Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 311 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was a lifelong Patriot and Steeler fan up until that debacle. Kraft toyed with my greatest sports passion (UConn). I had visions of sharing a pro size Stadium with them. When CT offered him the farm and he eventually balked and went back to Mass, that signaled the end of my Pats fandom. I was used and didn't like it. I swore I'd never root for them again as long as Kraft was the owner. It's been a long time and my hatred continues to ratchet up every year. At this point I could never go back to rooting for them. the cheating Pats & their owner.
Ironically, Kraft probably helped UConn.

For one thing, in looking at the rendering, there is no room for parking (i.e. no room for tailgating, which has become the highlight for many of the game day experience), had a stadium been built on Adrian's Landing. For another, Downtown is another 5 of travel by car and 10-15 minutes to find parking. Finally, Imagine how the optics would look for UConn attendance in an NFL sized stadium? Instead of 70% capacity, They be lucky to push 40%. And the Stadium would be cavernous.
750x422

Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These are really just small time yokels not used to the world stage.

Why would you say that to anyone?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Ironically, Kraft probably helped UConn.
750x422
You are probably 100% correct. And maybe things would have changed after the fact and made it more palatable compared to the spaciousness we currently have. As you read, my initial objection was just being used.
I have to say, though, that the rendering is pretty cool looking. Kind of a funky design on the stadium. It's got a little style to it. The Rent is pretty plain as far as stadiums go. Interesting shop/restaurant complex over I-91. I wouldn't have done it, but taking a water taxi to the stadium would be cool. Could ride straight up & down the CT river.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 6h6 hours ago
Big 12's Bob Bowlsby today on expansion process: "It may not have yielded what some wanted, but it was a very thorough process."

Bowlsby says extending grant of rights “It isn’t on the table for anybody." With nobody wanting to extend TV deal, no need to extend GOR.

No need for an extension of GOR is not the same as Texas' position of NOT wanting to extend GOR. Horns want to keep all options open.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 5h5 hours ago
Bob Bowlsby given a chance to blast what's been written about the league: "I don’t read the good stuff, and I don’t read the bad stuff."

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 8h8 hours ago
NCAA President Mark Emmert says he would prefer an 8-team CFB Playoff so all Power 5 conference champions are guaranteed a bid

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 4h4 hours ago
B1G commish Jim Delany asked if @CFBPlayoff committee got the 4 teams right? “I think it did."

B1G commish Jim Delany said television did not dictate B1G play on Friday nights. It was league's decision

B1G commish Jim Delany: "Too much ice cream is not good. Too many playoff games is not good.” Not sure, I agree w/too much ice cream comment

B1G commish Jim Delany said there is no “look in” to expand @CFBPlayoffs after 6 years before 2020 season

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3h3 hours ago
B1G commish Jim Delany, when told NCAA President Mark Emmert prefers an 8-team CFBPlayoff:
"Everyone has an opinion. He doesn't have a vote though."

John Janda ‏@jJandbytheGram 2h2 hours ago
John Janda Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Was he asks about his previous comments of conference champs should be in the playoffs?

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago
@jJandbytheGram Yes, he has referenced that several times. That he “lost that election"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott doesn’t expect Power 5 expansion “for foreseeable future. When might it happen again? Perhaps when TV contracts are up"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott on 16-team conferences: “I think it’s likely, I don’t know timeframe"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott hints to watch out when Pac-12 football/hoops TV rights expire in 2024. “We’ll be in a very unique position"

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 8h8 hours ago
NCAA President Mark Emmert says he would prefer an 8-team CFB Playoff so all Power 5 conference champions are guaranteed a bid

B1G commish Jim Delany asked if @CFBPlayoff committee got the 4 teams right? “I think it did."

B1G commish Jim Delany said television did not dictate B1G play on Friday nights. It was league's decision

B1G commish Jim Delany: "Too much ice cream is not good. Too many playoff games is not good.” Not sure, I agree w/too much ice cream comment

B1G commish Jim Delany said there is no “look in” to expand @CFBPlayoffs after 6 years before 2020 season

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3h3 hours ago
B1G commish Jim Delany, when told NCAA President Mark Emmert prefers an 8-team CFBPlayoff:
"Everyone has an opinion. He doesn't have a vote though."

John Janda ‏@jJandbytheGram 2h2 hours ago
John Janda Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Was he asks about his previous comments of conference champs should be in the playoffs?

@jJandbytheGram Yes, he has referenced that several times. That he “lost that election"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott doesn’t expect Power 5 expansion “for foreseeable future. When might it happen again? Perhaps when TV contracts are up"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott on 16-team conferences: “I think it’s likely, I don’t know timeframe"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott hints to watch out when Pac-12 football/hoops TV rights expire in 2024. “We’ll be in a very unique position"
Good news for us. This sniffs of Texahoma four going to Pac-16, leaving either us and Kansas to B1G or at least we joined a weakened Big 12.

Reaction Score
Pac 12 Commissioner says that expansion may not be over....

I think it’s likely you’ll see more expansion, more consolidation over time,” Scott said Wednesday at the Learfield Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York, hinting at the possibility of 16 super conferences that have been dreamt up previously. Scott suggested the next round of media rights package negotiations could spearhead those discussions about expansion as conferences look to jockey for the best bargaining power with media partners. The Pac-12’s current contract is due to expire in 2024, to which Scott suggested “We’ll be in a very unique position.”

Pac-12’s Larry Scott says expansion may happen again, but unsure how soon

Reaction Score
Bob Driehaus ‏@BobDriehaus 25m 25 minutes ago
2 sources: @uofcincy to name @uofl's Neville Pinto permanent president; was UC graduate school dean until '11
Sources: Neville G. Pinto to be named University of Cincinnati's new president

>>Pinto is interim president at University of Louisville, but he has deep roots at UC, beginning as a professor of chemical engineering in 1985 and working his way up to dean of the graduate school.<<

>>If approved Saturday, Pinto will be UC's third in 2016. Santa Ono left UC to become president and vice chancellor at the University of British Columbia. Interim President Beverly Davenport accepted an offer to be chancellor of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. She will remain at UC through January.<<

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Bob Driehaus ‏@BobDriehaus 25m 25 minutes ago
2 sources: @uofcincy to name @uofl's Neville Pinto permanent president; was UC graduate school dean until '11
Sources: Neville G. Pinto to be named University of Cincinnati's new president

>>Pinto is interim president at University of Louisville, but he has deep roots at UC, beginning as a professor of chemical engineering in 1985 and working his way up to dean of the graduate school.<<

>>If approved Saturday, Pinto will be UC's third in 2016. Santa Ono left UC to become president and vice chancellor at the University of British Columbia. Interim President Beverly Davenport accepted an offer to be chancellor of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. She will remain at UC through January.<<
I'm really sure if this is a key tweet or CR material.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom