Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 507 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m completely nuts, but I continue to be optimistic. The most realistic scenario in my mind from the start was Colorado commits first and then we receive an offer to join them. This establishes a Northeast presence for the Big 12 that the other Pac 12 options don’t provide.

It’s now believed that Colorado will join. Why are people becoming more negative? I don’t get it. We might not get the offer, but I think today’s events have increased our chances materially.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m completely nuts, but I continue to be optimistic. The most realistic scenario in my mind from the start was Colorado commits first and then we receive an offer to join them. This establishes a Northeast presence for the Big 12 that the other Pac 12 options don’t provide.

It’s now believed that Colorado will join. Why are people becoming more negative? I don’t get it. We might not get the offer, but I think today’s events have increased our chances materially.
UConn fans ... especially football, have been through a lot this past decade. Probably worried about being leap frogged.

GG

Reaction Score
This could get interesting. Possible Big 12 goes to 16 with Colorado/UConn/Arizona/Arizona State.
Does that mean UCONN has to wait to see what ASU and AZ do? What about the Oregon State recent rumors?

Reaction Score
This could get interesting. Possible Big 12 goes to 16 with Colorado/UConn/Arizona/Arizona State.
If true, then hopefully to 18 or 20 someday when the ACC falls apart. We are gonna hate being on an island for 10 years.

I would not be surprised to see the B1G, SEC and Big XII go for full blown east/west divisions at 18. 8 divisional games, 2 cross divisional to maintain any rivalries that get lost and 2 OOC games.

Reaction Score
“If the rest of the Pac-12 holds together and doesn’t follow Colorado, Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark would like to target American Athletic Conference football and Big East basketball member Connecticut. There is belief within the conference that Yormark is far more enamored with the Huskies than other members, but that he would have gained further credibility and trust by delivering Colorado. Thus the Big 12 could sign off on pursuit of UConn, a basketball gold mine in the northeast but a football underachiever over the last decade.”
Pat Forde changed the above paragraph. It now reads:

If the rest of the Pac-12 holds together and doesn’t follow Colorado, Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark would like to target Big East basketball member and football independent Connecticut. There is belief within the conference that Yormark is far more enamored with the Huskies than other members. “There is some work to do on studying UConn,” a Big 12 source cautions.

But Yormark might have gained further credibility and trust by delivering Colorado. That could empower his pitch to pursue UConn, a basketball gold mine in the northeast but a football underachiever over the last decade.

Reaction Score

You either become the most hated or most liked person in BY by the closing of this thread.

Alison Brie What GIF

Reaction Score
If true, then hopefully to 18 or 20 someday when the ACC falls apart. We are gonna hate being on an island for 10 years.

I would not be surprised to see the B1G, SEC and Big XII go for full blown east/west divisions at 18. 8 divisional games, 2 cross divisional to maintain any rivalries that get lost and 2 OOC games.
I think when the ACC GOR is vulnerable, the B1G, SEC and Big 12 go to 20.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think we are clearly a backup plan.
To clarify (as it angered someone), Forde made it sound like we would only be considered if nobody else (P-12 schools) would be willing to join Colorado. My response was that we are not a backup plan, we will receive serious consideration and will be ahead of some of the potential P-12 schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's naming mastergolfguy's golfing partner as his source
Wait mastergolfguy's golfing partner is a high-ranking member of the UConn administration?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom