key focus next game. lock down the lane | The Boneyard

key focus next game. lock down the lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do not believe they can beat us from the perimeter and our team speed is superior. If we shut out the lane from dribble penetration and second chance points we should have a great opportunity on our hands to advance

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Easier said than done. Kane is stronger than anyone we could put on him to guard him. We will have to have coordinated help defense and switching. I expect to see more Nolan than Brimah down low.

Reaction Score
Easier said than done. Kane is stronger than anyone we could put on him to guard him. We will have to have coordinated help defense and switching. I expect to see more Nolan than Brimah down low.
I think Kromah can guard him well. I think Kane is very good, but Kromah shut down Galloway who was two inches shorter, but heavier and just as difficult to guard.

Kane is craftier with his passing ability than Galloway was, though. The real key to this game is going to be transition defense. UNC isn't a very good defensive team, but Iowa State struggled to generate too much offense in the half court, and got a lot of their points in the fast break, or the secondary break as UNC's defense stopped the first attack.

Probably means we're going to need to have Bazz stay back rather than crashing the offensive boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom