Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 452 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Geno coached multiple Olympic winning teams. Those games were televised worldwide. In Australia, the folks that commented on my UConn shirt knew Geno. I'm sure Alabama college football doesn't have a fraction of the reach.
This is just ignorant. No person in the history of televised sports has remembered the women’s basketball coach of another nations team that’s on TV once every 4 years at most. Stop hyperinflating the reach of women’s basketball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is just ignorant. No person in the history of televised sports has remembered the women’s basketball coach of another nations team that’s on TV once every 4 years at most. Stop hyperinflating the reach of women’s basketball.
Well, I know of two people in Australia that did. So you're wrong there. I'm not hyperinflating anything. What are you getting out of marginalizing women's basketball?

Reactions: Jds

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well, I know of two people in Australia that did. So you're wrong there. I'm not hyperinflating anything. What are you getting out of marginalizing women's basketball?
Can you name three people who coached a women's Olympic basketball team that was not the US team?

Reaction Score
Memphis takes sports seriously and supports its teams. That is good enough for me. I never minded playing Memphis.
Memphis was worse than us at football for a very very long time

Reaction Score
I’m thrilled that 2 people in Australia watch Olympic women’s basketball. Not sure what that has to do with conference realignment. And calling that out isn’t marginalizing anything. Nobody disputes we’re the greatest to ever do it. But it doesn’t mean jack to most of the country. If you want to have an honest conversation about the drivers of conference realignment, you can’t say ridiculous stuff like Geno is more famous than Nick Saban. It’s not true and it’s irrelevant. Our women’s basketball team will have pretty much zero to do with whether we get an invite to a P5 or not. And saying otherwise just exposes your own biases.

Reaction Score
Agreed, and the schools will facilitate obtaining required passports. Latter, similar to UConn for this summer’s hoop trip to Europe (edit).
I think the issue I can see occuring is that the euro trip is planned. For a bowl game, you won't know you need a passport until you get selected for that bowl. There's not a whole lot of time in-between

Reaction Score
I think the issue I can see occuring is that the euro trip is planned. For a bowl game, you won't know you need a passport until you get selected for that bowl. There's not a whole lot of time in-between
Zero issue. State Dept absolutely prioritizes, and expedites as needed.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much you’ve lived in or traveled across Asia, but generally interest in women’s basketball is negligible compared even with Europe. More in hyper sport-focused Australia where netball is still played than in most actual Asian nations, but still not a big % of female Aussies.

That said, no surprise Aussie sport shows likely featured Auriemma before and during Olympics. Similarly, no surprise 2 Aussie hoop fans might recall him seeing a UConn shirt. Different than in most of Asia, but big personality, wee bit successful impresses in Oz.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the PAC is having trouble securing the money they desire? Somehow Yormark was able to secure a good contract.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball is known internationally. Auriemma is pulling players from all around the world and all of them have wanted to be Connecticut players from a young age. I don't know that that means anything regarding conference realignment, but that doesn't make it not a thing.

Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball is known internationally. Auriemma is pulling players from all around the world and all of them have wanted to be Connecticut players from a young age. I don't know that that means anything regarding conference realignment, but that doesn't make it not a thing.
won't be a long term thing though. As much as I like Geno he will retire eventually. Either case, womens basketball isn't getting us into the B12.

CL82

Reaction Score
won't be a long term thing though. As much as I like Geno he will retire eventually. Either case, womens basketball isn't getting us into the B12.
Pretty sure that no one, anywhere, ever, said that UConn woman's basketball was going to get the university into the big 12, but thank you for acknowledging the obvious.

Regarding whether people will remember the fact that the University of Connecticut is the most successful women's basketball program of all time, by a fairly wide margin, once Geno retires, I suspect that they will. Has anyone forgotten that the University of Tennessee had a good woman's program?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that no one, anywhere, ever, said that UConn woman's basketball was going to get the university into the big 12, but thank you for acknowledging the obvious.

Regarding whether people will remember the fact that the University of Connecticut is the most successful women's basketball program of all time, by a fairly wide margin, once Jeanne retires, I suspect that they will. Has anyone forgotten that the University of Tennessee had a good woman's program?
Who is Jeanne?

CL82

Reaction Score
Who is Jeanne?

Or, if you prefer...

ghows-LK-d8c94bfd-2059-4307-82f5-a36526836759-9c3c53a1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zero change, just inching closer to reports regarding this year's pre-7/1 deadlines for Pac 12 schools and SDSU to inform their respective conferences of any conference departure plans. Wa who!

Reaction Score
Who knows or has thought out the pros and cons of the PAC staying together in its entirety and how it would affect UConn and SDSU?

Reaction Score
Geno coached multiple Olympic winning teams. Those games were televised worldwide. In Australia, the folks that commented on my UConn shirt knew Geno. I'm sure Alabama college football doesn't have a fraction of the reach.
I had a similar experience in Montreal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom