Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 711 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Well well well- found an NIL source and a new home for UConn gear.

Irony of ironies. Wouldn't it be something if this new entity also acquired say Reebok, entered the sports uniform & clothing industry, & became a major rival to Nike? The ladies shopping contingent would be all over anything associated with Versace: fashion, size fit, style. Oh, & outrageous color combinations.

Reaction Score
I can see the jersey's now...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
These are the types of things that really show this is mostly a good ole boys club. SMU ain't delivering no goshdarn Dallas market.
I feel SMU has two purposes. Get the ACC into a second time zone/new cable boxes and get the ACC into a massive football recruiting ground. They have no other purpose.

If the ACC could take Houston they would.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well well well- found an NIL source and a new home for UConn gear.

Hmmm, possible names of a future on campus football stadium?

Crevoiserat Stadium, has a nice ring to it. It just rolls right off the tongue. For what it's worth I also find Tapestry Stadium to be an acceptable answer.

Reaction Score
I feel SMU has two purposes. Get the ACC into a second time zone/new cable boxes and get the ACC into a massive football recruiting ground. They have no other purpose.

Smu won’t deliver the recruiting ground either. That is so overstated.

Reaction Score

Except they could have and never did. This just has the feel of a pick up basketball game, where we are the last ones to get called and the captain is looking around and sees a grandma on the bench and asks her to play rather than ask us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Smu won’t deliver the recruiting ground either. That is so overstated.
Disagree. It helps expand for all existing ACC members. Nebraska lost its recruiting ways moving from the B12 to the B1G- Texas gone/program down.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Except they could have and never did. This just has the feel of a pick up basketball game, where we are the last ones to get called and the captain is looking around and sees a grandma on the bench and asks her to play rather than ask us.
You know why they didn’t- because the ACC internally has conflicting vision. They are not unified.

As for picking Grandma- yep, no denying that. SMU is Granny that happens to own a gym y’all can use to practice in. Granny doesn’t bring game- she brings real estate.

Reaction Score
The ACC tried to get into Texas before, but SMU is definitely not the way to do it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The ACC tried to get into Texas before, but SMU is definitely not the way to do it.
Well they f u n k’d up because they waited too long and all that is left is Granny.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Disagree. It helps expand for all existing ACC members. Nebraska lost its recruiting ways moving from the B12 to the B1G- Texas gone/program down.
No it doesn't. Not in a state with 6 P4 teams. The ACC will never crack Texas, which is why they never bothered with Houston. Houston was there for the taking all along and is much better than SMU (it's also technically on the Atlantic coast). This SMU thing is nonsense, they will probably end up with the PAC schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Houston was there for the taking all along and is much better than SMU (it's also technically on the Atlantic coast).

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No it doesn't. Not in a state with 6 P4 teams. The ACC will never crack Texas, which is why they never bothered with Houston. Houston was there for the taking all along and is much better than SMU (it's also technically on the Atlantic coast). This SMU thing is nonsense, they will probably end up with the PAC schools.
A state with 29MM people that added the equivalent of nearly 3 entire CTs in 20 years. A state that is madly in love with football at the HS level. SMU might not happen for many reasons, but there is no denying it is on the table. Now it might get kicked off the table today after this ACC meeting, but for this week it has been a thing.

Look, I am no fan of SMU, but I get why its being discussed. The ACC needs to avoid the pitfalls of the P12 and one of those is being too centered in one time zone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A state with 29MM people that added the equivalent of nearly 3 entire CTs in 20 years. A state that is madly in love with football at the HS level. SMU might not happen for many reasons, but there is no denying it is on the table. Now it might get kicked off the table today after this ACC meeting, but for this week it has been a thing.
I don't know if it's on the table, I simply know that if you walk into a sports bar in Texas, it will be tuned to SEC and Big XII games, no matter what. SMU isn't changing that, whether in the American, ACC or New PAC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's on the table, I simply know that if you walk into a sports bar in Texas, it will be tuned to SEC and Big XII games, no matter what. SMU isn't changing that, whether in the American, ACC or New PAC.
Of course not. No one has realistic goals to achieve that.

Reaction Score
Nebraska lost its recruiting ways moving from the B12 to the B1G- Texas gone/program down.

I hear this argument many times, but it simply isn't true. Nebraska was in the Big 8 until 1996 when it formed the Big 12. The Big 8 did not have any Texas schools as members. Nebraska was only in the same conference as Texas schools from 1996-2011, for a total of 15 years. Most of the great traditional powerhouse Nebraska programs came in the era of the Big 8 - where "home conference" recruiting was: Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa, Oklahoma and Missouri. The Nebraska program has been down for awhile now, but its faults don't lie with not being in a conference with Texas.

Reaction Score
Nebraska used to load up on recruits; that was their method. They used to dress 130 kids. No other school in the country was like that. I don't really know how they bypassed the 85 recruit limit, but that's how it was before entering the B1G

Reaction Score
Nebraska used to load up on recruits; that was their method. They used to dress 130 kids. No other school in the country was like that. I don't really know how they bypassed the 85 recruit limit, but that's how it was before entering the B1G
Instate Nebraska kids got free tuition, and their OL were all big farm boys from their instate walk on program. Nebraska HS football eventually faded due to numbers and now i believe most HSs just have 7 on 7.

Pretty sure it was something along those lines.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I hear this argument many times, but it simply isn't true. Nebraska was in the Big 8 until 1996 when it formed the Big 12. The Big 8 did not have any Texas schools as members. Nebraska was only in the same conference as Texas schools from 1996-2011, for a total of 15 years. Most of the great traditional powerhouse Nebraska programs came in the era of the Big 8 - where "home conference" recruiting was: Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa, Oklahoma and Missouri. The Nebraska program has been down for awhile now, but its faults don't lie with not being in a conference with Texas.
Instate Nebraska kids got free tuition, and their OL were all big farm boys from their instate walk on program. Nebraska HS football eventually faded due to numbers and now i believe most HSs just have 7 on 7.

Pretty sure it was something along those lines.
As a fan of the old Big 8 and a Nebraska fan, the reality is that the game changed. Those schools all featured dominant running games at their best. They had incredible OL talent from those local boys and got RBs from all over. The plains are windy, which is one reason why the Big 8 evolved to mostly avoid passing the ball and play great defense. As it all shifted to a passing game, Nebraska could never keep up. Even when they had some success somewhat more recently, the QBs ran the ball, like Eric Crouch.

Oklahoma obviously eventually embraced the passing game more successfully, but the fall off post Switzer was worse than anything Nebraska endured. Three failed coaches before they finally brought in Bob Stoops. It's almost odd that the Big XII became the opposite of what it was, now probably the most pass happy conference. All offense, not much D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom