Key to next year | The Boneyard

Key to next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both Purvis and Calhoun need to find consistency of their game. I think the chemistry on this team is just fair but the inconsistency of Purvis and Calhoun has been the biggest killer. They cannot take Pressure of Boatright--they both have LOW basketball IQ they dont pass--bot of them are sitting at the three point line and are just fair shooters at best. Hopefully in the offseason as older players--they can diversify.

Reaction Score
One main key to next year is the same main key as this year. Without a dominating front court we deparately need two solid ball handlers that can set up plays and if necessary make their own shot. This year we have only one, and next year... sigh.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
What we need is, Brimah to be a lil more Okafor, and a lil less Okwandu

Reaction Score
Use our scholarships and bring in a lot of new players. It worked for Maryland this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With or without another quality recruit or two, the key to next season will be patience. Losing Boat is huge. If we don't add another quality ball handler to complement Adams, it is going to be another very frustrating season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If we can get another big and a wing, I would love to see us play like ollie did and many calhoun teams... press/trap and after an opponents miss or made bucket as quick as we can get down the floor for a bucket. if not that's where ollie will have his guys run the sets he wants... i think next year the offense will be smoother with a year and an off season under their belts

Reaction Score
We are terrible this year with Boat. Next year is going to be grim.

Reaction Score
We need top level basketball players who can handle the ball and shoot that Ollie can convince to play in AAC...good luck with that.

JC had the luxury of recruiting players into the best basketball conference in the country....Ollie is recruiting players to a powerhouse BB school stuck in a conference of misfits they will be stuck with for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
People are really lame aren't they. This morning is a testament to "bandwagon fans" everywhere because we obviously have the most of them. Almost embarrassing to read some of these threads with s spouting out the same ole crap. I mean there may be a reason to be concerned to a point but to walk into every thread possible and say the same ole end of the world BS is really fn lame. Please go find another team, maybe UK is for you - you can come in 2nd again.

Reaction Score
Another ball handler is a must for this team. Adams, as good as he isnot a true point and he has a good handle but not great handle like, Bazz, Boat or Kemba. With Omar, Purvis and TSam having below average handle another ballhandler is a must.

Need a big who can score and take pressure off the guards. Teams like Hosuton just guarded the three point line hard and didint care about anything inside.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Another ball handler is a must for this team. Adams, as good as he isnot a true point and he has a good handle but not great handle like, Bazz, Boat or Kemba. With Omar, Purvis and TSam having below average handle another ballhandler is a must.

Need a big who can score and take pressure off the guards. Teams like Hosuton just guarded the three point line hard and didint care about anything inside.

Adams is more has more point guard in his pinky than RB has in his body - I love RB but to say he has as good a handle as Bazz or Kemba is nuts.
If Houston was concentrating on guarding the three, they sure lost UConn's only three point threat in the second half - RB
I fully agree about the big situation. Unless AB turns into a bonafide offensive threat, UConn needs a stretch 4 BAD

Reaction Score
Like others have said we need another ball handler. A guy who can consistently hit the outside shot would help also. I'm not expecting for much help inside besides AB getting better and maybe SE providing something. I haven't given up that we can find a few more good players to put into the 2015-16 rotation. If we have another bad year Ollie will definitely be on the hot seat heading in 2016-17 whether he just won last year or not.

This is a pivotal time in UCONN men's basketball history and we can't afford to lose any more ground since being relegated to this horrible conference. We have to be the best of these dregs.

Reaction Score
Adams is more has more point guard in his pinky than RB has in his body - I love RB but to say he has as good a handle as Bazz or Kemba is nuts.
If Houston was concentrating on guarding the three, they sure lost UConn's only three point threat in the second half - RB
I fully agree about the big situation. Unless AB turns into a bonafide offensive threat, UConn needs a stretch 4 BAD

Watch the first half and see how Houston guarded us. Yes Boat got hot and was heaving up threes because we were desperate to come back. What were all of our guards and Dham combined from the field?

The point wasnt comparing Boat to Bazz or Kemba, the point was Adams doesnt have the handle of Boat, Bazz or Kemba so we need another guard with handle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We need top level basketball players who can handle the ball and shoot that Ollie can convince to play in AAC...good luck with that.

JC had the luxury of recruiting players into the best basketball conference in the country....Ollie is recruiting players to a powerhouse BB school stuck in a conference of misfits they will be stuck with for the foreseeable future.
he got hamilton this year, and the 19th best recruiting class in the country so far with hopefully more coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom