Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 430 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Posters on those ACC Board realignment threads watching UConn get the potential callup...

monkey-funny.gif
@king conn Like/Handle

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How about the Ivy League and we get paid in endowment money? Not likely, huh? There is the CAA.
Way to dodge the issue with a garbage reply.

Show me a realistic model where UConn makes more in a 20-team B12 than in a 12-team B12 and then we can converse like adults.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
My understanding is the B12 can add P5 schools pro-rata, but G5 get lesser shares. The million $ question is if UConn gets P5 $.
KSU reporter suggests UConn approved for full share. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Not that the poster has much credibility, but over in the non-key tweets, this popped up:

"MH ver3@MH ver3
·-
Bigger news is that Espn and Fox have agreed to pro-rata for UConn in all sports if AZ doesn’t pan out."

If this is accurate, it might indicate UConn is getting P5 treatment for this purpose (as well we should based on UConn's status as the flagship university of a state with 3.6 million residents, no pro sports teams save a WNBA club, and with a ludicrously good basketball pedigree).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whenever someone acts like ESPN cares about us at all, and that us being in the same state is at all relevant, I take it as a sign that they are just making things up.
It's a commonly held, no 100% incorrect, perception.

Reaction Score
Whenever someone acts like ESPN cares about us at all, and that us being in the same state is at all relevant, I take it as a sign that they are just making things up.

I am sure Pat Summit thought we had an advantage. The taxpayers certainly know the truth

Reaction Score
Sounds like they are using UConn as a threat to AZ. If you won’t join and leave ASU behind we will move on. Just need to give UConn the thumbs up and your chances are gone.

Reaction Score
If we want UConn to get a big annual payday, why would we want to split the prize with more and more schools, especially if not in one of the big 2 conferences? There will be a limit on how big of a media deal can be reached by the B12 regardless of how big it might grow, and adding more schools simply dilutes any impact and benefit of moving there. I'm dubious as to whether these last four B12 additions even help the B12's standing vis a vis media $.

My hope is still that there's another solution that works both financially and geographically. I have no idea what that is, but I like having rivalries.
Right now there are two power conferences, two on life support and one that’s teetering on being a hunter after being the hunted.

If any school leaves PAC for Big 12, PAC is dead. Big 12 immediately becomes 3rd Power Conference.

ACC couldn’t be a better example of Shrodingers Cat. It’s alive, but it’s dead at the same time. Once the GOR is open, SEC and Big are going to pluck the value schools.

With luck UConn will have spent last decade building its program and maybe it’s value to Big is finally realized.

If the BIG and SEC are at 20, I don’t see how Big 12 stays at 14 or 16. Especially if it can grab P5 schools with strong AD’s that don’t fit sec or Big geography

Reaction Score

Fans of other schools don't get it, or like it, but UConn is an exception because of our brand. And that we were in a BCS conference. Just like we were (are?) an exception in football scheduling and counted as a P5. It is a unique situation because the Big East has been called a P6 basketball conference and we are independent in football.

Reaction Score
Fans of other schools don't get it, or like it, but UConn is an exception because of our brand. And that we were in a BCS conference. Just like we were (are?) an exception in football scheduling and counted as a P5. It is a unique situation because the Big East has been called a P6 basketball conference and we are independent in football.
We have never been a G5 school. We were in a BCS conference, and our athletic budget is on par with many P5 schools. Our academic reputation along with being a state flagship in addition to being in major media markets certainly differentiates us from many schools across the country including many that are currently in the P2, B12, and the little 2.

Reaction Score
We have never been a G5 school. We were in a BCS conference, and our athletic budget is on par with many P5 schools. Our academic reputation along with being a state flagship in addition to being in major media markets certainly differentiates us from many schools across the country including many that are currently in the P2, B12, and the little 2.
Can't continue to let the haters define us. Got to market ourselves better. Obviously, Championship is a great is a launching point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom