Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 421 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
We want the GOR to be broken. Just after we are already in. No way we make the move without assurance that there will be more east coast additions.
Just after is fine.

Reaction Score
I assure you I am not the person who gives this board its reputation.

@Stinger, lying is bad for you.

Explain lying please? Many accusations and no facts there Ms. Murphy. The fruit does not fall far from the tree.

Reaction Score
Only folks not realizing that the Big 12 is set to outpace the ACC and PAC going forward without Texas and Oklahoma could oppose this move. The early results for the Big 12 post UT/OU were very good.

Plus with Apple TV rumored to be willing to finance the PAC12 will Amazon and other streaming services be far behind? Factor in the rise of legalized gambling and the financial future for P5 football is actually very bright. Look no further than the angst of the ACC schools, they are not worried about their financial future, they are actually ticked off by how underpaid they are, the market value of their product has increased so much that the TV contract they signed stinks for them and is a big win for ESPN.

UCONN just needs to secure a seat at the table and the money will start flowing in. (ticket sales and TV revenue).

I have to believe Dan Hurley's agent is very excited about UCONN possibly joining the B12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was just thinking about the market for the ACC. If the market is really much higher than what they are getting, they could all sign on to dissolve the ACC and immediately form a new conference. Then see what they could get. I think it would have to be much more than the Big 12. If that wouldn't work, all vote to dissolve and let the non-P2 remnants reorg with some new key additions. I would really like to see what the market would be. It's a free country so if they really believe they are worth more, go get it.

all things being equal the ACC is certainly more valuable than the new B12, and yet the new B12 will be making more, which is why the ACC schools are livid.

Imagine UCF with more tv revenue than FSU and Clemson. That's the grievance. People think the top ACC schools are mad that they don't make as much as Bama and can't compete, but that's not really the main reason, what really makes their heads explode is UCF eventually making more,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
all things being equal the ACC is certainly more valuable than the new B12, and yet the new B12 will be making more, which is why the ACC schools are livid.

Imagine UCF with more tv revenue than FSU and Clemson. That's the grievance. People think the top ACC schools are mad that they don't make as much as Bama and can't compete, but that's not really the reason, what really ticks them off is UCF making more,
Yes, but imagine FSU not wanting UCF in the ACC and also signing a long term deal. Actually we don't have to imagine that.

Reaction Score

Imagine UCF with more tv revenue than FSU and Clemson. That's the grievance. People think the top ACC schools are mad that they don't make as much as Bama and can't compete, but that's not really the main reason, what really makes their heads explode is UCF eventually making more,
I deleted and was retyping my reply. I don't have edit privileges so I have to delete. If they, including FSU and Clemson, are truly more valuable, they can go to market and get paid. Unless there is no way they can even vote to dissolve the conference.

We repeatedly hear that UConn doesn't add enough value but I really don't think there is a way to quantify even a rough estimate of what UConn would bring, especially when Jim Mora and Co. start winning bowl games.

Reaction Score

Believe it or not, the TV ratings don't say that the ACC deserves more than the Big 12 and they certainly don't say they should get paid more than the Big 10 or SEC.

Look at the conference football championship ratings last year:

Big 12 Championship: Kansas St. vs TCU 9.41 million viewers

ACC Championship: Clemson vs North Carolina. 3.47 million viewers

Look at week 12 TV ratings. (I'm picking games that don't involve Texas and Oklahoma.). TCU/Baylor at noon on FOX had 4.35 million viewers and Miami/Clemson had 1.14 million viewers at 3:30 PM on ESPN.

How about week 10? Texas Tech/TCU had 2.51 million viewers and FSU/Miami had 1.50 million viewers.

Week 6, Clemson/BC on ABC prime time Saturday night 1.93 million viewers vs. Texas Tech/Oklahoma St. 1.63 million at 3:30 on FS1(!) 1.63 million.

And, with he arrival of the ACC Network, the ACC has less inventory to air on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU. The Big 12 has no conference network, so almost all of their inventory is available to the ESPN/FOX networks.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, the TV ratings don't say that the ACC deserves more than the Big 12 and they certainly don't say they should get paid more than the Big 10 or SEC.

Look at the conference football championship ratings last year:

Big 12 Championship: Kansas St. vs TCU 9.41 million viewers

ACC Championship: Clemson vs North Carolina. 3.47 million viewers

Look at week 12 TV ratings. (I'm picking games that don't involve Texas and Oklahoma.). TCU/Baylor at noon on FOX had 4.35 million viewers and Miami/Clemson had 1.14 million viewers at 3:30 PM on ESPN.

How about week 10? Texas Tech/TCU had 2.51 million viewers and FSU/Miami had 1.50 million viewers.

Week 6, Clemson/BC on ABC prime time Saturday night 1.93 million viewers vs. Texas Tech/Oklahoma St. 1.63 million at 3:30 on FS1(!) 1.63 million.

And, with he arrival of the ACC Network, the ACC has less inventory to air on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU. The Big 12 has no conference network, so almost all of their inventory is available to the ESPN/FOX networks.

TCU was undefeated and ranked near the top which generates attention. Good call though, that does show how strong the B12 is even after losing their top two programs.

I still believe if both leagues went to market at the same time the ACC would get more money, but that is just a guess. I might be wrong.

Reaction Score

Another newbie? New B12

Reaction Score
The ACC has another problem- ABC/ESPN now has the entire SEC inventory, including Texas and Oklahoma. The SEC will dominate the ABC and ESPN lineups. ACC games will mostly be relegated to ESPN 2 and ESPN U. This will further erode viewership.

Reaction Score
Not directed at the OP

…how strong the B12 is even after losing their top two programs…

We need to define top programs. If we hold Texas and Oklahoma to same last 10-12 year standard many folks apply to UConn football, then they are both not top 2 in their league. Viewership, possibly, I have not researched.

For football, since 2010 Texas has had 5 losing seasons and the best they have finished is 2nd in the B12 in just two years. Oklahoma has fared much better in the B12, only one losing season. No National Championships for either team in this time frame. UConn surprisingly (lol) no national championships.

Mens basketball, since 2010 UConn has 3 national championships, Tx and Ok have ZERO.

Women’s basketball, since 2010 UConn has 5 national championships, Tx Ok have ZERO.

So how do you define a top program? I’d like to run this as a blind taste test, anyone have ideas who would get the most votes? I do! I may put this out on twitter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom