Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 477 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Poor SDSU.

I can see it now, a few minutes after they hit send, notifying the MWC that they are not leaving the conference and that the conference cannot (in SDSU's opinion) view the prior notification as a formal withdrawal from the conference the phone will ring. It will be the PAC saying "We have great news!"

Reaction Score
Poor SDSU.

I can see it now, a few minutes after they hit send, notifying the MWC that they are not leaving the conference and that the conference cannot (in SDSU's opinion) view the prior notification as a formal withdrawal from the conference the phone will ring. It will be the PAC saying "We have great news!"

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
If B12 gets to add Cincy's 2, they don't get to keep Texas' 1. So 16>13. Or soon will be anyway. When does Texas officially leave?
Yeah, Texas doesn’t leave for another year, so I figured I’d be generous and count their 1986 women’s title (actually earned in the SWC) in the tally until then. As you note, either way UConn has more. 16 > either 13 or 14.

(Since this may not have been clear to everyone, I counted all the national titles ever won by the Big 12’s 2023–24 membership, regardless of what conference those schools belonged to when their titles were won. I did not want to mess with several things like: whether the old Big 8 should count, whether the old SWC should count, finding titles to add back like Texas A&M’s in 2011, and needing to look up ancient stuff like Oklahoma A&M’s conference membership when it won in 1945 and 1946.

With that understanding, I stand by my top-of-my-head calculations. I don’t think I missed anything.

All that said, it should have been blindingly obvious to anyone that we were talking about basketball championships. The preceding posts make that apparent, and if we’d been talking about all sports, the total numbers in the teens would have been preposterous. Clearly.)

GG

Reaction Score
A potentially significant day for UConn. SDSU is no longer a possible competitor for a Big 12 spot. And the PAC 12 remains intact, at least for now.
Not certain we can say the PAC stays intact yet.

Reaction Score
I do worry about the stability of the Big 12 were we to go there if the Pac 12 recovers its footing, financially and prestige wise
They just had their guts ripped out. Prestige isn't on the radar at this point.

Reaction Score
Both conferences had just had their guts ripped out.

It's assumed at this point that Oregon and Washington and maybe even Stanford will eventually be in the B1G, maybe even soon. Given that, the B12 is likely to be more stable going forward, at least that is the prevailing thought.

Reaction Score
Both conferences had just had their guts ripped out.
The Big 12 announcement happened 2 years ago and new teams are coming in already. But the legal definition of "just" is up for various motions and expert witnesses may be called.

Reaction Score
It's assumed at this point that Oregon and Washington and maybe even Stanford will eventually be in the B1G, maybe even soon. Given that, the B12 is likely to be more stable going forward, at least that is the prevailing thought.
The Big 12 announcement happened 2 years ago and new teams are coming in already. But the legal definition of "just" is up for various motions and expert witnesses may be called.
Big 12 is much more stable than the ACC or the PAC 12. Both those leagues have their marquee teams searching for a way out.

Reaction Score
UA and ASU are seperate markets. Tucson and Phoenix. Also, the rivalry is great and keeping them together adds value.

But we should be ahead of Utah by any metric.
The question is which is more valuable:
UConn and one Arizona school or
two Arizona schools.

I think UConn and one Arizona school is more valuable.

There are of course other possibilities, but if it comes down to the choices I listed above I like UConn's chances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom