Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 298 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
You don't join the Big Ten. They pick you like one of those three eyed aliens from Toy Story.

I've been one of the biggest ones saying OK had no real place to go but, if it meant Delany could get Texas by taking OK he would do it in a heartbeat, then drop the mike, and walk off into the sunset.

The real question would likely be, "Would Texas be fine with just being a member like everyone else?"

Reaction Score
The real question would likely be, "Would Texas be fine with just being a member like everyone else?"

If there are enough incentives to do so and too few viable options not to do so, everybody falls in line. Look at Nebraska and Texas A&M. In the Big 12, they were anti-conference network and anti-equal revenue sharing.

Reaction Score
I like the comment about the big12 begin close to the AAC in pro top picks. Go AAC!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only certainty going forward regardless of what does or does not happen is that OU and UT will be well off and the other 8 will he scrambling.

None of the L8 have a clear path to another conference.

Reaction Score
So If quality of football is a major criteria for getting into the P5, as a result of this seasons games, Navy beating Houston, UConn beating Cincinnati, Cincinnati giving Houston a run for its money, and UConn almost beating Navy, I would think that both Houston and Cincinnati should no longer be considered P5 candidates. Maybe, Navy is a P5 school?? Lol

Reaction Score
I love "transitive wins"...

So Navy beats Houston..but Navy is beaten by Air Force who is beaten by Wyoming....Wyoming ought to be P5.

Or Ga Southern

who beat South Alabama
who beat San Diego St.
who beat Cal
who beat Texas
who beat Notre Dame
who beat Syracuse
who beat UConn

Ga Southern to the P5

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So If quality of football is a major criteria for getting into the P5, as a result of this seasons games, Navy beating Houston, UConn beating Cincinnati, Cincinnati giving Houston a run for its money, and UConn almost beating Navy, I would think that both Houston and Cincinnati should no longer be considered P5 candidates. Maybe, Navy is a P5 school?? Lol

Realistically, quality of football means over the last 30-50 years. It includes attendance and overall program recognition. It does not include recent wins and losses.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

If true, it's a good thing, I guess, so...

genieCheerleader_963.png

Yay.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's been obvious for weeks that the Big XII isn't expanding.

What's the conflict of interest in an ESPN reporter saying it?

The Big 12 isn't expanding because they need 8 votes and there aren't schools that 8 of them will agree on.

It's not some conspiracy - it's how dysfunctional organizations work.

Reaction Score
It's been obvious for weeks that the Big XII isn't expanding.

What's the conflict of interest in an ESPN reporter saying it?

The Big 12 isn't expanding because they need 8 votes and there aren't schools that 8 of them will agree on.

It's not some conspiracy - it's how dysfunctional organizations work.
Look out for "head fakes"!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now cry yourselves to sleep.

Shows how difficult it will be for the Big 10 to expand. Their network will lose tens of millons of subs over the next 7 years.

If they are planning on 52 million each at that point any new schools would need to bring 70 million a year in to even be considered.

The 14 current schools aren't giving up network equity to anyone who doesn't increase their individual rake.

The Big 12 is far from dead. Texas + Oklahoma doesn't approach 140 million a year.

With A&M already in the SEC - Texas brings even less marginal revenue to the SEC even if the hurdle is lower.

By 2025 the PAC 12 network will have gone the way of the MTN.

Texas and Oklahoma will find their best athletic and financial deal exactly where they are.

The ACC deal into the 2030s ended expansion for the P5.

Reaction Score
Shows how difficult it will be for the Big 10 to expand. Their network will lose tens of millons of subs over the next 7 years.

If they are planning on 52 million each at that point any new schools would need to bring 70 million a year in to even be considered.

The 14 current schools aren't giving up network equity to anyone who doesn't increase their individual rake.

The Big 12 is far from dead. Texas + Oklahoma doesn't approach 140 million a year.

With A&M already in the SEC - Texas brings even less marginal revenue to the SEC even if the hurdle is lower.

By 2025 the PAC 12 network will have gone the way of the MTN.

Texas and Oklahoma will find their best athletic and financial deal exactly where they are.

The ACC deal into the 2030s ended expansion for the P5.
At the experation of the next B1G contract the world could be a different place.
I've been around a long time ,the one certainty is change.
The status quo might require maximization of all potential markets and expansion might be a must.
I won't be here but you can tell everyone on the board how the old man might have been on to something. Projecting out 8 or 10 years with current data is a recipe for failure.
UConn one objective is survival.,

Reaction Score
At the experation of the next B1G contract the world could be a different place.
I've been around a long time ,the one certainty is change.
The status quo might require maximization of all potential markets and expansion might be a must.
I won't be here but you can tell everyone on the board how the old man might have been on to something. Projecting out 8 or 10 years with current data is a recipe for failure.
UConn one objective is survival.,

Look at the debt they are taking on. At today's rates, and assuming $20m a year in total debt service, we are talking about $300m in debt on athletic facilities.

They better hope there is no change in those network contracts, because if these anticipated revenues don't pan out, that $300m mountain is going to kill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom