Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 290 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The USA Today write this am mentioned in his article that now Houston and Cincy might have to worry about watering down their brand given the b12's bad performances this year. We've come full circle.

It's a cute sentiment given how this season has played out thus far but anybody who actually believes this needs to be committed...media is about sensationalism and bombastic statements of opinion not actual journalism when it comes to this process. The trash talk from trashy Houston fans aimed at the Big 12 is just another sign of their complete insecurity. Everybody knows they would fall all over themselves to get into the Big 12 - they are simply playing up a narrative to use when and if they don't get an invite. "We didn't want to get into the Big 12 anyways, we are toooo good!". LMFAO. So predictable.

Reaction Score
It's a cute sentiment given how this season has played out thus far but anybody who actually believes this needs to be committed...media is about sensationalism and bombastic statements of opinion not actual journalism when it comes to this process. The trash talk from trashy Houston fans aimed at the Big 12 is just another sign of their complete insecurity. Everybody knows they would fall all over themselves to get into the Big 12 - they are simply playing up a narrative to use when and if they don't get an invite. "We didn't want to get into the Big 12 anyways, we are toooo good!". LMFAO. So predictable.

The narrative will actually be "we didn't get into the Big 12 because they don't want to compete with us," though as posters here will tell you, that's not an unfounded concern.

Reaction Score
You just ignore facts in half your posts, it gets old. Express opinions fine, but at least get the facts right.

I miscounted and was off by a year (2011 vs. 2012). If you get your rocks off going around and pointing out rounding errors that's fine, but ignoring that the general sentiment of people's posts doesn't make you a defender of truth, it makes you annoying.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
New article from Kirk Bohls.

• It seems clearer and clear that BYU isn’t getting into the Big 12. Just too many negatives for the conference, which knows all about negatives.
  • At this point, I think there’s just as much chance that the Big 12 invites Cincinnati and maybe South Florida to put the league in new TV (and recruiting) markets.

Reaction Score

• It seems clearer and clear that BYU isn’t getting into the Big 12. Just too many negatives for the conference, which knows all about negatives.
  • At this point, I think there’s just as much chance that the Big 12 invites Cincinnati and maybe South Florida to put the league in new TV (and recruiting) markets.

UConn, Cincinnati, USF and Houston works for me if we have to go to 4 in order to secure votes. Probably would work for Fox as well. Destroys the AAC though. That's a lot of new territory and population and exposure to a conference that needs it and stamps the Big 12 firmly into the Eastern time zone. You get the three schools that were "power schools" prior to the dismantling of the Big East and grab Houston as your "hot property" in football and to appease the Texans. Adds the NYC/Hartford region, Tampa, Cincinnati and reinforcing sprawling Houston. Even if there is no Big 12 network (yet) to monetize all the eyeballs - the exposure in these kinds of places can do nothing but help IMO.

Reaction Score

I could see that happening. it would leave Uconn as the last former BCS/P5 school relegated to G5 status.
Perfect!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
UConn, Cincinnati, USF and Houston works for me if we have to go to 4 in order to secure votes. Probably would work for Fox as well. Destroys the AAC though. That's a lot of new territory and population and exposure to a conference that needs it and stamps the Big 12 firmly into the Eastern time zone. You get the three schools that were "power schools" prior to the dismantling of the Big East and grab Houston as your "hot property" in football and to appease the Texans. Adds the NYC/Hartford region, Tampa, Cincinnati and reinforcing sprawling Houston. Even if there is no Big 12 network (yet) to monetize all the eyeballs - the exposure in these kinds of places can do nothing but help IMO.

You can go back months and that was my prediction. I never thought BYU would get in. I assumed UH meant they needed 4 teams, so it was UC, UConn, UH and a Florida school. It really makes no sense for the Big 12 not to go all in on the eastern strategy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. Not enough expansion votes if the Texas schools don't support it.
2. Not enough expansion votes if the non-Texas schools don't support it.
3. Very unlikely that the non-Texas schools will dilute their vote further.
4. Tough for the non-Texas schools not to support Houston after especially Patrick's comment. At least 3 will insist on them.
5. Exapansion provides the B12 with too much money to leave on the table and some insulation it OU or Texas leave.
6. The only way to reconcile above is to expand by 4 schools.
7. UConn, UC, Houston, USF (or UCF.)

Reaction Score
It seems like USF is getting more attention as the FL possibility.

1. Not enough expansion votes if the Texas schools don't support it.
2. Not enough expansion votes if the non-Texas schools don't support it.
3. Very unlikely that the non-Texas schools will dilute their vote further.
4. Tough for the non-Texas schools not to support Houston after especially Patrick's comment. At least 3 will insist on them.
5. Exapansion provides the B12 with too much money to leave on the table and some insulation it OU or Texas leave.
6. The only way to reconcile above is to expand by 4 schools.
7. UConn, UC, Houston, USF (or UCF.)

Reaction Score
South Florida has no traction. I don't know where Bohls is getting that. Talked to people in the KU AD yesterday. Nothing new, 50/50 on expanding, no four team expansion without BYU, but possible four team expansion with two football only. KU still wants UConn and UC, they would vote for Houston and BYU as football only.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
South Florida has no traction. I don't know where Bohls is getting that. Talked to people in the KU AD yesterday. Nothing new, 50/50 on expanding, no four team expansion without BYU, but possible four team expansion with two football only. KU still wants UConn and UC, they would vote for Houston and BYU as football only.

That is what I'm thinking. UCONN and UC full invite, BYU and Houston for football only. This will minimize the BYU problems (at least playing on Sundays and distance), minimize the troubles of expanding east and west, keep Houston in play for the future if Texas leaves, minimize the amount of $ the networks pay, and keep most people in the conference happy.

Reaction Score

Good to hear whom the KU brass likes. Seems to reinforce everything Flug was saying about what he's heard from his OU contacts about what KU was thinking. We are but once voice though.

Totally against associate football members though. You are in or you are out. If you are going to take BYU and look past the honor code stuff (which at this point, I think is still going to submarine them) then I think their entire AD is worth taking. They have good, highly supported basketball too. Houston I can live without but if we are going to associate with them, just put them in the conference. This ticky tack associate crap for the big revenue sports reeks of small-time conference mentality and is basically admitting that the associate is a highly flawed program not worth binding yourself to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yea, the Cincinnati TV market is bigger and better the UConns. What is wrong with these idiots.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
So once we beat Syracuse we'll be .500

From the way the SU fan board is talking if they don't win by 3+ touchdowns it is a failure to them. They don't think it is going to even be close.
I don't think they are going to be able to handle the outcome of the game...

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 11.12.31 AM.png

Reaction Score
And you would expect something different from the fans of Orange, why?? Some years ago I entered a contest on the SU board, the prize being a souvenir from their time of greatness, many years ago. Much to everyone's surprise I won the item. The gnashing of teeth and horror was universal. Insults abounded. A UConn fan winning anything! Anyway, I declined the prize because I felt as if I were about to steal the Elgin Marbles from the Greeks. They are a bunch that lives in an alternative universe. I would suggest they all move to a mountain in far northern Burma for infinite tranquillity.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And you would expect something different from the fans of Orange, why?? Some years ago I entered a contest on the SU board, the prize being a souvenir from their time of greatness, many years ago. Much to everyone's surprise I won the item. The gnashing of teeth and horror was universal. Insults abounded. A UConn fan winning anything! Anyway, I declined the prize because I felt as if I were about to steal the Elgin Marbles from the Greeks. They are a bunch that lives in an alternative universe. I would suggest they all move to a mountain in far northern Burma for infinite tranquillity.

Is that supposed to be less remote and irrelevant to the modern world than Syracuse?

Reaction Score
It seems like USF is getting more attention as the FL possibility.
if you look at the Big East expansion targets, the vision was USF back then as well for a reason...
overall, the big east/aac followed the book on expansion targets if you use the Big12 candidates as the proxy.

Reaction Score
From the way the SU fan board is talking if they don't win by 3+ touchdowns it is a failure to them. They don't think it is going to even be close.
I don't think they are going to be able to handle the outcome of the game...

On another note, Vegas has UConn as 5 point favorites. But "ESPN Power Index" favors syracuse 52.7/47.3 :rolleyes:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
On another note, Vegas has UConn as 5 point favorites. But "ESPN Power Index" favors syracuse 52.7/47.3 :rolleyes:
2/3 of ESPN's on air and backroom talent are 'Cuse grads. Vegas is a lot less emotional with their analyses.

Reaction Score
2/3 of ESPN's on air and backroom talent are 'Cuse grads. Vegas is a lot less emotional with their analyses.

Vegas does it for a living...

BTW, I want beat them as much as anybody, but will it matter? When Syra... was taken by the ACC in 2011, we had beaten them 5 years in a row! We were left holding the bag while those unaccomplished bastards got their life line.

Reaction Score
Vegas does it for a living...

BTW, I want beat them as much as anybody, but will it matter? When Syra... was taken by the ACC in 2011, we had beaten them 5 years in a row! We were left holding the bag while those unaccomplished bastards got their life line.

All P5 victories matter when we can turn to the Big 12 and say look at our record versus P5 competition as compared to X school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom