.
Youre Weak Alec Baldwin GIF

Reaction Score
He had Locksley as OC at MD. Probably not by choice. If you had Diaco defense with Lashlee offense, likely would have been more successful even with the players at the time. Is RE the only coach to leave by choice? Would have been decent of him and respectful of him to say goodbye but he was hired away which says something.

Reaction Score
Here is my thing. UConn FB has 12 dates a year. UConn men and women’s hoops have 70 games a year.

Basketball is massively undervalued in current landscape Of college sports. They don’t get football ratings per game, but they get a lot of eyeballs in volume.

Especially the rising popularity and growth in the women’s game. I think men’s hoops will undergo a resurgence soon and the women’s sports have some of the most popular athletes in the United States. I would say hoops is a bargain for TV executives at this point.

I don’t think basketball is that undervalued as far as tv goes. There are only a handful of non-March basketball games that even approach an average football game in viewership. It’s not really an additive thing. 10 100k watched games is not as valuable as 1 million viewers for a single game.

It’s the NCAA tournament however that is undervalued. Or at least the money is not distributed in a fair way to the schools. Until that puzzle is solved, basketball programs will get the short end of the stick compared to football.

Reaction Score
I don’t think basketball is that undervalued as far as tv goes. There are only a handful of non-March basketball games that even approach an average football game in viewership. It’s not really an additive thing. 10 100k watched games is not as valuable as 1 million viewers for a single game.

It’s the NCAA tournament however that is undervalued. Or at least the money is not distributed in a fair way to the schools. Until that puzzle is solved, basketball programs will get the short end of the stick compared to football.
Look at the inventory. It is undervalued. So many games are out there. You got to look at total volume of people.

Reaction Score
Look at the inventory. It is undervalued. So many games are out there. You got to look at total volume of people.
I agree basketball inventory is undervalued, but the real revenue opportunity is to eliminate the cut the NCAA gets from the NCAA Tournament. And, the womens’s tournament is way undervalued and it will probably be sold on its own going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom