Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 173 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
This logic makes perfect sense unless your name is the University of Texas and you already have a network. In that case your primary goal would be to preserve the LHN and insure any Big12 additions do not threaten the LHN in the future. The last thing Texas AD Perrin needs is that uppidy Boren and Gee screaming next year about a Big12 network after a couple of new regions in the NE are added.

Texas' preferred expansion strategy probably comes down to "do nothing." If there public outcry from the rest of the losers in the Big12 and expansion has to happen then UT's expansion candidates are likely selected on 3 characteristics. "Please note TCU and TT will also be having what Mr. Longhorn is ordering."

1. Whose addition insures the Big12 is not significantly helped in building a network thus insuring the UT will never be asked to fold the LHN into a Big12 network?
2. Whose addition allows a nice easy travel for UT athletes and fans/alumni?
3. What program is most likely to bow to the Longhorn nation and do what they are told in the future?

TCU and TT are probably providing a tutorial to UH as we speak.... "So when the UT AD walks in, make sure you always stand and do not sit down till AD Perrin says it is ok. Whenever AD Perrin finishes speaking make sure you always scream "hook em horns." If asked a questioned do not make eye contact and the appropriate response is always "what would you do, sir?" And, above all else, always vote the way UT tells you to...you going to do fine in the Big12, welcome aboard Houston."

On the mark, Dwalks, but you forgot TCU's alleged pub crawl with the longhorns. Worked like a charm!

Reaction Score
I love all the Houston hate from a school with 0 Top 25 football finishes.

Look, UConn hoops is awesome. But let's not forget Kansas was left on its own (talking to the Big East) when Nebraska was heading to the Big 10 and the Pac 12 was talking to UT, Tech, A&M, Colo, OU and Ok St.

Point being, a great basketball tradition is a distant second to football when it comes to power conference realignment.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Look, UConn hoops is awesome. But let's not forget Kansas was left on its own (talking to the Big East) when Nebraska was heading to the Big 10 and the Pac 12 was talking to UT, Tech, A&M, Colo, OU and Ok St.

Point being, a great basketball tradition is a distant second to football when it comes to power conference realignment.

Football is a distant second to money. Houston doesn't add any money to the B12 pile. The value of other schools is prospective, but we know for a fact that any school in Texas adds nothing to the B12. Heck, losing A&M didn't cost them a cent.

Reaction Score
Football is a distant second to money. Houston doesn't add any money to the B12 pile. The value of other schools is prospective, but we know for a fact that any school in Texas adds nothing to the B12. Heck, losing A&M didn't cost them a cent.
It seems to me it may have cost UT way more than they ever expected.

pj

Reaction Score

If the Pac12 were picking, it would take Kansas ahead of Ok State or Texas Tech. #1 school in Kansas is better than #2 in Oklahoma or #N in Texas. They'd also take Kansas ahead of Utah.

But, presumably Oklahoma and Texas were looking out for their in-state colleagues. And Kansas wasn't available when Utah was.

Reaction Score
We P5 guys do tend to have the glib righteousness of the Saved passing judgement on the Damned.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You'd think y'all would have something better to do.

If UConn gets invited somewhere I can't imagine hanging out on a FIU board pi**ing on them.

No, but we may need to hold a telethon to pay for the grief counseling that is going to be required for the Cuse board.

Reaction Score
UT's End Game was always pretty transparent to me. Its 1)Preserve The LHN at all cost. 2)Try not to look like your end game is preserving The LHN at all cost. I get it. They have something that is unique and valuable and they are not interested in giving that all up just so that KSU or WVU can come up in the world George Jefferson Style. The insane-o contract that ESPN gifted them expires long after the current Big 12 GOR will have come and gone. The Big 12 will either not expand(UT's preference) or take 2 football names that look like quality wins on a team's schedule when it comes playoff time. The Big 12 will make a lot of money for another few years, and then it's time to turn on the lights because its last call. Texas will be great. OU probably ok. KU? That is a good question. The rest of the conference? I hope you saved your money.
preserving the LHN now is great for UT. but the network isn't going to fly in the BIG or ACC (or even the PAC). off the top of my head, i don't know when the Big 12's TV rights end vs the LHN contract, but if it's much sooner, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Most of the hate is because of people like you.

Reaction Score
If the Pac12 were picking, it would take Kansas ahead of Ok State or Texas Tech. #1 school in Kansas is better than #2 in Oklahoma or #N in Texas. They'd also take Kansas ahead of Utah.

But, presumably Oklahoma and Texas were looking out for their in-state colleagues. And Kansas wasn't available when Utah was.
you mean the state legislature for both OK and TX were looking out for their other state assets.

Reaction Score

I do not think anyone on the BY has been hating on UH. Overall I think most UConn fans think Houston is an up and coming program who could successfully perform at a P5 level if given an opportunity. If TCU and Baylor were able to build successful programs then there is no reason UH could not do the same thing.

All that said, football realignment is not about football...it is about money and population zones. The fact you keep trying to play the "football drives power football realignment" card shows a misunderstanding of UH's strength and weaknesses. If the Big12 expands it because they are trying to close the financial gap between the SEC/BIG which means additions need to add money. Adding a 5th program in a state the Big12 already owns will not generate the kind of money an addition in a new region can generate. Houston would be a much more attractive candidate to the PAC or ACC. Its money...not football.

BTW...I am not going to insult UH football but, even if we argued on pure football grounds, UH is not the powerhouse you are claiming them to be. Since 2000 (16 season) UH has only finished the final poll ranked twice (2011 and 2015). During that same period UH has more losing seasons than seasons they finished ranked. UH football greatest claim to fame is that they identified and hired two coaches who went on to further success at another P5 Texas school (Briles - Baylor, Sumner -TA&M.) Bottom line - over the last 15 years UH football has been very inconsistent with some periods of success. Unfortunately as soon as UH football has had success its coach leaves and the program needs to rebuild. If I was a Houston fan I'd enjoy this moment cause history will likely repeat itself when Herman leaves next year.

I understand the pressure to retain Herman means finding a P5 seat now for Houston but one great season can not completely change the narrative. ..personally I hope it works out for UH but only after UConn has a seat.

Reaction Score

Hate would be going to your board and constantly talking shirt. Like you do here.

Reaction Score
Hate would be going to your board and constantly talking shirt. Like you do here.

The guy is crowing about Houston's 1 year accomplishments in football on the board of a team that beat them in football!!!

What does it say about Houston that in their best season ever they lost to a team that the poster describes as sucky?

Obviously, logic is not his strong suit.

Reaction Score
Ironically, our football program probably has more fans than UH football. UH's most notable fan is Paul Wall.

Reaction Score
You'd think y'all would have something better to do.

If UConn gets invited somewhere I can't imagine hanging out on a FIU board pi**ing on them.

Conference realignment is relative to many....it is as relevant to the ACC and FSU as it is to anyone, I'd say.

Movement of teams east of the Mississippi is felt all along the warp and the woof of the several conferences.

The changing way we access live sports, the evolving widening gulf in athletic revenue, the relative "weight" of a specific sport, market, or fan base, all are of interest to many.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment is relative to many....it is as relevant to the ACC and FSU as it is to anyone, I'd say.

Movement of teams east of the Mississippi is felt all along the warp and the woof of the several conferences.

The changing way we access live sports, the evolving widening gulf in athletic revenue, the relative "weight" of a specific sport, market, or fan base, all are of interest to many.

If only the "many" had message boards of their own.

Reaction Score
Houston is one Tom Herman job hop away from football obscurity in Texas. However, they could likely always hire the pillar of integrity Kevin Sumlin back once A&M has to pull an Art Briles on him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I love all of the self-proclaimed bravado from a fan of a school with 0 wins against a school with 0 Top 25 football finishes.

Look, Houston football had an awesome 2015 season. One. Awesome Season. Let's not forget a few things: the awesomest season in Houston history still features a loss to the team that you can't stop disrespecting.

Point being, one great football season is a distant second to an established athletic department with success in several sports on a BCS/"Power" level, large TV market saturation in markets that are not already well within the B12 footprint, a large fanbase that stretches all over the northeast (including New York and Boston), brand value that compares with over half of the current P5 members, TV ratings that stack up against everyone (even in bad seasons), academic ranking that closer resembles higher learning rather than a community college for chimps, and most importantly, a school that can easily support/justify a $30M/yr buy-in.

Let's be honest, if the B12 wanted to make a football-only grab, it would just add BYU and Boise and be done with it. But the B12 needs to weigh many more things that are far more important than one good football season (that still features a loss to the program that you can't stop putting down).

Reaction Score

Real simple solution to your issue here...stay off our board!

Reaction Score
Translation: I am a loser.

(postscript loser note: I could not edit the previous post on my blackberry Q10)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I love all of the self-proclaimed bravado from a fan of a school with 0 wins against a school with 0 Top 25 football finishes.

Look, Houston football had an awesome 2015 season. One. Awesome Season. Let's not forget a few things: the awesomest season in Houston history still features a loss to the team that you can't stop disrespecting.

He sounds like a Rutgers fan.:D

Reaction Score
Wow I thought I was a loser.

You may well be. Who would know better than yourself.

I am a football fan of many decades and watch many teams play...As Billybud, I have been on the WVU board since 2002 (the upheavals of the first BE CR)..and have near 15,000 posts.

I did participate on the VT board back in the early 2000's with folks like Mr. Jolly (now a mod), Jarrett's Dad, and VTTBI..that board (Scout) is pretty much now defunct.

I keep up with many teams and quite a few boards....from Hineygate (Ohio State) to Irish Illustrated to UConn Boneyard. That may not be your thing...but I don't think less of you for that. It is my thing and, having retired fairly early, I have had more time than most.

And I have enjoyed the hell out of it.

Reaction Score
You may well be. Who would know better than yourself.

I am a football fan of many decades and watch many teams play...As Billybud, I have been on the WVU board since 2002 (the upheavals of the first BE CR)..and have near 15,000 posts.

I did participate on the VT board back in the early 2000's with folks like Mr. Jolly (now a mod), Jarrett's Dad, and VTTBI..that board (Scout) is pretty much now defunct.

I keep up with many teams and quite a few boards....from Hineygate (Ohio State) to Irish Illustrated to UConn Boneyard. That may not be your thing...but I don't think less of you for that. It is my thing and, having retired fairly early, I have had more time than most.

And I have enjoyed the hell out of it.
Your next stop....

Forum | Faygoluvers | Forum | Faygoluvers

Reaction Score
Classy Butch....Much too old for such nonsense...whoop

There will always be gatekeepers and xenophobics who resent those from outside of the tribe....it is part of message board life.

I get it.

I don't flame, I do give my viewpoint which should be divergent from some if not most in the northeast.

Use the ignore button and save yourself the anxiety.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom