Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 244 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Somebody may need to give serious consideration toward cancelling Beverly Davenport's Twitter account, or at least not allow her to use it anytime after happy hour commences.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Somebody may need to give serious consideration toward cancelling Beverly Davenport's Twitter account, or at least not allow her to use it anytime after happy hour commences.

Unfortunately for us, the possibility exists that happy hour has already commenced for her and she's already a couple drinks deep.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Wow, this is really going to knock Fenves's socks off when he's scrolling through his Twitterfeed! Why can't we be more like this? /s
Nobody's asking for anything like this, but you probably know that already. How's the view on that high horse?

Reaction Score
To be fair, this isn't the first time he's retweeted stuff like this. What I like is that it mentions being a Big 12 candidate and he still had the cojones to retweet it. So he clearly isn't under a gag order not to acknowledge that we consider ourselves a candidate.

Why would he be? Even the most critical reading of Herbst's statement the other day doesn't even hint at this thought . . .

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for us, the possibility exists that happy hour has already commenced for her and she's already a couple drinks deep.

Yep, but she didn't post that pic to begin with. All she did was respond to someone else's twitter pic. I wonder what the rules are for being allowed to post someone else's picture on twitter. I can see for public figures, but there must be some restrictions.

Reaction Score
But if WVU and Cincy are "partners"..it will be as Wayne's World was once described...."two chimps on a davenport in the basement".

Reaction Score
It's a good old boy network. UConn "not feeling right" is like Billy Beane drafting Jeremy Brown and bringing in all those Moneyball players against his scouts' recommendations (Okay, Brown didn't work out, But the A's had a great little run in the early '00s and their underlying philosophies were used by the Red Sox to win the 2004 and 2007 World Series.). The scouts had 35 years of baseball experience...each. They knew what a ball player looked like. Billy Beane brought in a Yale educated econ major who was good with pivot tables and focused ontaking advantages inefficiencies. That's scares folks who need a payphone when it's time order take out for dinner.

I'm sorry -- how else does one order take out for dinner?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry -- how else does one order take out for dinner?
Read it again and pay closer attention to the type of phone (Read: Set in their ways.).

Reaction Score
Steven Leath, the president of Iowa State University, recently sat down before the staff of his school's newspaper and answered questions for about an hour.

At the 25:30 mark somebody asks him about expansion and gives what seems to be a straightforward response. His answers aren't very revealing or even interesting. He basically says he thinks expansion is likely but doesn't know whether it will be by two or four. He expects it to be completed by Christmas and he'll consult with his AD and coaches.

But since he's one of the ten voting members, here it is for what it's worth:

https://www.facebook.com/iowastateda...3904960967615/

Reaction Score
Yes, that was what I was going for. You know it's a rough day when you get beaten up for making a joke about yourself.

From the best movie of all time "Animal House" - "Thank you sir, may I have another..."

Reaction Score
Also dumped into "Premium" thread:

For all you lawyers out there, how fast can a FOIA request be made, and what time frame can you go up to (for instance, July 26th to present day)? Would be an interesting request to see any and all communications sent to or received from that law office/attorney from the UConn front office. On second thought though, probably better to leave well enough alone and in the dark so as to not screw anything up in our hopes.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
For all you lawyers out there, how fast can a FOIA request be made, and what time frame can you go up to (for instance, July 26th to present day)? Would be an interesting request to see any and all communications sent to or received from that law office/attorney from the UConn front office. On second thought though, probably better to leave well enough alone and in the dark so as to not screw anything up in our hopes.
I would assume we got an identical letter with the names changed (hopefully). There is nothing to be gained from an FOIA request now, and it would be routinely denied at first forcing the requester to pursue it at another level. (my understanding of it from reading this board). Not a quick process at all. If we don't get in, I would like to see all our communications regarding the B12 and maybe the BE just because it might be interesting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think that they ask the GC to send the letter to the firm, because that letter would be attorney client privileged and exempt from FOIA. These guys aren't fools.

Several of my law school classmates at KU went to work for Polsinelli. I interviewed with them.

Reaction Score
That is (likely) the letter all 17 or whatever candidates got. Big woopty do. It's the same letter Glastonbury High would have gotten had they applied to the Big12.

You were already aware of the process as described?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tech question for everyone: all I see when people copy/paste tweets is "Loading Tweet" and the Twitter icon. No actual tweet appears. Is there a setting adjustment I can make? Or is this site-specific?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
Tech question for everyone: all I see when people copy/paste tweets is "Loading Tweet" and the Twitter icon. No actual tweet appears. Is there a setting adjustment I can make? Or is this site-specific?

Thanks in advance.

You somewhere on a network that blocks linking to Twitter?

Here's the text Dooley.

Jake TrotterVerified account‏@Jake_Trotter
This email Bowlsby sent UH prez Khator July 26 sheds a tiny bit more light on Big 12’s expansion exploration process
04.jpg

Reaction Score

Thanks in advance.
I get that for a second, but it does load eventually

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Thanks in advance.
Are you at work? Twitter might be blocked by a firewall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom