Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 237 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
David Glenn Show 8-15-16 Hour 2
Brent McMurphy dissects the upcoming expansion decision that will be made by the Big 12.
http://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HDJv9GLS

David Glenn Show ‏@DavidGlennShow · 1h1 hour ago
PODCAST Hour 2: @McMurphyESPN drops bad news about @ECUAthletics' chances in the Big 12 expansion decision.

Ryan Mills ‏@Ryan_C_Mills · 1h1 hour ago
@DavidGlennShow @McMurphyESPN @ECUAthletics
Brett McMurphy is a known ECU hater regardless of expansion chances

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN
@Ryan_C_Mills
I don’t just hate ECU. I hate every school. I was asked if ECU was among top candidates. They’re not. Blame the B12 presidents

Reaction Score
David Glenn Show 8-15-16 Hour 2
Brent McMurphy dissects the upcoming expansion decision that will be made by the Big 12.
http://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HDJv9GLS

David Glenn Show ‏@DavidGlennShow · 1h1 hour ago
PODCAST Hour 2: @McMurphyESPN drops bad news about @ECUAthletics' chances in the Big 12 expansion decision.

Ryan Mills ‏@Ryan_C_Mills · 1h1 hour ago
@DavidGlennShow @McMurphyESPN @ECUAthletics
Brett McMurphy is a known ECU hater regardless of expansion chances

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN
@Ryan_C_Mills
I don’t just hate ECU. I hate every school. I was asked if ECU was among top candidates. They’re not. Blame the B12 presidents

Lol in one quote McMurphy says "Don't trust anyone who says they know what Big 12 presidents are thinking, they're lying" yet all of his quotes are saying "I know what the Big 12 presidents are thinking." That being said ECU not getting in is a given.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
To be fair, would anyone notice a drop off in "fun" if Memphis was replaced with middle Tennessee state?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Watch it CL82, most adore Queen Suzy here. Surprised CT Mike gave you a like.
I hope it's in the bag. Because if not, as someone previous said, love to hear their explanation for playing it coy.

Reaction Score
Did this just launch today? It looks legitimate to me, based on the followers.

Big 12 Digital (@Big12DN) | Twitter

I was going to put it in premium top shelf tweets but I needed to comment on it. It's not the tweet, exactly, but the creation of the new twitter handle itself, sort of like announcing a digital network without announcing it.
Good find. Chuck Carlton confirmed it's real. Wondering if Bowlsby has something up his sleeve.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Watch it CL82, most adore Queen Suzy here. Surprised CT Mike gave you a like.
I hope it's in the bag. Because if not, as someone previous said, love to hear their explanation for playing it coy.
Put some respeck on my name.

Believe it or not it's possible to differentiate between different situations.

No, I don't like her comments, because by now she should know better, she should have a better answer ready... That she doesn't concerns me. There's nothing fun about the AAC. Our metrics warrant inclusion in any P5. However if the B12 acts irrationally - there's isn't much that you or Suzie or anyone else can do.

Reaction Score
Did this just launch today? It looks legitimate to me, based on the followers.

Big 12 Digital (@Big12DN) | Twitter

I was going to put it in premium top shelf tweets but I needed to comment on it. It's not the tweet, exactly, but the creation of the new twitter handle itself, sort of like announcing a digital network without announcing it.

I found this. It doesn't appear to be new.

The Big 12 Digital Network is your online destination for exclusive streaming video & audio straight to your computer or mobile device. From daily Big 12 updates to game highlights to championship coverage and press conferences, the Big 12 Digital Network is the ultimate place for everything related to the Big 12 Conference.
Big 12 Digital Network - Your Official Source for Big 12 Video & Audio

Reaction Score
You want to know the funny part of all this. 99% of the fanbase is probably fine the way things are going in terms of the admin doing everything they can to put us in the best light for Big 12 officials.

I have no doubt that if the big donors had a problem with it, they would be putting pressure on Suzy and Benedict to ramp up the noise.

The rabid, over the top, I know better fan base that resides here is what, a few hundred die hards, with most not having a clue on what is the best approach.

What may be happening behind the scene is SH knows we are not getting in and she would look foolish begging. Not something I hope is true, but it may be.

We got a certain someone sticking up for Hathaway now. :rolleyes: This place has become insufferable.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You want to know the funny part of all this. 99% of the fanbase is probably fine the way things are going in terms of the admin doing everything they can to put us in the best light for Big 12 officials.

I have no doubt that if the big donors had a problem with it, they would be putting pressure on Suzy and Benedict to ramp up the noise.

The rabid, over the top, I know better fan base that resides here is what, a few hundred die hards, with most not having a clue on what is the best approach.

What may be happening behind the scene is SH knows we are not getting in and she would look foolish begging. Not something I hope is true, but it may be.

We got a certain someone sticking up for Hathaway now. :rolleyes: This place has become insufferable.

It's pretty hard to defend SH when you objectively compare us to the schools that we are going to lose out to, but I guess someone had to try. I have been a supporter riggt up until today, but she has had two chances now and has learned absolutely nothing about how to sell our school. I am firmly ready fr a change in administration if we get passed over for Cinci, Houston and Memphis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

For one nothing is more insufferable than an adult who uses a rolling eyes emoji.

Secondly - the idea that there aren't a few dozen people here who don't know this stuff inside and out - probably better than anyone is Storrs is silly.

Hell we have people who have spent more time selling UConn than the frigging school has.

Reaction Score
It's pretty hard to defend SH when you objectively compare us to the schools that we are going to lose out to, but I guess someone had to try. I have been a supporter riggt up until today, but she has had two chances now and has learned absolutely nothing about how to sell our school. I am firmly ready fr a change in administration if we get passed over for Cinci, Houston and Memphis.
Love these grandiose reactions when absolutely nothing has been settled yet.

Don't get me wrong, you sound ridiculous. But I appreciate the commitment to this line of thinking.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Do you mind citing the post where someone stuck up for Jeff Hathaway? You brought his name up unsolicited and not a single post that followed yours had anything complimentary to say about him.

Reaction Score
Do you mind citing the post where someone stuck up for Jeff Hathaway? You brought his name up unsolicited and not a single post that followed yours had anything complimentary to say about him.

Someone tried to blame Herbst for us not getting in the ACC earlier and I said Hathaway was responsible and whaler called me out on changing the subject instead of responding to my post directly.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Someone tried to blame Herbst for us not getting in the ACC earlier and I said Hathaway was responsible and whaler called me out on changing the subject instead of responding to my post directly.

Yes, I was that someone. And I didn't blame her. I said I am pro-Suzie and I said I expect her to figure out what other conferences are looking for and implored her to hammer the point home that we deliver what they're looking for. You then quoted that post and literally wrote "Jeff Hathaway" for no apparent reason. Even though the man literally was not even employed by the university since before even Syracuse and Pitt left. I agreed that he didn't set us up well for conference realignment. And no one here defended him.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was that someone. And I didn't blame her. I said I am pro-Suzie and I said I expect her to figure out what other conferences are looking for and implored her to hammer the point home that we deliver what they're looking for. You then quoted that post and literally wrote "Jeff Hathaway" for no apparent reason. Even though the man literally was not even employed by the university since before even Syracuse and Pitt left. I agreed that he didn't set us up well for conference realignment. And no one here defended him.

You are correct. I read the line about us being in the northeast and the ACC didn't take us and then skimmed the rest. My bad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guerin Emig ‏@GuerinEmig · 12h12 hours ago
Humored by #Big12Expansion, humbled by a West Virginia injury and sickened by Hope Solo. It was quite a week.
Guerin-teed it was quite a week: Humored by Big 12 expansion, humbled by a West Virginia injury and sickened by Hope Solo

This is from the article:

Visit Lawrence on a fall Saturday. Grab a bite downtown on Massachusetts Street. Stroll the prettiest campus in the Big 12 Conference. Drop by Allen Fieldhouse and see if Bill Self left the door unlocked. It can be an exhilarating day.

Just know that if you use your football tickets and spend three hours inside Kansas’ half-empty stadium, you’re liable to require a joy transplant.

Kansas’ average attendance last year was 27,282. The next-worst figure in the Big 12 was Baylor’s 46,190. That gulf, besides KU’s pitiful record since Mark Mangino left town, makes it pretty obvious that the Big 12 puts up with Jayhawks football solely because of Jayhawks basketball.

KU football besmirches the conference. There’s no other way to say it.

Remember that attendance figure. Assuming you have been to KU’s Memorial Stadium the past seven years, remember how depressing that feels compared to going literally anywhere else in the league for a game.

What I’m about to show you are 2015 average attendance figures from several of the 18 schools reportedly interviewing to join the Big 12 (a salute to ESPN.com’s Brett McMurphy for the scoop)...

South Florida: 26,578

Air Force: 26,026

Colorado State: 24,917

New Mexico: 23,528

Arkansas State: 23,007

Tulane: 22,930

SMU: 21,043

Northern Illinois: 13,942

All worse than Kansas. Here’s more...

UCF: 30,065

San Diego State: 29,066

UConn: 28,224

All comparable to Kansas. And...

Cincinnati: 37,096

Houston: 33,980

Boise State: 33,612

Those last three programs could make the Big 12 better on the field — they’re certainly better than Kansas — but the attendance figures don’t add up. All three play in 37,000-40,000-seat stadiums, so it’s not like there’s room for major growth.

I am reminded of the classic Sesame Street tune “One of These Things Is Not Like the Others.” Change “one” to “18” and you’ve got the theme song for Big 12 expansion. You just have to laugh.

You just have to hope that Bob Bowlsby and his board of directors have an end game in mind that is more sensible than laughable, meaning one that involves expansion of a different kind (lawyers and TV execs working 24 hours a day to cut a Power 5 deal nobody knows about) or no expansion at all.

Would it be embarrassing to double back after pressing forward so publicly? Yes. But not as much as adding another four teams from a group being outdrawn by Texas high schools.

Guerin Emig
@GuerinEmig

Sports columnist for the Tulsa World.

These people are so stupid sometimes. Or perhaps so limited in the scope of what they see. It is the prettiest campus in the league and Massachusetts street is awesome. Football is fluid. What you are is not what you were or what you will be. Looking at a snapshot tells you next to nothing. We at UConn know this.

But KU, as awful as they are and horrid a run of coaches as they have hired, won the Orange Bowl in 2008 and had a top ten finish at 11-1. Their lowest home attendance the following year was for Louisiana Tech, 48,621. In 2010 UConn's lowest was around 36k, with a capacity of 40k. We had several sellouts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom